[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfailian guns - next best thing to a semi-auto rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: revolving_rifle.jpg (19KB, 700x205px) Image search: [Google]
revolving_rifle.jpg
19KB, 700x205px
I'm stuck in Australia for the forseeable future, which means I legally can't own any semi-automatic shotguns, pump-action shotguns or semi-automatic rifles on my standard longarm (A/B) licence. But I still want something reasonably quick-firing in a respectable magnum handgun cartridge that I can use for plinking or hunting medium game.

I already have a .22LR Uberti Silverboy, which is pretty good for my rimfire needs, but for this next gun, I was thinking something along the lines of a revolving rifle or pump-action rifle. Maybe an Uberti 1873 carbine, an Alfa Proj carbine, a Rossi Circuit Judge, IMI Timberwolf, something like that.

What does /k/ recommend?
>>
>>32448646
Get a Remington 7600-series, they're pump action rifles available in a variety of calibers that will accept 5-10 round mags.
>>
>>32448914
Indeed. I have a 7615 and it's great fun. Would also suggest a Marlin lever action (had one in .44), and (for shits and giggles, an Adler 110 (admittedly not ever owned one).
>>
Are you allowed to have a lever-action?
>>
>>32451950
Lever actions are kosher, yes, but they tend to be quite pricey due to their rarity - they were more of an American thing.
>>
>>32451950
Yeah, lever actions are all good. I'm thinking of getting a .44 lever either as my first or second gun. Not sure if I wanna get a .22 bolt before or after.
>>
>>32451996
>.22 bolt
My uncle owns a .22 pump action, some ancient thing built in the 1920s, holds about 15 rounds and is very fun to shoot. Easier to magdump than a bolt action, that's for sure.
>>
>>32451604

Get the Remmington over the Adler.
Get a pump 22 over the Adler.
Get a Circuit Judge over the Adler.
Get anything over the Adler.

The Adler is a piece of crap that needs to be disassembled after 200ish rounds just to stop it from failing. For the $300 difference any pump is going to be better.

> Ausfag with ABCH Licenses, a range of firearms and a shitty Adler
>>
File: FS1147-2016-12-20_09-24-38-AM.jpg (28KB, 480x142px) Image search: [Google]
FS1147-2016-12-20_09-24-38-AM.jpg
28KB, 480x142px
Strayan.
Lever actions are pretty common, you can get a .30-30 Marlin for $800, .44s are about the same, large calibre BLRs go for about $1000
Pump rifles are legit, again a .22 Win 10906 for $400, Rem7615s and 7600s go from 1K to 2K depending on how much tactical M4 crap has been bolted on. Pump .357 and .44 magnums like the Timberwolf are rare in Oz so go for about $2k if you can find one.
Pump shotties are CatC but lever actions like Adlers are still legit and about $900. Buy one just to piss the pollies off.
>usedguns.com.au will give you a guide
>>
File: IT BEGINS.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>32452196
>ABCH
Jellier than an aeroplane, m80. Just sent in my application for A/B.
>>
>>32448646
dont you have lever shotguns? lever gun of sometime is your best bet. revolver carbines are stupid, but they look cool ill give you that
>>
>>32452293
Yes, but not for much longer.

They are talking about reclassifying them into an unobtainable category, and knowing the state of gun laws, things only get worse, and every ant-gun bill will eventually pass, attempts to stand up to them are met with even stricter laws.
>>
>>32451996
No, you want a .444 marlin.
>>
pump rifles will be gone the moment someone sees one with an ar mag hanging out the bottom.
>>
>>32452312
I hear what you're saying, but this situation has existed for years. The 7615 takes stanag mags and these are easily obtainable from farmers disillusioned with Johnnie's gun grab, or any AJ that can get a mag from the armoury sans sign out.
>>
Watch this guys video on it, he's an aussie with a cat D license so he can actually compare

Beware, the man has NO communcation skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gHll38obg
>>
>>32448646
I have a Remington 7615 and it's a heap of fun, even if it's horrendously overpriced for what it is. My favourite rifle by far and if you're in either NT, SA or (insert other state I'm unsure of) you can pick up 20-30 round magazines easy enough. .223 is "cheap" in comparison to many other calibres and you can go completely mental with tacking tactical shit all over your gun.

Lever-action 357s are rare but pretty neato.
Timberwolfs are pretty decent but good luck getting one for a reasonable price, better off with a 7615 imo. But still a good gun.

>>32452196
Adlers are fine, mostly. I've dragged mine through ~2000 rounds and 12 months of mud and tropical humidity, still works just fine. Never disassembled it. Best value waterfowl gun you can legally shoot the silly things with.
Quality control is shit though, I'll give you that. It's a cheap gun you buy for a thrashing then fuck it off when it breaks.
>>
>>32452196
>ABCH license
Is that the equivalent of a Class 3 SOT (full auto dealer) in the US or something?
>>
>>32452919
It's like, almost California-tier gun laws. In the bad way.
>>
>>32452919
Varies from state to state a little but in vic

CAT A/B: You can actually have this.
Lever action, bolt action, breach loaders and coach guns.

CAT C:Basically unobtainable, forget about it.
Pump action shotguns, rimfire semi autos

Dat D: Unobtainable, forget about it.
Intermediate cartridge semi autos.

Cat H: pistols, you can have this if you have white skin and are willing to go through quite a bit of bullshit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.