[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault-6.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-6.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /k/ommandos, poor fag here.

What's the best 5.56/.223 ammo I can buy that's still pretty cheap?

>Also a new gun owner so go easy
>>
brass: wolf gold
steel: dunno, some tula or some shit
>>
>>32442285
What's better, brass or steel? What's the difference? I can get 500 tula rounds for $150
>>
>>32442283
Bump
>>
>>32442299
brass won't chew up your barrel or extractor as much
you can replace both of those items though
>>
Perfecta (basically Walmart brand ammo) makes some decent stuff for the price. The .223 is brass cased and comes in boxes of 50 for ~$15 a box. It's great range ammo as long as you don't mind the accuracy being pretty "ehh".
>>
>>32442299
brass is more slippery than steel and tends to be loaded less consistently so it tends to be less reliable (not a problem on the range, just don't use it for defense).

The only *real* problem with steel is that if you get your barrel (and by extension your chamber) very hot, then let it cool down the steel case may stick in the chamber because it is a similar metal to the metal in the chamber and wants to create chemical connections.

TL:DR
steel is 98% of perfect reliability, brass is 99% of perfect reliability, and nickel coated brass is 99.5% of perfect reliability.
>>
>>32442375
>>32442392
>>32442386
Ok thanks guys. So would it be best to buy online or to just go to cabelas? Also, if wolf gold really the best cheap brass ammo?
>>
You can get 1000 rounds of Tula steel case for about $235 after shipping from sgammo. But according to the website, it won't ship out until Jan 3-4.

One of my ARs has shot nothing but steel case since I bought it this Feb, only had one malfunction so far. I was shooting it about a month ago and it failed to extract, I had to beat the case out with a cleaning rod. In the guns defense though, I had never actually gave the chamber a good cleaning.
>>
>>32442392
You are full of goddamn bullshit
>>
>>32442406
cheapest would be online milsurp in bulk
>>
>>32442406
>>32442831
Cabelas sale prices are usually less than anything online, especially when you factor in shipping. And they almost always have something on sale. Also, I haven't seen actual military surplus 5.56 in more than a decade.
>>
>>32442283
Steel case is fine for poorfags. You wont shoot enough to go through a barrel anyway. Its just dirtier and less consistently loaded, causing worse accuracy. Wolf steel case is considered just a cunts hair better than tula.

Wolf gold and pmc bronze are the cheapest brass and both work fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.