[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF guns and gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Snapseed.jpg (76KB, 492x344px) Image search: [Google]
Snapseed.jpg
76KB, 492x344px
Do you guys actually take this seriously or is this more like a RP thing among gun owners?

For example, I love to plan about my SHTF set up, even though I know that it will probably never happen and that if something did happen it wouldn't be very likely for me to survive.

Do you guys actually have a set up that you clearly have for this sole purpose? If so, what is it and what is your idea of SHTF?
>>
>>32442709

Generally I follow my TA-50 loadout I had in the army in a civilian version for SHTF which includes basic survival shit. I don't go over the top with it like some folks do.

Most of /k/'s idea of surviving SHTF is absolutely outrageous and outlandish, generally anti-social and autistic because they believe it's all about massive stockpiles of guns and ammo, bullet-proof vests and killing people.
>>
Its kinda like small time drug dealers buying a throwaway gun. It makes them feel gangsta when they show their buddies as they watch Scarface and pretend they'll be that big slinging dime bags, and they are paranoid enough of real crooks trying to kill them that having a gun makes them feel safer.
>>
>>32442709
It's fun to intellectually masturbate to SHTFantasy because it appeals to primal instincts that all gun loving men have, but I don't take it too seriously and was under the impression that most mentally healthy people don't either.
>>
>>32442765
Yeah, I'm basically like that.

It's a nice RP thing but I don't actually believe in it. It's cool to put set ups and basically just compare stuff and imagine about it. But nothing more.
>>
File: 1482191620380.jpg (126KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
1482191620380.jpg
126KB, 700x524px
>>32442765
Although it is healthy to be able to live independently for a short while.

It IS smart to have enough food, fuel and water to last a week or two. I'd say toss in good generator, warm blankets, and first aid kit also.
>>
>Katrina didn't happen and wasn't SHTF
You folks must not be from the south.
>>
>>32443134
What's your SHTF setup then?
>>
SHTF is a temporary thing like a flood, hurricane, Yellowstone eruption, stage 4 chimpout, etc. where the answer is to just bug in and shoot anyone who presents a valid threat to your life or property. Normal life except checking for threats on the horizon instead of going to work.
For that my gear is an accurized HK91 with some PSG-1 parts, a Remington 870 PM, and a CZ 75B.

TEOTWAKI is absolute never going to happen nonsense. Red Dawn, Y2K-esque economic collapse, alien invasion, zombies... yeah, nah.
I have innawoods gear for camping/hiking and I'd try to survive but I put no thought into it. Childish fantasy and naught more.
>>
>>32442765
This is how I feel about jesus.

It's fun going to chirch and all, but I don't really think he died for MY sins.
>>
I'm totally against stockpiling. Creates ammo shortages and drives up prices. When/if TSHTF just gonna make you a target. Stay mobile, stay light.
>>
>>32443213
>Yellowstone eruption
>>>>>>>>>>Temporary thing
>>
>>32444310
Temporary as far as I'm concerned. There will be panic and looting as the ash falls, but life will go on without all those Mormons.
>>
File: gutssss.png (321KB, 1159x874px) Image search: [Google]
gutssss.png
321KB, 1159x874px
"muh SHTF is a temporary thing like an earthquake, the world won't collapse"
this is what unprepared degenerates say. every major civilisation will collapse, and ours will too. expect the world population to half in less than 10 years of the collapse.
have as many guns as appropriate and as much ammo as possible if bugging in.
>>
>>32444015
In other words, become a refugee.

Are you Yuro, by chance?
>>
>>32444339
Panic and looting follower by a global freeze from ash covering the sun. And half the Midwest dying
>>
>>32444015

I disagree.

You'd be disgusted to see how much flour is wasted, for example. Unsold cooked foods get tossed.

Nothing is wrong with buying a little extra every now and tn to add to the stockpile, it causes no shortage. Hopefully it doesn't lead to unnecessary corporate speculation that effects price, though.
>>
>>32444646
>Panic and looting follower by a global freeze from ash covering the sun.
Haha. No. Ash will not cover the sun (duh) or even block the sun.
>>
>>32444648
I mean, I don't own my home and I don't have a family. Nothing i own is worth staying for. I'm a farmer so I can essentially homestead anywhere. Self sufficiency trumps a stockpile anyday.
>>
>>32444646
>Panic and looting follower by a global freeze from ash covering the sun.
Yeah, nah. It's going to be super shitty farming in the US because of the ash, but it won't spark a damn ice age. Even the worst case projections show little effect beyond North America.
>And half the Midwest dying
And I will play a tune for them. Desert Tech MDR delayed indefinitely.
>>
File: DSCN0510.jpg (1009KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0510.jpg
1009KB, 2272x1704px
>>32442709
>what is your idea of SHTF?
Any emergency which destabilizes or destroys sources of food, water, shelter, & personal liberty/safety to such an extent that many people will die, or will be at great risk of death, as a result. Especially a scenario in which necessities will be scarce for more than 1 month.

>Do you guys actually take this seriously or is this more like a RP thing
Yeah, i take it seriously. I enjoy the process of making plans & preparations.

>Do you guys actually have a set up that you clearly have for this sole purpose?
Absolutely. Its an ongoing process of planning, training, & gear-acquisition, and i dont have all of my bases covered yet. As it pertains to weapons/fighting, the golden rule is, of course,
ALWAYS AVOID/FLEE FROM ARMED CONFLICT, ONLY FIGHT IF NECESSARY.
Other preparations include: 125lbs air-sealed-water-tight* white rice, 75lbs of *sugar, approx 100lbs unsealed dry beans & rice & salt for future air-sealing, assorted water filters & water containers & other water purifiers (efficient water storage is currently lacking in my system, although im working on setting up to keep about 50gals plus a rain barrel), canned foods for about 3 months, outdoor gear & packs of all types, lots of ammo (i havent counted in a while), and my guns of course + other goods which ive forgotten to mention. My plans and goods are still developing and becoming more encompassing by the month...
In an 'ideal' SHTF scenario, anon & his family/friends etc., will be able to handily outlast danger by implementing EMERGENCY PLANS and a combination of MULTIPLE SOURCES of stored & renewable goods.
Currently, my dedicated weapons for emergency are my HD shotguns (500 & 590a1, both with internal upgrades & accesories) & my EDC. A good carbine is on my immediate to-buy list.

cont.
>>
>>32446426
tldr

-Have Action Plans (just like a family fire escape plan, or a tornado/blizzard plan)
-Have Multiple Sources of All the Essentials (food, water, shelter, energy, security)
-Be Willing to Work Hard & Adapt

Of course, the application of weapons & teams is a huge topic all on its own and can have many application within many relatively common emergencies
>>
>>32443213
>For that my gear is an accurized HK91 with some PSG-1 parts
Pics, pls
>>
>>32443213
>>32446461
seconded, that sounds really cool
>>
>>32442709
AK and SS Oak uniform all the way
>>
>>32442765
>>32442859
I'm with you guys. While it's fun to dream and have some gear and a few days worth of supplies available, it's retarded to take it anything beyond that like a lot of /k/ seems to think they should.
>>
How many nations were decent/ ok 50-100 years ago but are now murderfuck shitholes? Shit hits the fan regularly and is hitting the fan at this very moment in certain places and there isn't an end in sight. I hope we are developed enough to resist things like this but im not betting my life.

As a decently normal person with above average willpower how many days without food would it take you to assault someone you didn't like to take their food? If you have never gone hungry before the answer is five max. If you are black the answer is 1. Consider these things
>>
>>32444339
We aren't that bad anon :'(
>>
>>32442709
I just posted this in another thread

There's nothing wrong with being a martial citizen. It's actually strange that the modern era is the only time when most men of fighting age aren't actually prepared at all to fight. At any other point in human history all able bodied men were ready to be called to defend their people as men-at-arms. Im not sure why we're so pussified now, maybe because it's just too easy to survive nowadays, maybe because we let women into politics and they don't like scary things, lazy modern lifestyle, idk.
>>
File: 1480387474327.jpg (108KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1480387474327.jpg
108KB, 409x409px
>>32444646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8RuQrhVBvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swz7S2szids
>>
File: minutemen.png (410KB, 667x317px) Image search: [Google]
minutemen.png
410KB, 667x317px
>>32447621
i mostly agree
..Training squad-gunfighting tactics with my family & friends is an aspiration of mine. It will likely never happen to the extent that I would prefer, but whatever, it is what it is.
The goal is to create practiced, armed unit cohesion (a unit composed of very close family or friends) for the sake of securing/defending our residence (likely a family home) or aiding in neighborhood security. Each individual knows his/her role within the unit. Skills would be practiced monthly or bi-monthly.

Basically we would be a well-organized mini militia. Minutemen. If people could commit to it, the practical applications are nearly unlimited (in varying degrees) amid many emergencies.
I feel that a small group of close friends would make the best squad mates... And, of course, other preparedness essentials would also be in the game plan (food, water, energy, etc)

pic mostly related
>>
* Hurricane in Houston that wipes out ship channel, spills hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil, causing hundreds of deaths, a virtual stop to all oil refining and import from the Gulf, and hundreds of billions in damage

* Any 9.x earthquake on the west coast that we KNOW will happen, likely in our lifetime

* Yellowstone

* A dedicated group of bandits that take out power/water supply of any major metro area, which we know is possible with fewer supplies than you'd think (look up Metcalf sniper attack, and the recent happenings in Corpus for the feasibility of similar things being done with malice).

* Nukes. Survivable if you're not hit, civ will likely go on as I don't believe any country with sufficient nukes to end the world is stupid enough to use them all.

* Massive detention by US government. I hope this doesn't happen, frankly less likely than the above bullet points, but worth noting as a physical possibility.

* Massive, unprecedented collapse of stock exchanges

---

Not all of these are permanent bugouts. Depending on the scenario/traffic, I'd like to get a few hundred miles away to my relatives who have acreage and a spring. Others don't offer that kind of time, or others may demand bugin or a more adhoc evacuation.

Having a medkit, survival supplies, water purification, MREs for mobile, and a stock of food and water for bug-in or 'less-urgent' mobile, is not a bad idea, and costs <$1500 easy including a weapon.
>>
>>32442709
The way I look at is this: Yes its fun to pretend and prepare for an all out war. Bu depending on your area, that prep could save your life. Having just a little bit of SHTF prep in you could make a tornado or hurricane Katrina into something you can survive.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.