[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWII 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Auto-Ordnance-1911-2.jpg (158KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Auto-Ordnance-1911-2.jpg
158KB, 900x675px
I've been looking for a 1911 that closely resembles one from WWII. So far, I've come to the conclusion that Kahr-Auto-Ordnance makes one that looks almost completely accurate. After about a day of researching it, it seems like Auto-Ordnance used to be absolutely awful up until Kahr bought them out back in the late 90's, and they were just OK until about 10 years ago. Seems like since then, they've got their shit together. However, their history doesn't give me any peace of mind. If I buy a Kahr-Auto-Ordnance, and it turns out like ass, and I replace all the internals, does that mean it'll fire well? Also wondering if it's worth the money at all. Input would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Info:
MSRP is $688
I live in Commiefornia, so other models like the Springfield Mil-Spec, pretty much every Colt, are not available
>>
>>32426259
Rock Island Armory makes a basic GU model for around 400.00

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_2108/products_id/411539079/Rock+Island+Armory+51421+1911+Standard+GI+8+1+45ACP+5%22
>>
>>32426259
I've got an Auto Ordinance and mine shoots fine. The finish isn't great and it's definitely no museum piece, but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.
>>
>>32426259
Why not wait until the korean limbo ones come over after trump. As far as I know the 1911s from that era are more or less the same.
>>
>>32426259
Auto Ordnance is great. Closest you'll get in a completely US made 1911.
>>
>>32426387
Wasn't even aware of this, what are the chances that they get imported only to get stopped by Commiefornia?
>>
>>32426259
http://www.hyattgunstore.com/springfield-armory-1911-a1-mil-spec-.45-acp-pistol-5-barrel-parkerized-with-wood-grips.html

Springfield GI Model and it isn't a total piece of shit.
>>
>>32427199
>I live in Commiefornia, so other models like the Springfield Mil-Spec, pretty much every Colt, are not available
>>
>>32426305
>black parkerizing
>driftwood grips
>flat MSH
OP said he wants a WWII replica, which the RIA is not. The RIA rollmarks are also godawful, while the Auto-Ordnance rollmark , but is at least correct styling.
>>
>>32426259
OP you can get a taylors firearms 1911. Its made by RIA but has 100% better rollmarks(they are in the far rear behind the checkering like where the colt pony logo is in you pic. It also has arched or straight mainspringhousing and you can get it in parkerized or nickel. Almost every ww2 1911a1 is parkerized so idk what >>32427711
is talking about.

I live in cali and we got one of these for my friend at the local gun shop here in simi valley for about 500$. He got his because I picked up a brand new colt ww1 reproduction 1911 right before the single shot exemption shit disappeared.

I will warn you that the fitting is rough, as in they made all the parts, shoved them together to test fire, and never disassembled to see if the fitted parts will come apart easily or not.

I also recommend going to your local gun shops to see if they are selling any actual ww2 1911s. I know Gretas gun shop in simi valley has one of the best vintage firearms collections for decent prices. They had an enfield smle in 85%condition going for 800$ and another that was in 95% condition for 1200$. They do tend to sell at the going value for their vintage firearms, but at least they dont sell above what its worth.
>>
>>32427931
I was told that acquiring and firing (as in actually putting in thousands of rounds) through a real WWII-era 1911 is just a waste, because it's more of a historical piece. I don't really know how to feel about a statement like that, but for the most part, I see actual WWII-era 1911s fetching a price that's around $1500-$2000 (in my area). I will go and check around some more though, something good may turn up.
>>
>>32427931
>so idk what >>32427711 (You)
>is talking about.
Then re-read my post until you get it.
>>
File: Norinco 1911A1.jpg (2MB, 2448x1377px) Image search: [Google]
Norinco 1911A1.jpg
2MB, 2448x1377px
If you can find a Norinco 1911 they are an exact 1 to 1 copy of Korean captured 1911's
>>
>>32428127
I was referring to the black parkerizing. Idk how you figure parkerized isnt ww2?

They switched from bluing to parkerizing with the 1911a1 which was produced during the ww2 timeframe. If you think they were blued, that is ww1 and the model 1911, which coincidently also has a flat msh.
>>
>>32428081
you can shoot modern ammo through ww2+ era 1911. I wont say they are a dime a dozen, but you can get a decent quality one about 90% condition, for 8-900$.

I have 3 original colt 1911, a 1911 blued 1914mfg 900$, a 1911 with the black oxide bluing 1918mfg 1100$, and a 1911a1 1943mfg 1300$. My 1911a1 was expensive because it was practically unfired when i got it.

Ive shot all of them and dont ever plan to sell them, so im not worried about resale value. 2 years ago I bought my colt 1911 ww1 repro which ive upgraded on my own and is the only 1911 i shoot now of my collection.

You said they are 1500~ in your area, i would drive around and look for a better deal, or look on calguns. Ive driven around mostly bay area and socal for my guns. I mostly buy "used" or new from police friends who buy guns I like and end up wanting to sell them the day after they get them.
>>
>>32428638
How's the slide to frame fit? It seems to be that WWII 1911s have really loose tolerances. While it may be good for reliability in combat, I'm not sure if I want a 1911 that won't shoot accurately.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.