[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/ can anyone explain why the 6.5 grendal is a bad round?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1480480868812.jpg (61KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
1480480868812.jpg
61KB, 540x701px
So /k/ can anyone explain why the 6.5 grendal is a bad round?
>>
>>32426094
It's not a bad round.

Its a fantastic cartridge, and the best round that fits in a standard AR lower receiver.

A lot of guys want it to be a replacement for .308 (and its derivatives), and its not.
>>
>>32426094
You shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>32426168
I'm not your mother?
>>
>>32426201
The question mark implying uncertainty troubles me.
>>
>>32426094
Don't listen to this >>32426145 mongoloid
>muh ballistic coefficient
>muh XM855 is a meme
>"i-it'll be popular once i-it's adopted m-mainstream!"
meme round for meme fudds
>>
>>32426326
You can have multiple AR's in multiple calibers anon!
>>
>>32426290
I didn't wanna have to do this but son, you can't have any dinner, and I want your phone you're grounded mister.
>>
>>32426094
It is based on a deer cartridge used in limited numbers by Russia and Finland and some meme guns for the "future" in the late '90s and early 2000s and of course it was in call of duty so stupid kids started spewing bullshit about it.
It is an overrated meme.
>>
It's fun. Better than 6.8 SPC II. Not as versatile as 5.56, 7.62x39, or .308.
>>
>>32426094
It's a great round. People who don't like it can't read good or don't know how to into math.
>>
>>32429347
No it isn't. It may not carry the versatility of 5.56, or x39, but if you want a cartridge that can reach out further than a 5.56, without moving up to an AR10 receiver, grendel is an awesome caliber.

Plus with cheap steel case, it isn't even expensive to shoot.
>>
>>32426145
This. Although "best" round is not really a thing, it's more like it's an excellent round for long range shooting within the limitations of the STANAG magazine well.

However, it's shape makes it lower-capacity, as well as having some feeding issues that, while they aren't really problems with their target consumers- benchrest shooters getting into the AR scene- aren't really acceptable to military.

The meme part of it being a meme round is that it's a niche round that the people in that niche trumpet as being the be-all-end-all of all rifle rounds, when it's really a niche round to fulfill the following requirements:
-Fit in the AR-15 platform
-Be a good long-range round in terms of both accuracy and terminal performance at range
-Increase barrel life by having as high a ballistic coefficient as possible

Basically, Alexander Arms is the Kel-Tec of calibers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.