[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plate Carriers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Are they memes? do I need one, or is a non armor vest all I need?
>>
idk are you
>>
100% a meme. Civilians don't need plate carriers.
>>
You might as well hang a sign around your neck that says shoot me first if you go running around in a plate carrier.
>>
Unless you work a job where you might get shot, or you legit believe the happening is coming, it's a waste of money
>>
Well, it seems like the very last thing you should rely on, the steps being something roughly like this:

>1. Stay out of trouble.
>2. If you can't stay out of trouble, be aware and two steps ahead of your environment.
>3. If you can't keep two steps ahead of your environment, look for an exit strategy.
>4. If you can't use an exit strategy, be prepared to defend yourself.
>5. If you can't adequately defend yourself, mitigate the risk of attack.

I think most of /k/ could probably stand to work on steps one through four before really needing to work on step five.
>>
One of those things where you will never need it.
Unless you do.
In which case you'll be glad to have it.
>>
>>32421888
>do I need one
>NEED
>NEED
>NEED
>>
>>32421888
No, you don't fucking need one. Do you want one though?
>>
File: IMG_1992.png (89KB, 526x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1992.png
89KB, 526x805px
>>32421888
>WANT
>NEED
>>
speaking of, how the fuck should I set up my cumberbund

Everything I see says to keep your strong slide clear but I don't want my shit feeling all lopsided and unbalanced

what's the priority, like ifak next to mags and then what
>>
>>32421984
The good part is that if the shoot the plates, he will be fine.
>>
>>32421888
>>32421963
>>32421984
>>32424325
>>32424397

I go shooting on blm land, there are people shooting all over the place there (this spot is set up like a bunch of lanes with jetty-like rock formations in between the lanes), a plate carier is basic safety equipment that i always wear because i want a chance to live if someone is being stupid in my direction without me knowing. So yes need police, i need one.
>>
File: meripat.jpg (166KB, 900x900px)
meripat.jpg
166KB, 900x900px
>>32421963
Sure they do
>>
Are side plates important or just a bad idea/ meme???
>>
>>32421963
Need? Thats the dirtiest word you can use in a gun forum.
>>
File: 1480912325268.jpg (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480912325268.jpg
351KB, 1200x900px
>>32427176
It really all comes down to the protection/mobility tradeoff.

Do you want more protection and weight while losing mobility?

or

Do you want more mobility while losing protection?

Personally I just use an elastic cummerbund without molle or sideplates because I like less weight and more comfort while riding in vehicles.

>pic related
>>
>>32421888
I have two. One is a carrier vest, the other is more like an under armor with soft body armor that wraps around you and in the center accepts plates. It's kind of an oddity. I got it because a government person I know owed me money. :)

As far as it being a meme... That's subjective. It could be. I think this...We buy guns to protect us. That's not a meme. So why is it a meme to provide next level of protection? It's a winnable argument to say if the government is the only ones to have "assault weapons" then the balance of power and freedom is damaged. Why can't we just allow civilians the same freedom? We already have a disadvantage being subjected to NFA rules.
>>
File: IMG_4828.jpg (423KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4828.jpg
423KB, 1200x800px
>>32421888
depends on mission

If your in a temporary habbening and you need to white flight to safe zone then sure
>pic maybe related

If you're in a actual habbening and you're having to walk to where you're going then fuck no ditch that heavy bastard and take extra supplies.

As for actual use? I've had one for 3 years now and only worn it once to a /k/ meet so to me na it wasn't worth the $500 unless a riot breaks out in my neck of the woods
>>
>>32421963

Get fucked feinstein.

If you have a rifle, have armor too. That said, concealable carrier + chest rig > Bullshit full armor carrier like a CIRAS loaded with mags.
>>
>>32421888
giggled like a retard at your name
>>
I'd say they're worth it if you're taking any rifle courses etc, simply from the safety standpoint.
>>
>>32421963
What about SHTF? Lawlessness? Don't you want to be protected from the Gov. or uncivil individuals?
>>
>>32421888
>need
no no but seriously,

>>>need
>>
>>32421888

Depends on where you live. Urban / suburban area with high crime or prone to chimp outs?

If so, what kind of firearms are being used? If you suspect even for a moment that you might encounter someone with using 5.56x45 M193 rounds (or someone with particularly hot .30-06), get level 4 ceramic plates and don't look back.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.