[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any UK anons lurking /k/? what do you own? I have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

Are there any UK anons lurking /k/? what do you own? I have been looking into getting a rifle but dunno if it's worth the hassle
>>
>>32424672

UK anon here. A couple air rifles and that's it. Tried getting my license but gave up because it's just too much hassle. Nearest range is over an hour away and charges ridiculous money just to use it. I just want a .22LR or .17HMR for bagging bunnies over 30 yards like I'm limited with an air rifle.
>>
>>32424715
had a gun club 5mins away from me but it got shut down before I turned 18, life is suffering
>>
>>32424728

Was talking to one of the guys at my local range, he said he applied for his license over a year ago and still hasn't heard back. I was going to apply for mine as I live around a lot of good open land that's rated up to .308, local game keeper said I could hunt on it, then changed his mind right after I paid £350 for range membership and BASC membership to help with my application. So yeah I know your pain. I just want a fucking gun man.
>>
File: UK.jpg (2MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
UK.jpg
2MB, 3000x1688px
>>32424672
This is my current family photo. Ask anything you like.
>>
>>32424923
How do you get an AR-15 in the UK?
>>
>>32424950
We can have Semi auto in 22. The AR10 I have is POF Revolt straight pull (single shot)
>>
>>32424672
Applied for my shotgun cert back in April and got it in September the process was a lot less hassle than I thought it would be.
I have a side by side and just got a greener gp, as well as a couple air rifles
>>
>>32424923
That's a very beautiful family, anon.
>>
>>32424923
Not OP but I have basic knowledge of how the gun laws in the UK are. I know there are independent licenses needed for a shotgun and rifle, do straight pull rifles are included under this? Also what was the police background check like to prove you are not some durka? Does receiving your license depend on where you live as well, as in how lenient the police are?

Also how much and how long did it take to acquire this collection?
>>
>>32425008
Normal people can apply for two types of licences in the England. Section 2 will cover Shotguns and must not hold more than two in the tube and one in the chamber anything over that is a section one shotgun. I believe is a shall issue. Meaning they will issue you it unless you have done something to make you ineligible to obtain it.
Section 1 covers most firearms and you would need a reason for owning I.E belonging to a club. You would go through checks with the police and you would have to give consent for them to contact your doctor. Once you get your licence you would need to let them know what calibers you require and the reason. They would then be on your licence to obtain. It is a time consuming process but achievable by most people who want to enjoy the sport.
>>
File: WP_20161208_21_38_28_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161208_21_38_28_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Only an air rifle and a crossbow.

No need to shoot anything long distance around here, rabbits and birds up to 50 yards in fine. I could get a firearms licence but don't really need one.
>>
File: 1.jpg (520KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
520KB, 1024x750px
>>32425266
Muh bow
>>
>>32424672
Up.
But i keep my weapons at my family homestead/mine in south africa for legal reasons.

>>32424923
.22Aks? or semi in 5.45 because projectile is only .22?

personally got a select fire sterile 74 zenit for south africa.

>>32425008
interviews and sometimes a doctors note, also required to ensure your of sound mind.

The interviews include: "Are you a current member of an organisation that would partake in events considered to be terrorism in nature? Are you sure?"

Unannounced Gun safe inspections too.

>>32425081
Fair few people have S5 permits nowdays. They go to iraq on vacation for a week as evidence for PMC work and get S5 permits. Just don't hear people talking about them.

You should also state the S1 and S2 will allow shotgun users to have no limit on tubes or magazines, and the ability to use slugs. Seen lots of people with Origin 12s/ saiga, with drums and slugs.
>>
>>32425334
7.62x39 &556 both Straight-pull
>>
File: 3.jpg (695KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
695KB, 1500x1000px
My air rifle, great for rabbits and squirrels. Also got a recurve bow.

Desperately want an FAC but no chance of getting one as nowhere to realistically use them.
>>
>>32424923
Great collection.

I'm up in Scotland, but have neither land, time or money to get a FAC just now. One day.
>>
File: gear.png (2MB, 1279x1366px) Image search: [Google]
gear.png
2MB, 1279x1366px
>>32424672
squaddie here, been on /k/ for about 5 years now

It's only worth the hassle if you've got somewhere you can shoot regularly and isn't a pain to get to, especially when transporting your gats

Also storage is a nightmare
>>
>>32426023
>It's only worth the hassle if you've got somewhere you can shoot regularly and isn't a pain to get to, especially when transporting your gats

The sad thing for me is I'm surrounded by land that I'm allowed to shoot on, and is approved up to .308. I was friends with the old gamekeeper who was happy for me to use it to hunt rabbits and shit, but the new guy was happy, then changed his mind, so I can't get my FAC. It's annoying because it's literally on my doorstep, walk 20m and I'm in the forest.
>>
Currently own two rifles in 22lr:

Ruger American Rimfire
Walther target rifle (Supermatch if I'm correct)

Numerous airguns mostly passed down through family are also owned but that isn't FAC stuff.
>>
>>32424923
Could you legally own a 5.45 Semi?
>>
>>32424923
Why does your country suck so badly? Why are you letting the muslims invade without saying anything? Where will you go when the rapening occurs?
>>
>>32426167
>5.45 Semi?
Nope. Self-loading (also known as semi-automatic) or pump-action rifles are only permitted in .22 rimfire calibre.
>>
>>32426131

I'd love to get a .22LR using the exemption loophole for shooting galleries but it's extremely difficult to do (though nothing illegal). I'd make a shooting gallery at home, I could easily make it safe too but I doubt anybody would sell me a gun because nobody knows about the exemption.
>>
>>32426023
moonboots, bergens and backpains... Infantry?

Slime green here...

>>32426185
>>32426210
from what i've heard 5.45 is easier to get a S5 permit for...
>>
>>32426255
>from what i've heard 5.45 is easier to get a S5 permit for...

How so, is it not a punchier round than .22LR?
>>
>>32426278
no because the projectile is .22 diameter.
>>
>>32424923
where did you get that laminate floor?
>>
>>32426179
sick memes bro
>>
>>32426296

Yeah but how is it easier to get a permit for? It's a higher velocity centrefire round.
>>
File: shiina stalker.png (79KB, 116x356px) Image search: [Google]
shiina stalker.png
79KB, 116x356px
>>32426391
>facts
>memes
okay, Abdul
>>
>>32426023
What reg?
>>
>>32426569
69th loyal royal tea sipping, moon boot wearing, backpain, biscuit brown, bergenmasters "light" (superheavywight to point of challenger 2 bergen on back) infantreeeeee.
>>
>>32424923

How'd you get the 1911? Are you in Norn Iron?
>>
>>32426705
not him but
its a long barrel with counterweight so meets the requirements of non concealable.
>>
>>32426705
Nope its a 22lr Long barrel pistol England legal. The silencer is fake and to cover the stupid length barrel.
>>
>>32426705

That moderator will be part of the barrel length, and it has that weird handle stock thing. That'll make it legal. I'd wager it's in .22LR.
>>
File: IMG_2401.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2401.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Been browsing /k/ since about 2010. Had a few guns, one of my old pictures that I took occasionally gets posted by someone else.

This is my current collection. Have got a slot on my license for .223 and want to get a VZ.58 MARS.
>>
>>32426746
Love the AI, I hope to pick up the AI AXAICS stock for my Rem 700 in the new year.
>>
>>32426737
>>32426739
>>32426741

cheers
>>
File: lantac ar15 sp.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
lantac ar15 sp.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>32426746

This was my old AR that I've now sold, kinda miss now.
>>
File: IMG_0582.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32426746

Found the old pic. Some are mine, some are my brothers.
>>
>>32424672
I own a Benelli M2 (2+1) and a Beretta Silver Pigeon I
I don't have Saturdays off work to gain probationary membership at the local rifle range

I also have a bunch of swords for HEMA.
>>
>>32424950
All long arms are legal in the UK on a Firearms Certificate as long as they're manually operated. Martini action, lever action, bolt action, straight pull, doesn't matter. Capacity isn't an issue and neither is calibre as long as you need to manually chamber a round between each trigger pull.
>>
>>32426815
Thats not a real AR faggot.
>>
>Straight pull bullshit
I really don't know why people spend money on this, not only are they not fun to shoot but every time you pull the bolt back you're reminded of how fucked up your rifle and country are.
>>
>>32427069
At least the Brits can actually own AR platforms, straight pull or not. .223 is illegal for a civilian to own in most European countries due to laws against ownership of military caliber ammunition.
>>
So glad I live in Canada

Better than Bongland, better than Cali
>>
>>32427115
>AR platforms
>platform

That aside it's not an AR, it's just a rifle made to look like one. It's fake, pretend, roleplay shit. I actually despair when I see people shooting these with loads of tacticool crap on them, trying desperately to pretend they are actually an AR.
>>
>>32427151
The firearm is typically the lower receiver, which has no difference with a semi or select fire receiver.
>>
>>32427224
You're delusional, the entire function of the rifle is different. And the firearm is the upper, whatever houses the bolt and the barrel is the firearm.
>>
>>32427316
ask da NFA ?
>>
>>32427069

It's the only way we can own higher semi auto rifles like ARs and FALs over here. We're not allowed semi-auto centre fire.
>>
>>32427069
>>32427069
Google MARS Caledonian.
>>
>>32424923
Even tho it's still weird by us Burger standards, your arsenal actually puts the Brit noguns meme to shame. Nice work Bong
>>
>>32424923
Also how do you get ammo? Is it a large market with many options? Can you get foreign stuff? Any weird limits or regulations on purchasing ammo?
>>
>>32427451
SECTION FUCKING 5.
GO TO IRAQ FOR A WEEK.
>>
>>32425334
>Fair few people have S5 permits nowdays. They go to iraq on vacation for a week as evidence for PMC work and get S5 permits. Just don't hear people talking about them.

I've worked in private military/private security for the best part of 40 years and no one is getting issued S5 for such work, abroad or otherwise. You're issued weapons in country.

S5 is "interesting", for want of a better word, but it's not something that you're likely to come into contact with and have no chance of being awarded in any private capacity. The rough breakdown is as follows:

>Research centres, universities, historical socities
>Certain companies
>The 2-3000 CC holders in mainland Britain (an FOI request of this exists somewhere)
>Foreign officials that clear it through the Home Office
>>
>>32427503

Not many people can get a section 5 license though, just a section 1 or 2.
>>
>>32427503
All PMCs and PSCs operating in Iraq (or anywhere else, for that matter) are subject to local laws and the companies rarely hold the arms in the country they're based in as it makes travel to the nation state much more difficult with civilian carriers.

What you're suggesting would require the Home Office to issue FACs for prohibited weapons under UK domestic law, that aren't to be used in the UK by companies under contract with foreign governments. Which doesn't make any sense at all, if you even give it a moment's thought.

You have been listening to too many nightclub doormen and crossbow enthusiasts.
>>
>>32424672
Own a .44 but almost never take it out, I know we don't have a self defence amendment here but my only intentions of its use is if me and/or my family were in a life threatening situation from another human/animal
>>
>>32424672

All I've got is a .177 Walther P99C. So jack-shit basically.

Once I've got my own place, I'm thinking about getting a permit and getting a Lever Action rifle of some sort.
>>
File: 1431078639415.gif (3MB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
1431078639415.gif
3MB, 846x471px
has anyone ever heard of a clay shooting place not allowing semi-autos? I have a great place really near to me but the range rules state that a shotgun must be kept broken open outside of the firing position(how would that work with a semi?) and I've never seen a semi-auto there.

I don't want to buy a semi-auto once I get my section 2 certificate only to not be able to shoot it

also

>without Based Nigel and his pro-freedom, pro-gun, pro-individual classically liberal social views UKIP has degenerated in 99% retarded racist(actually racist not guardian racist), homophobic, permanently unelectable "Ban anything I/jesus hate " statist socially conservative christbothers too authoritarian for the conservatives

WE CAME SO CLOSE

WE ALMOST MADE IT

WE WERE ALMOST FREE
>>
>>32427540
No individual can "get" a section five licence as its given by the Home Office after a period of developed vetting and various other bits of fun and games. There are anywhere between 2000 and 3000 CC holders in Britain that have them for Britain only. There's a great deal of speculation as to who they are, but the majority are connected with Northern Ireland. None have been issued since the late 90s, though they cannot be revoked. All fall under Section 5.

Research centres, historical societies and private companies can and do hold them, but they're not giving them out to individuals. They hold a log book which has all the serials and details in each book, with the weapons not to be taken out of the facility (or in some cases even the room)

The rest are diplomats that work on a reciprocal agreement with, again, the Home Office.
>>
>>32427611
Do you really not know about safety flags, anon?
>>
>>32427611

Lots of the clay clubs are fudd central. They don't like semi autos and don't like modern stuff. It can also be specified in the rules.

There is a semi only competition that happens every year, I think it's run by benelli.
>>
>>32427721

I think shooting in the UK is generally very fuddy, mainly because it's mostly kept alive by richer older chaps that are very set in their ways.

It's sad really because shooting is a pretty deeply rooted sport in our heritage, and loads of people would really enjoy it if it were more readily available. Hopefully one day they'll make it a little bit easier for the law abiding to shoot, as at the moment it's just impossible for 80% of people that actually want to shoot.
>>
>>32429037

Very true. Old fucking fudds pheasant shooting is what 99% of people think when you say shooting. That's why I always try and educate people when they learn that I shoot. Something like practical shotgun is fun and easier to get into.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.