[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Aus military actually any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

Is the Aus military actually any good?
>>
>>32426286
Accomplishing any mission we're sent on with minimal ammunition expenditure.

Because whatever ammo we spend is all we can afford.
>>
File: 13367717189816757589.jpg (17KB, 436x360px) Image search: [Google]
13367717189816757589.jpg
17KB, 436x360px
>>32426286
>No forward assist
>>
File: 1281988100029.jpg (18KB, 384x274px) Image search: [Google]
1281988100029.jpg
18KB, 384x274px
>>32426286
>foregrip
>still grips by magazine
>>
Here are my thoughts as a junior officer from a Defence family;

We're pretty decent. We have a high level of funding that I personally think is due to our geographical location, which sort of forces the political sector to take Defence spending seriously and give us a good budget.

We are lucky enough to have cultivated a very professional and competent attitude operationally when push comes to shove, but domestically on the low-down when nobody is watching we can suffer from internal sluggishness. I've noticed a lot of it wildly varies from person to person, I've seen some really great people who put 100% into their job, and then people who take two weeks to process a single form.

Regionally we are heavy hitters. It's easy to look at Australia as small and losing traction in the region, but I think it's not the case at all. Sure, Thailand has an aircraft carrier you might say, but it can't actually field it properly. Generally we are pretty good at fostering strong relations and asking for nothing back, I've heard stories of DA's in other countries having been told that Australia and New Zealand are really the only two countries that actually care about carrying strong relations with the countries around them and don't try to sell them shit or secure exclusivity in any degree.

If you look at our capability and potential capability, I don't think we're half bad. I think that during a large scale conflict, Australia as a nation due to having such a developed economy is able to martial an absolutely incredible amount of resources for military use. That's part of why I don't worry about other countries around us like Indonesia and China having massive populations, they just don't carry real capability, and the trap to fall into is thinking that the massive populations/budgets/amount of ships and troops make them a threat, when really you need to look at legitimate capability.
>>
>>32426286
>using woodland camo in a desert environment
>having a dmr
>having a foregrip
>still grabbing gun by mag like a 12 year old playing airsoft
>>
File: 1461002570882.png (105KB, 316x286px) Image search: [Google]
1461002570882.png
105KB, 316x286px
>>32426337
He's in a kneeling position, so if he reached forward to grap the donkeydong he wouldn't be able to rest his elbow on his knee for more support. In that position, the support from the elbow-knee contact is more effective for stability than the extra control he would get from the foregrip.
>>
>>32426286
>tfw no right wing aussie vets and active mil getting sick of their police state and staging a pro-freedom coup with American gun runners and western volunteers.

Sometimes I wish Australia was more rebellious in line with their macho personas. Its a shame to see what used to be a great country draining its strengths with political correctness and urbanite arrogance.
>>
>>32426418
Nigga you can see his arms are having trouble going around the mag since it's so close to him Jesus Christ
Besides he has a fucking bipod why not use it, or why not fire from a standing position. What kind of autist tactic Is this
>>
>>32426394
same guy-

On a side note, of the lesser developed nations in SEA, I only really see Malaysia as having real potential. They still have a long fucking way to go, but they have some things going for them;

>Western leaning in terms of who they want as friends

>The least hampered with societal problems like poverty and illiteracy (obviously still has these issues, but nowhere near as bad as ANY of their neighbors except Singapore)

>Seems to be at least a little half competent, generally because they were smart enough to organize cooperative training with countries like the U.S, U.K and Australia, so a chunk of their personnel are western trained

>Actually able to function militarily despite their politicians filtering out literally billions from every single part of the nations budget
Imagine if they suddenly stopped taking billions from the system, it'd be like removing a handicap and suddenly going beast mode.
>>
>>32426401
>using woodland camo in a desert environment

nigger what? Aus camo isn't woodland, it's some weird color patter of brown, orange and yellow that matches the Outback.
>>
File: 1459096360288.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459096360288.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>32426444
Prone might not be the best stance fo what he's shooting at. And crouched is a much more stable position than standing.

>crouching
>autistic
lol
>>
>>32426401
>woodland camo
the fuck? don't talk if you don't know what you are on about
>>
Yeah they are breddy gud, you can tell they are pretty well trained from my experience and seem to be pretty fucking good pals with America
>>
>23 million people
>good

pick one fucking idiots
india could fucking destroy australia
>>
File: 0.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>32426418
>using seizurelips in a post
>expect to be taken seriously
>>
File: summer2.jpg (40KB, 312x338px) Image search: [Google]
summer2.jpg
40KB, 312x338px
>>32426599
>India
>destroy Australia
>>
>>32426599
Fuck off Pajeet
>>
>>32426401

>Camouflage perfect for the mixed enviroment of Helmand province
>DMR used by all nations
>kneeling position mag grip keeps the firers center of gravity central and not too far forward. Foregrip is actually used with the bipod that springs out the handle.

Stop typing you fucking child.
>>
>>32426286
I worked with them a little in Iraq and they seemed to be competent although they also had to do hands across route Irish because one of their privates lost a set of NODs so they definitely have comparable dumbass privates.
>>
>>32426324
SR25 you muppet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.