[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to the US from EU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1437168571030.jpg (598KB, 1682x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1437168571030.jpg
598KB, 1682x1088px
Hello, /k/

I'm a european looking to move to the US permanently, but I want to be able to own a firearm or three. I'll be residing either for several years or permanently, depending on how things go. I suspect the 2nd amendment situation may be better under Donald Trump from here on out.

Do I have to get US citizenship to buy a fun? If not, then what about CCW licensing? I "aim" to move to Vermont.

Thanks bunches for any help.
>>
>>32429218

To own a gun you need to acquire permanent resident status, no citizenship required. Vermont doesn't require a permit to carry concealed either so once you buy the gun you're good to go.
>>
File: welcometok.png (611KB, 740x644px) Image search: [Google]
welcometok.png
611KB, 740x644px
>>32429218
I think you can buy them as a permanent resident meaning "resident alien" or "becoming citizen" stay away from california, new york, new jersey, colorado, and alaska. good look!
>>
>>32429288
*good luck!
>>
>>32429253
>>32429288

Thanks burger friends, that's cleared up a lot.

However I have some neutered guns of my own that comply with foreign laws, namely a shotgun with a blocked mag tube and a couple double barrels.

Do you know anything about importing those? It'd be nice to get away from these Big Brother-tier laws and let my shotgun live as it was intended.
>>
>>32429288
Why Alaska??
>>
>>32429218
Hey I cannot help you cause I'm also Eurorich, but your pic is cool af, just saying.
>>
>>32429253
>To own a gun you need to acquire permanent resident status
No you don't.

>>32429218
How are you obtaining your status? Employment? Marriage? Which country are you from?
>>
>>32429362

What do you need, then?
>>
>>32429362
>No you don't.

I'd like you to elaborate if possible, it'd be really helpful.

>How are you obtaining your status? Employment? Marriage? Which country are you from?

I'm a Britbong, I didn't want to mention it in the OP so I could avoid the memeing. It's going to be marriage, I've spent a lot of time in the US already, but only in short bursts.
>>
>>32429310
It looks like you need to fill out this form, submit it to the ATF, and bring the shotguns with you when you move.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/atf-f-5330-3apdf/download

>8. A nonresident U.S. citizen returning to the United States or a nonresident alien
immigrating to the United States, from a permanent residence outside of the
United States may complete and forward the enclosed ATF Form 6 Part I permit
application without having to utilize the services of a federally licensed firearms
dealer. The nonresident should include a statement, either on the application form
or on an attached sheet, that the firearms are being imported for his personal
use and not for resale and that he is a nonresident U.S. citizen returning to the
United States, or is a nonresident alien immigrating to the United States. The firearms must accompany the nonresident
U.S. citizen on entry into the United States, since once he is in the United States, and
has acquired residence in a State, he may not directly import a firearm. He must
engage the services of a federally licensed firearms dealer in his State of residence to
import the sporting firearms (excluding NFA and surplus military) for him. A nonresident alien must bring in their firearms within 90 days of arrival in the United
States, which is when they obtain State residency. If the firearms are to be imported
after 90 days of arrival, he must engage the services of a federally licensed firearms
dealer in his State of residence to import the sporting firearms (excluding NFA and surplus military) for him.
>>
>>32429378
Permanent residents can own firearms, not sure about anyone else.

Where does your spouse want to live? Pretty much anyplace in the Deep South is pro-gun.
>>
>>32429416

Thanks a lot m8, bookmarked for later.

>>32429426

I'd love to move to the south, but the waifu is extremely insistent on the New England area. She's from CT and our first date was in NY. From what my research tells me, Vermont is a good compromise for my fun needs and her family and work needs.
>>
>>32429374
>>32429378
If you're in the US NOT under a VISA, you can purchase a firearm (yes it's retarded).
If you're in the US under a non immigrant VISA, you cannot purchase a firearm unless you have a hunting license (which is easy as shit to get in most states), or other more restrictive exemptions.
If you're in the US under an immigrant visa (i.e.: Green card), you can purchase a firearm under the same conditions as a US citizen.
>>
File: Ayy lmao can buy guns.png (53KB, 1074x521px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy lmao can buy guns.png
53KB, 1074x521px
>>32429469
>If you're in the US NOT under a VISA, you can purchase a firearm (yes it's retarded).
I thought you were bullshitting so I looked it up, and holy shit it's true. So does this mean, that some dude in the visa waiver program can buy a gun in damn near any state?
>>
>>32429550
Yes, it means exactly that.
If you needed more proof that ATF regs are fucking retarded, there you go.
>>
>>32429550
>>32429557
>Be Ahmed, from Germany
>Be entering US without visa
>Be purchasing a gun
>Be mass killing
Nope, no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>32429550
> tfw travelling to the US for 3 Months grants me the right to buy and own funs
> tfw I can't buy funs when studying abroad in the US

that's pretty bullshit, but yes
if you are a yuropoor and travell to the US, you can stay there for 3 months and buy funs too
>>
>>32429578
>tfw I can't buy funs when studying abroad in the US
You can. You just need a hunting license.
>>
>>32429550
You need your I-94, a valid US/state ID, and a hunting license. I used to work for an FFL and my wife is going through the process for her green card. But if they have their LTC in Texas they get to bypass NICS if they still have all of the other paperwork.
>>
>>32429595
and that's a problem
because getting one is different in each state

by the way
any good technical universities in pro 2A states?
> Texas Tech
>>
>>32429722
>Tech
Thats not how you spell Aggieland, anon.

Joking aside, Tech is a great university, just a bit isolated. College Station isn't much better though, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>32429288
Massachusettsian here,
we need a permit just to buy shotguns and rifles, stay away from here too.
I'd leave but I was born here and feel too attached.
>>
>>32429336
they're going the way of california. (I.E. california liberals who don't learn from their previous failures in policy will just blame the extreme minority of conservatives who actually vote for their own failures and when the economy gets bad enough they'll move to other states and vote for the same shit there that brought california to ruin and leftist hell.)
>>
File: IMG_2902.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2902.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>32429218
I'm not saying you shouldn't move here but why no try to fix your country and not abandon it. Or are doing this for other reasons. Just curious
>>
>>32432237
>but why no try to fix your country and not abandon it.
You can't fix something that broken, /k/omrade. Especially when everyone around you has decided to make it that way. And think of it this way, why wouldn't you abandon a place that has willfully, purposefully, turned itself into a paradigm of everything you detest and actively rejects all the values you stand for and want to live by? You can't just fix the UK, it's working just fine; just in the wrong way for anyone who doesn't want to be a slave. There's no reason to be loyal to it or to try and spend your precious life improving it when you just flat out don't belong there.

I mean just the population issue glues the coffin shut, nails it down, puts ratchet straps around it and buries it in concrete; 55 million + people in England and growing. All that in an what's really a small area of land.
>>
>>32432237
>Fixing the UK
HA HA HA HA HA HA

Why don't we fix ISIS instead?
>>
>>32429722
>because getting one is different in each state
It's not like a guy on a non-immigrant visa is gonna move around guns from one state to another on a regular basis. Let's be real.

The typical case I've seen is an F-1 student who wants to be hazguns.
>>
>>32432499
>you can't fix something that's broken
So if I break my arm I can't fix it
>>
>>32432577
Actually that was a typo. Remove the apostrophe and the s.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.