[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did I do /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_5048.jpg (292KB, 1681x1861px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5048.jpg
292KB, 1681x1861px
Commiefornian here with nothing but this (thinking about getting some level 4 body armor maybe)

Anything else I should legally get? Am I fucked when SHTF?
>>
I "think" preppers will be fucked because public servants (government agents) spy on everyone and KNOW who every prepped is, and the selfish isolationism ideals some preppers have would be detrimental as fuck to society in a disaster scenario.

Remember what hoarders did to .22lr? If your part of the community doing that to necessary commodities like food and water when SHTF then its a guarantee people will absolutely fuck you up.

IMO there's nothing wrong with starting a disaster preparedness stash but doing at the cost of effecting the market significantly enough to seriously inconvenience others and deprive them of necessities will likely make you a villain in everyones eyes.

And get a metal working hobby.

It ain't hard to make body armor., plus you'll be able to do all kinds of great stuff with the skills you learn.
>>
>>32438836
Im just looking to spend some side income on the basics to survive when I cant count on 911 (as if anyone can anyway) but yeah I agree with most of what you said.

Any suggestions on IV body armor or critiques on the FMJs/HPs/1/7 inch rifle I got so far?

Thinking of getting a glock in .45 for a sidearm maybe
>>
>>32438765
>$9.50 a box 5.56
>50 grain TSX instead of 70

>not building your own AR

You did terribly
>>
File: 1.jpg (5KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5KB, 125x118px
>>32438836
>body armor
>metal working

Hoo boy
>>
>>32439087
I wanted my bullets to all be the same weight though

>>32439263
Yeah im not making my own body armor in my lifetime
>>
>>32438765
Just fucking move out of there.

Fuck it, it's not worth losing your rights to live there

Remember, authoritarians don't come to power over night, it's a slow decline.
>>
>>32439643
I broke up with my gf when she moved to the only state worse than CA, my parents passed away and my brother joined a cuult. I have nowhere to go...
>>
>>32438836
>>32438836
What did hoarders do to .22lr, besides hoarding it?
>>
File: 15c per round lel.png (346KB, 898x510px) Image search: [Google]
15c per round lel.png
346KB, 898x510px
>>32440922
Literally nothing. They are trying to sell it now.
>>
>>32440605
As somebody who has moved states a few times, it's really easy.

You need about $500.
Sleep in your car.
2 weeks before you move call every single job place in the city and put in an application.
Schedule interviews for the day you come in and crank out as many as possible.
Work your job and get your shit mailed to a PO box
You should be able to scrape something together in a month for an apartment, especially car living and eating something cheap.

I have faith in you.

Also buy like... 20 of these. Food and cooking and money are sometimes scarce so these will come in handy as the ultimate back up.https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ultimate-survival-technologies-food-bar-2400-calorie-4-pack-20-02020-06-811747022206.do
>>
>>32441113
What do you eat when you live in a car? There's no kitchen.
>>
>>32441077
Why would you ban or hoard .22lr ammunition? Are muslim squirrels going to invade America or something?
>>
>>32441134
You can cook things at work sometimes and store it for later.

Fast food really isn't as bad as people say, you're going to be eating like the human garbage you are for at at least a month.

You can also eat soup cold, fun fact. It's shit but it's food.

You will literally hate yourself while you're in it but you will love yourself later. You will look back on it as a defining moment of your life.

Sometimes you can find people on craigslist that will short rent their couch. I found a dude at my job who just let me crash at his place until I saved enough for my own.

Just have faith in yourself. People are more willing to help than you think hombre.
>>
>>32441169
ppl r dum
>>
>>32441077

Over 15 cents a round!? What the fuck is he thinking?!
>>
>>32441180
That all seems worse than staying here. I still have a house, a job, a network of friends and associates and a 10 shot semi-auto rifle with a bullet button(really just a minor annoyance that retarded liberals came up with).

I don't think starting from scratch in a new state is the best choice unless I got fired and lost my house or something.

>>32441113
Any non-GMO/Organic options for the food bars? There's a significant health difference I've noticed ever since I started eating certified natural real food.
>>
>>32441113

>live in your car
>eat emergency rations
>shower where?
>for a month

Jesus dude, you're a hero. Not the one we need, but the one we deserve.
>>
>>32441222

>he fell for the no GMO meme

As someone who went to school for this shit, GMOs have literally no impact on the nutrition value of the food.

"Free range," "antibiotic free," "organic," and other labels are produced by the same company that produces the cheap shit and sold at a markup to cash in on a market that was created by their own reps. It is the illusion of choice.

That being said, there is a significant difference between local produce and meat and industrial produce and meat. If you want legitimately healthy food, go farmer's market, you pay a premium, but everything is fresh, unfrozen, immediately local, and also fucking delicious.

If you buy industrial, buy cheap industrial, if you want legit good for you stuff go local.

Also, on the moving thing, the fact that you have a house is so much easier, just get a job, sell your shit, and move.
>>
>>32441282
>went to (((school))) and learned to trust GMOs
Nope

Not listening to an indoctrinated dependent who lets others think for them
>>
>>32441282
Organic/local/non-gmo is all in the same group here in CA, so you did kind of redeem yourself i admit
>>
>>32441077
hahahaha i love seeing this. the price on 22 is crashing you can already get it for 6 cents a round on cabelas, it was like 9 cents a round in september. we are going to have affordable 22 again and fuck the reselling hoarders
>>
>>32441347

Well where I live most """""organic""""" food people buy is the "Tyson brand Tyson organic chicken." In CA I guess it's a little different, which is what I've heard, that even superstores carry local produce and products, which I think is really neat and good for the local economy. It isn't like that at all here.

I get meat almost exclusively from the farmer's market, it is much higher quality and legitimately doesn't have all the extra junk in it. Local is 10/10 the way to go. Also, in season okra is proof God loves me and wants me to be happy.

>>32441333

No, I went to school for biology. When you know biology, GMOs aren't scary. It's the preservatives, insane amount of antibiotics fed to cattle, and processing plants that are scary. GMOs mean that you can grow corn specifically for taste, HFCS, ethanol, starch, or to make bread. GMOs mean you can grow tomatoes resistant to drought and bugs. It is the processing methods and industrial chemical application that is spooky as fuck.
>>
>>32441113
>Also buy like... 20 of these. Food and cooking and money are sometimes scarce

Which is why I wouldn't touch those on a dare. They're not SOLAS rated, so they're nothing more than really expensive fig newtons.

Try Datrex or Mayday brands. They both meet SOLAS standards.
>>
>>32439263

The best armor is always steel armor. Ceramics don't last as long under the shock of absorbing fucking bullets.

>>32440922

They caused it to be so scarce nobody could get any! Don't you recall the THOUSANDS of threads on /k/ about .22lr hoarders??

>>32441077

Yea he's trying to break even most likely. What hoarders did to .22lr was obscene.
>>
>>32441874
>Takes courses funded by Monsanto
>Obscures evidence of lab rats with cancer
>Infertility
>Thinks Certified Organic is the same as "Natural"
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: onmyway.jpg (527KB, 698x1152px) Image search: [Google]
onmyway.jpg
527KB, 698x1152px
>>32438765
>black hills 50gr
>$71.95
Good god no.
Hell, cabela's even sells their high end 77gr TMK's for $61
>>
>>32438765
>Anything else I should legally get? Am I fucked when SHTF?
I don't know, off top of my head:
>emergency food/rations that last long
>water/emergency water cleaning drops/lifestraw/a barrel to collect water
>lights, matches, batteries, candles
>hygiene items
>clothing/cold weather clothing
>radio

seriously, only real big event in CA is earthquakes or lord forbid, yellowstone explosion.
>>
>>32442351
you do not have the facilities to properly harden and work steel for armor.

youd be better off making shitloads of ceramic plates yourself
>>
>>32442711

1) buy $399 200 amp welder with a plasma cutter
2) buy a bunch of 1/8th inch steel of a grade suitable for armor you can cut with the torch or learn to cut thicker steel with the stick
3) cut and shape piece(s)
4) build dirt cheap tempering oven from cinder blocks coated with refractory cement
5) make a pizza oven style door, play with the heat until its right, then temper the steel
6) tack weld together if in multiple pieces

You now have homemade armor.

If made from smaller plates welded together and you face hardened and tempered, it would also provide a slight spaced armor effect.

You can literally make your own body armor plates with even less investment, likely.
>>
>>32442740
steel plate + high velocity projectile = spalling

You will need a lining of rubber, paper, kevlar, etc. if you don't want to have a fine metal spray shear your torso, neck, arms and legs.
>>
>>32441222
>I don't think starting from scratch in a new state is the best choice unless I got fired and lost my house or something.
Wrong. You live in California.

So start saving up. When you have enough, quit your job. Sell your house. Find a better state to call your home and think about the 2A while happily jerking yourself to sleep.
>>
>>32441874
>Weather is perfect
>Every decent town has a store and restaurants that sells local real 10/10 organic food
See why it's kind of hard to leave this degenerate, gunbanning blue state?

Regarding the education I just hate when people go "I'm (((educated))) so therefore I'm right" and meant nothing personal. What I meant by GMOs was yeah just the vague term for all the stuff associated with mass produced unhealthy trash filled with chemicals etc beginning with genetic modification. It's the correlation to non-GMO and organic that has made my life better. I still eat the bad stuff 10% of the time because I'm not an extremist but every meal I can, I try to get as close to "real/healthy" food as possible even if I have to sacrifice some jewpaper or taste.
>>
File: IMG_2664.png (301KB, 480x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2664.png
301KB, 480x449px
>>32442351
>Ceramics dont last as long under the shock of absorbing fucking bullets.
I agree but I have the money and want something that will be guaranteed to stop anything. Replacing it after it saves my life once is a problem I am willing to deal with later.

>>32442627
This is why I dont trust modern education. It has been corrupted into an extreme indoctrination program and really taken off on how much it brainwashes people.
>>
>>32442658
>Same weigt as the PMC M193
I want all my bullets the same so I can get good with the expensive ones while using the cheap ones. Considering I have way more M193, dont you agree with this concept?
>>
>>32442665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgZtGehM8s
>might be real
>Is at least a potential threat

CA has a lot of potential problems coming in it's future but you are right about a big natural disaster leaving everyman for himself when SHTF. Also thanks for supply list
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
I was looking at ceremaic vs steel and doing research as well OP.

I finally went with a vest that came with soft armor inserts and had chest and back pockets for Sami plates. Then ordered some light AR 500 armor steel plates after watching a ceramic get hit twice by AK and the area decentagrating leaving a spot for the following rounds to penatrate.

Vest weights 6 pounds, each light plate weights similar.

Wear my chest rig over the vest and it works.

Yeah in California you are gonna experience the liberal Utopia effects first bro. All your shit is gonna be fucked up in the happening. Just make sure you,re prepared to get out into the desert. City people are gonna be fucked.
>>
File: IMG_4524.jpg (56KB, 750x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4524.jpg
56KB, 750x282px
>>32443151
So where are the best/thinnest NIJ certified level IV ceramic plates and a carrier that can fit them sold at? All I can find are non-certified, fuckhuge thick ones, and carriers only big enough to hold <.5inch steel plates.

>>32443102
See
>>32443114
But yeah I agree on leaving soon unless Trump changes pic related by force
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 288x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 288x314px
Mfw OP is a master bullet button operator single shot AR hinged sniper with no pistol grip in the happening.

I am so glad the Jews targeted California first.
The rest of the country can see what they wanted for us all.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 249x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 249x214px
>>32443163

Wrap yourself in phone books with duct tape.

Backup plan. Blackface and Sombrero for Camo.
>>
>>32443166
The funny thing is that after I practice a few hundred more rounds at the range I will literally be one of the best prepared individuals in the state to survive a gun battle. Sure I have a 10 round semi-auto rifle with a shitty reload and I'm surrounded by gangbanger darkskins with illegal weapons, but soldier's have fought worse with less.
>>
>>32443166
>>32443174
>Average California happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K47VXTNkE_8

>that camo idea
Top kek, it would actually work, practicing my espaƱol and buying a poncho now
>>
>>32443181

Can't you get like an 80% lower and all the normal AR parts and just not assemble them?

Then in the happening, just break the law and hide from ATF doggo killers.

That is what I would do.

Don't cuck yourself to much with bullet buttons and Jew tricks.
>>
>>32443150
oh, don't forget medical supplies.
>>
>>32443181
>he WANTS to get into a gun battle during SHTF
I hope you got armed buddies with you. Otherwise all your gear is going to be taken off your shot up corpse.
>>
>>32441113
What the fuck am I reading? Why the fuck wouldn't you save up enough money to live in a hotel while you search for an apartment/house, find a job before you leave so you have guaranteed employment when you get there, or at least have a few months of savings for while you look for a job?

You're not going to get a good job if you're living like a fucking hobo.

OP just get the fuck out of California, but save up some cash and do it right.
>>
>>32443378
Wanting to get in a gunfight and being ready for one are not the same thing. You don't drive fast and wear a seatbelt because you want to crash.

You do it because you're willing to take the risk and welcome the consequences, whatever they may be, for your actions
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 634x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 634x352px
OP if I was gonna stay in cuckfornia with the commies and use cucked AR mags, I'd go AR 10 308.

If you have to go low capacity, might as well balance it out.

All the tards talking about wanting to get in gun fights In SHTF, I assumed OP is defending his home and barricading himself/roof top shooting.

I made the assumption OP literally wasn't an IQ 85 nigger.
>>
>>32441222
Oh my god, you are actually a full cuck.

I expect to see you in one of those videos where and "artist" is melting your guns down to make shit pieces.
>>
>>32440605
are you an adult, or a faggot.

If you have money, and have worthwhile job skills, you can live almost anywhere.

The fact that you think the lack of a family means you can't do anything is really weird and telling.
>>
>>32442830

Oh wow, you'll need a little tire rubber.

Holy shit impossibru
>>
File: IMG_5065.png (40KB, 250x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5065.png
40KB, 250x425px
>>32443748
>>32443739
>wanting commiefornians to infect the rest of the country
No you guys are the problem

Let the man make his own life decisions based on the stuff you don't know. CA is a huge state with a lot of opportunities/upsides that come with the oppressive multicultural communism
>>
>>32444371

The real problem is people that have never had to hunt to eat or defend themselves are allowed to have their ignorant opinions effect legislation.

They are brainwashed by schools and mostly educated by the TV.
>>
File: Trailer-09a-729526.jpg (588KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Trailer-09a-729526.jpg
588KB, 1600x1200px
>>32441230

You can literally buy a old as fuck pop up camper for a couple hundred and sell it after you move for more if you fix it up a bit. I've heard of OLD pop ups going for 50 bucks.
>>
>>32438765
So you're either going to register that AR as an assault weapon and it will be confiscated the second any state of emergency is declared, or you will not comply so you won't be able to take it to a range to practice.

There's always kydex wraps and 10rd mags for the range though.

IMO if you want a relatively under the radar but capable weapon system in CA the Ruger Mini-14 and Springfield M1A are the way to go. Also Kel-Tec SU16 is great if you intend to bug out.

Pistols are also incredibly valuable. Can't really move through a contested area with a gun in plain view without drawing fire. PRO TIP: Glock 23 10rd magazines hold 13rds of 9mm.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.