[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapon mounted light for EDC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: EDCLight.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EDCLight.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
I am considering putting a Streamlight TLR-1 or a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my Walther PPQ M2 9mm. This is my edc, does the added weight of a weapon mounted light outweigh the potential use of the light? Would carrying a light in my pocket to be used in with my edc be a better option. How many of you have a light on your edc? Weapons mounted lights in general.
>>
File: 1476909544271.jpg (246KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476909544271.jpg
246KB, 800x600px
>>32413645
You should be carrying an edc light regardless of if you carry a light on your gun or not.

If you're concerned about the bulk of carrying a light, look into the XC1. JM Custom Kydex makes XC1 holsters for pretty much any handgun and they're top notch quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlGz6NMpSvk
>>
Ugh, really?
>>
>>32413696
Yes, really. I think its a good idea.
>>
>>32413685
What sights did you put on your PPQ?
>>
>>32413730
Shitty stock sights, I am ordering some Trijicon HD sights tomorrow along with either the Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-1 HL. I am not sure if the extra lumens is realy worth it tho. Shit 800 lumens is more than the light on my Ar-15.
>>
>>32413685
i carry an xc-1 with my glock 19. i was running an x300 ultra with an armordillo x-fer for a while, then that got bulky and i ditched that and only had my handheld on me, along with a 19 in a blade-tech nano. now that i have the xc1, i can carry with a weaponlight without feeling the bern in my pants again.
>>
>>32413730
Not mine, I don't own any Walthers but those look like Dawson Precisions. Dawson makes good ass sights
>>
>>32413645
To me a weapon light is pointless. I don't go places that would require one in my every day life. Secondly, if i need something illuminated because its so dark I cant identify it, waving a gun around is a great way to get shot. The chances of it coming in handy for me are way to slim to justify the additional bulk and weight. With that being said, using an unmounted weapon light as an edc flashlight may be a good compromise.
>>
>>32413753
Have a tlr hl definately brighter than my surefire handheld fury at 500lum. Also the hl comes with a strobe if your into that.
>>
>>32413645
OP here, what if i buy the light and take if off and put it on often? At work I gotta carry appendix because that is the most effective way to conceal a larger gun for me. However after work I prefer to carry about 5 on the body, since I am not as worried about printing while im not on the clock. I would have no problem carrying my PPQ with the Streamlight at 5, but Appendix seams like it would be cutting it close. Any conceal carry a pistol Appendix with a light on it?
>>
File: SAM_1201s.jpg (789KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1201s.jpg
789KB, 1200x900px
>>32414389

>>32413796 here, i do so on a regular basis. i did so with an x300 ultra for a while, then switched to an xc1 down the line. the latter works a lot better because of the smaller profile. it doesnt press against my pelvic bone nearly as much as the longer x300 did when i was packing that.
>>
>>32414389
At that point, just learn a flashlight and pistol shooting technique or something. You got two hands, motherfucker.
>>
>>32414389
Perhaps you can fucking read this quite informative post/suggestion

>>32413685

You dumb motherfucker
>>
Having a weapon-mounted light on your EDC is like deciding to carry an all-steel 1911. Eventually, you are like "fuck this."

In essence, it is a meme for mall ninja faggots. Inb4 "but I do, anon." YOU are the mall ninja faggot I speak of.
>>
I use an xc1 for my p320 but I don't carry. I typically leave it in my car or it's next to me in my drawer.

Peace of mind since i'm out at night a lot.
>>
>>32414444
What if I am doing other shit with one of my hands? Like finger fucking your bitch? Fuck you faggot kys.
>>
>>32414510
I am not Mall ninja tier yet, but that is my sole aspiration....would go well with my ass-burgers.
>>
>>32414404
That is a neat holster, was that custom made or did you find that on the internets?
>>
>>32414558
it's the armordillo x-fer. i've since given it to a friend who wants to try edc'ing a glock with an x300 on it.
>>
>>32414568
looks like the handle of the pistol would be close to the belt, which is how I like it.
>>
File: vg3.jpg (399KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
vg3.jpg
399KB, 1200x800px
>>32414576
you can adjust the height a little if you wanted it a bit further up, too. a problem i had before realizing i could adjust the height was that it sat so low on the belt that i couldn't grip the gun so well when i had to draw it, so i ended up putting it a notch up from where it was initially.

raven concealment also makes a similar holster called the vanguard 3, which has the option of a hard plastic loop, and is ambidextrous. it's also tuckable, and has a tensioning screw in the front.
>>
File: 1457203559208.jpg (28KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
1457203559208.jpg
28KB, 600x379px
>>32414592
>tfw no roland special to cc
>>
>>32413645
You can get some surprisingly small weapons lights now. Just shop around.
>>
Just get a rail for your belt and use the weaponlight as your edc.
>>
>>32414991
fucking kek'd bro.
>>
>>32414352
You are not a smart man.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.