[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Putin actually knows how to use a gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: FB_IMG_1482620255086.jpg (129KB, 1075x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482620255086.jpg
129KB, 1075x2048px
Im no kommando but this pic struck my attention because I have heard that youre not supposed to shoot with 1 eye closed. That apparently training overrides this. So this mean putin wasnt trained?
>>
Putin was KGB

He knows how to use a gun
>>
>>32428829
He was in East Berlin watching students, then in politics. The only thing he knows how to work is his wallet.
>>
If you can shoot both eyes open with a rifle, sure, do it. If not, closing one eye is acceptable. Not everyone can shoot with both eyes open with a rifle due to eye dominance issues that are sometimes difficult to retrain.

Pistols it is recommended one uses both eyes.
>>
>>32428806
Russians do a lot of shit differently. It's also hard to imagine someone who would correct Putin without fear of disappearing.
>>
Unless youre using a paralax free optic then you shoot with one eye closed for iron sights, scopes, etc.

How the fuck do you not know this?
>>
>>32428806
4 years in the British army and I've literally never been told by anyone about how many eyes to use

As far as I know almost everyone uses one. Sometimes with pistols I use both.
>>
I have trouble maintaining a good sight picture with both eyes open on an AK. It's not a problem for stuff like ARs, where there's a peep sight close to my eye, but it sucks on AKs.

I'm left eye dominant but right handed, so that's probably part of the issue. I shoot a lot of handguns left-handed but I struggle to do it with rifles, and AKs are a particular kind of suck for left-handed shooting.
>>
>>32428883
Sounds like you were in a while ago. M68 and red dot optics you use both eyes open. Everything else acog, iron sights etc is one eye.
>>
You always use one eye for irons, unless you are using a pistol, in which case it doesn't matter.
>>
>>32428909
Nope, still in. Got red dots on all our weapons on top of the LDS scopes but the fuckers never, ever have batteries. We even did a range package and I just looked through a sight without a dot, but it was CQB simunitions so didn't really make a difference. Fuckers got hit all over anyway.
>>
>>32428872
Parallax only matters if you have no eyes aligned with the sights.
>>
>>32428909

Blatantly false. God what's worse than army training is the morons that come out and think they know how to use shit because some bigger idiot told them how to. Try opening both your eyes with iron sights sometime, you dipshit, or even both eyes open with a rifle scope. it works fucking fine. Yes i am mad.
>>
>>32428906
Can't you just shoot with your left eye on handguns? Just turn your head a little.
>>
File: putin-shootin-2.png (821KB, 1075x759px) Image search: [Google]
putin-shootin-2.png
821KB, 1075x759px
>>32428806
It is possible that Russian doctrine teaches 1-eye technique...
>>
>>32428925
You are fucking retarded. One eye for iron sights two for paralax free optics. How fucking absolutely stupid and inept are you?

Two eyes open for iron sights is the stupidest most autistic never fired a weapon bullshit I've ever heard.

T. CPEC instructor.
>>
>>32428806
Only time you use both eyes are with optics. Irons are one eye.
>>
>>32428991
>CPEC

fellow british army anon here, what is CPEC? Never heard of it. Then again I am a class 1 crow (i.e. 1 pip)
>>
>>32428806
It can help focus on your sight picture at the expense of stereoscopic vision. It's not really wrong per se with iron sights, but you will get more efficient use of red dots with both eyes open
>>
>>32428969

It does.

It also teaches a different kind of trigger discipline, which has been changing recentally.

T. Russian.
>>
>>32428806

It's fine

You ideally want the other eye half open so that it's quicker to gain peripheral vision, but it's not needed
>>
File: dog scholar.jpg (38KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
dog scholar.jpg
38KB, 500x468px
>>32429056
Ideally you need to flutter the eyelid of the other eye rapidly (open and close it in quick succession, really quick winking basically). This allows you to maintain peripheral vision while at the same time protecting your night vision and shielding your eye from muzzle flash.
>>
>>32429030
Close precision engagement course. I'm not British.

CPET are operational teams. I'm an instructor now after six years operational.

http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/est/cpet.php

It's not special operations. Just a sniper course.
>>
>>32429077

Your eye automatically flutters when it's half closed, anon
>>
Ive heard a fuckload of pistol instructors saying that you NEED to shoot with both eyes open on pistols especially if youre carrying for self defense.

Because when shit goes down, the adrenaline rush will force both of your eyes open and if you didnt trained to shoot like that then youre pretty much fucked
>>
>>32429105
short distance all you need to focus on is the front site post. Clearing small buildings like a house etc. Anything over 15ft away you're gonna want to have one eye closed to ensure you hit what you're aiming at.

Pick up a pistol and aim at something about 15ft away. It'll be easier to focus the iron sights on whatever you're looking at vs two eyes open.

You're going to react with whatever you have practiced and trained to do. I got hit by an ied and everything we did after was or adrenaline and muscle memory. After I couldn't remember doing certain tasks but had done everything I was supposed to.
>>
>>32429180
What I meant by the first paragraph is you dont need to align your rear sight like normally. Just hold the pistol in front of you and use the front site post as a guide to what you want to hit. I'm having trouble explaining what I mean by this without being able to show you.
>>
File: putinreagan.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
putinreagan.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
Putin was a KGB field operative for most of his life. I think he knows his way around a gun.
>>
>>32429219
That picture is so fucking cool. It always makes me wonder what kind of elaborate assassination machine is inside that "camera"
>>
>>32429219
Is this legit?
>>
>>32429261
The picture is legit, some people alleged that isn't putin, but if it isnt, it's his fucking twin.
>>
>>32429335
You need to be a /pol/-tier retard to think that grainy-ass man is Putin.
Their ears don't even seem to match.
>>
>>32429237
single shot .22 and the camera still take pictures
>>
>>32429404
Regardless if that is or isn't Putin, and I think it is, it doesn't change the fact that he was a KGB operator doing spooky shit.
>>
>>32428926
I can, but for some reason I'm ambidextrous with handguns and nothing else in life, so I often just shoot left-handed because it's comfy compared to tilting around. I also shoot with the old school one-handed arm extended stance for fun sometimes.

A side effect of both of those things, by the way, is that I can actually dual wield semi-effectively, not that I'd ever try doing it outside fucking around at the range.
>>
>>32429053
You military or have friends in it, Ivan?
>>
>>32429335

Putin is like 170cm. Man in picture is shorter but not 15cm shorter.
>>
>>32428969
it does. anything that you have to aim for, you close one eye.
the exceptions are red dot type sights (still very uncommon in Russia) and close quarters shooting, where reflex shooting is emphasized above all else. grunts are even taught to shoot from the hip.
here's some Russian gun kata
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtoW7RQnHzY
>>
>>32428806
There was a picture of Putin floating around a few years ago with him looking down the sights of a handgun. It was pretty evident he's cross-dominant. He's right-handed and left-eyed. I'm cross dominant, so I can tell you from bitter experience if you're going to shoot with your dominant hand you have to close your dominant eye.
>>
>>32429086
Lmao what a dumb name
>>
>>32428806
I have to shoot rifles with my left eye closed because I'm right-handed, and my left eye is my dominant eye.
>>
shooting with one eye closed has been taught for far longer than shooting with both eyes open

autists here freak out about anything that isnt in vogue, but the reality is when putin was taught how to handle firearms, was probably back in the 70s. He even shoots pistols with one hand in the classical target stance

splitting hairs over this is akin to saying vietnam navy seals werent trained because they liked to reflexively shoot from the hip, literally.

methods change over time, and fwiw, many people, good shooters, continue to shoot with one eye closed because of eye dominance issues. Most of the people who freak about it when they see it dont actually shoot and basically LARP after watching magpul videos on fucking youtube
>>
>>32432513
Pudgy AK instructor who keeps sweeping the camera...
I think he enjoys his job.
>>
>>32429699
>>regardless if that sounds like i'm some crazy tinfoil hat wearing nutjob, believe the other shit I have to say.
>>
File: 1467654286811.jpg (247KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1467654286811.jpg
247KB, 1300x866px
>>32428806
>Im no kommando but this pic struck my attention because I have heard that youre not supposed to shoot with 1 eye closed. That apparently training overrides this. So this mean putin wasnt trained?

Old doctrine has always been to shoot with one eye closed, it's more natural to do and puts less strain on your eyes.
However, in recent decades, many militaries have started suggesting (not forcing! no one will fail a rifle course if they shoot with only one eye open with irons!) to have both eyes open because it increases your field of view. However doing so (without a red dot) causes more strain on your eyes and many people get a more fuzzy sight picture.
This is in part why it's more important to shoot rifles on the side of your dominant eye, rather than your dominant hand. If your eye is dominant, the sight picture will be clearer.
With red dots this is usually a non-issue and pretty much everyone can shoot it with both eyes open, although for precision work, you'll still see people shoot with only one eye open, even with red dots.

>>32432606
>He's right-handed and left-eyed. I'm cross dominant, so I can tell you from bitter experience if you're going to shoot with your dominant hand you have to close your dominant eye.

In most cases, I'd say you're better off shooting the side of your dominant hand for pistols and revolvers, and shooting the side of your dominant eye for rifles.

I'm strongly left eye dominant, but right handed. I shoot pistols right (since your stance can be adjusted for it to be a non-issue and you gain stability and control from using your dominant hand), but rifles left (making it far easier to aim quickly and it has the added benefit of giving me a more stable platform for a longer time, since the support hand/arm is also my dominant hand/arm and is thus slightly stronger or more agile).
>>
>>32432946
the shit-eating grin when he ejects a live round... yeah
>>
>>32428969
He has pudgy hands
>>
Putin is Strelok.
>>
>>32433211
I do the exact opposite, right hand, left eye dominant. I shoot handguns right handed, but long guns left. It seems to work for me, shot expert with both.
>>
File: 1335010664257.jpg (110KB, 720x951px) Image search: [Google]
1335010664257.jpg
110KB, 720x951px
>>32428857
>It's also hard to imagine someone who would correct Putin without fear of disappearing.
>>
>>32428829
putin is a gangster, shot caller, politician. I'm not worried if putin can use a gun i'm worried if his men can.
>>
>>32434794

I'm left handed and right eye dominant. I started shooting a fuckton better once I let my eye take over and started shooting right handed.
>>
>>32428806

Shooting with one eye open is perfectly acceptable. Both-eyes-open is a relatively recent awakening. Before that, people still shot just fine. >>32428806
>>
>>32434794
>I do the exact opposite, right hand, left eye dominant. I shoot handguns right handed, but long guns left.

Euhm, that's exactly what I said? Rifle follows eye dominance, pistol follows hand dominance?
>>
File: IMG_1730.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1730.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>32434806
Balla, shot calla 20 inch blades on Mah impala holla
>>
>>32428806
I find it difficult to group well when shooting with both eyes open on iron sights. Red dots are easy with both eyes open. For optics I close one eye because I'm trying to cleanly kill a game animal, not maintain combat effectiveness.
>>
Wasn't he fucking First Directorate or some shit? I'm willing to bet he knows his way around a firearm.

Like >>32432606 said, he's probably just cross-dominant. I know it's a pain in the ass for me to use long guns with both eyes open...
>>
>>32434990

Shooting a rifle with your non-dominant hand is far easier than with a pistol. I can shoot rifles in either hand without it affecting much except for reloading speed but I can't shoot a pistol for shit in my left hand.
>>
File: 1481408889800.jpg (135KB, 1000x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1481408889800.jpg
135KB, 1000x1395px
>>32429699
He was KGB, but he was stationed in East Germany at the time the Photo was taken. It's very unlikely that it was him.
>>
Putin was an East Germany embassy desk driver, a completely average nobody during the Soviet Union, he was NEVER a KGB operator, just a run of the mill law school graduate, probably shot handguns a couple times at KGB school back in the 1970's.

He's a bureaucrat not a soldier, he never was one, his Lt. Colonel rank doesn't mean shit.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.