[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lock on infantry weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: SmartPistol.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SmartPistol.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
So i play a ton of Titanfall 2, I'll be frank /k/. I was actually wondering if the Smart Pistol or any lock on infantry weapons (Small arms in this case) would ever be possible.

We already have stingers for aircraft, so it's possible to an extent. Lemme know what you think /k/
>>
>>32443592
I feel like the chances of friendly fire with this would be way too high given current technology.
>>
>>32443592
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1478495057248.jpg (295KB, 1280x970px) Image search: [Google]
1478495057248.jpg
295KB, 1280x970px
Can they be possible? Yes. Will they be practical beyond mounted guns? No. The most you'll probably see is something akin to a refined Tracking Point. Where it marks a target for you, calculates wind and distance, and you just hold down the trigger until your crosshair hovers over the target then it fires.

Also if you use the Smart Pistol or Tone you're a fucking subhuman and I hate you.
>>
>>32443783
That already exists, I saw a YouTube video of the concept like a year ago. It was fully functional, but the company hadn't started mass production at that stage.
>>
>>32443592
>>32443783
http://www.aim-lock.com/
>>
File: Trump.jpg (67KB, 624x531px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
67KB, 624x531px
>>32443783
OP here, I'm part of the Ion master race. And Id rather be using a Smart Pistol than be a bitch with a sentry in the corner.
>>
I could see a system working on a helicopter that fires small rockets and "locks" onto targets using a people sniffer type of device.

For a gun, no I don't really see it.
>>
Give me one reason why smart pistols aren't shit.

You sacrifice a free spare battery for a pistol that is only effective against grunts, and one that you have no guarantee of even getting to use before some nigger shoots you in the back of the head.
>>
>>32443592

What does having stingers for aircraft have to do with this?

The IFF doesn't stop you from shooting. It only tell you, through beeping, if the target returned "friendly" or "unknown".
>>
>>32444467
I used amped weapons. an alternator with that 2 shot body shot is awesome. but battery is nice
>>
>>32443592
wow those graphics are shit
>>
File: mp_lobby0016.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0016.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>32444383
>not using Amped Weapons or spare battery.

>>32444467
Assuming you're talking about in-game, it's an instagib gun that you don't have to aim to use. It's a lot easier to fight back with Phase Shift and Stim being in this game, and being a boost and all... but it's still fucking a niggardly gun.

A good player with a smart pistol is horrifying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.