/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F/A for self defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: uzi.jpg (175KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
uzi.jpg
175KB, 640x360px
If you could use fully automatic weapons would people use them for home defense or concealed carry/car guns in the case of machine pistols?

I know that there are jurisdictions where you can legally use them and everything but i'm just trying to generalize. AFAIK and correct me if i'm wrong, the military uses them mostly for suppressive fire or for PDW's. Suppressive fire doesn't seem to have much civilian application but PDW's seem like they could I guess.
>>
>>32412790
If the NFA and GCA and all that shit didn't exist, sure I'd use select fire weapons for self defense. Probably not on full auto, but still.
>>
>>32412790
>Suppressive fire doesn't seem to have much civilian application but PDW's seem like they could I guess.

Nope. Spraying bullets is bad. Why? Becasue you're responsible for every bullet you spray.
>>
If I could use fully automatic weapons for self defense, I wouldn't.
>>
>>32412790
Home defense yes, car gun yes, carry no
>>
>>32412870
>car gun
Kys
>>
>>32412879
Its in the op shithead
>>
>>32412790
Sure I would use one if I could.

People have a general misunderstanding of what full auto is for. It's for shooting groups of bullets in one trigger pull and not just spraying rounds like >>32412826
>>32412807
>>32412857

Seem to think. Yea if you are going to miss with one you will probably also miss with three but on the other side of that, it'd you are going to hit with that one you may hit with the three and three gunshot wounds are going to stop someone more better than one.
>>
>>32412790
As a solution and prevention to violence and/or potential violence? Either would do fine, and each use goes hand-in-hand if you had a concealed carry license.

But by concealment I think you mean by car. Concealing any automatic weapon of that size and caliber on your person with ammunition seems a little 'extreme', or useless unless you're swatting a building or controlling your gang's streets, or the apocalypse has ensued, in which case there wouldn't be laws for shit right?
>>
>>32412870
>car gun
Like this?
>>
>>32412790
Yes, living alone with no neighbors I would probably keep a machine pistol.
>>
>>32412790
I would use full auto in a rifle or sub machine gun, but not in a pistol. Machine pistols are too hard to control.

But man I would love to defend my home with a P90 or MP5k.
>>
>>32413488
>Machine pistols are too hard to control.
Maybe if your wrists weren't made of limp noodles you could control it.
>I would love to defend my home with a P90 or MP5k
Back to CoD with you.
>>
>>32412879
Whats wrong with a car gun?
>>
Something like a Ruger 10/22 in FA, as long as you know where the shots are going, would be okay for home defense. Probably should have a can on it.
A quick 5 shot burst would change about anyones mind about why they're there.
A Micro Uzi, like the one pictured at top, would be a nice little folding stock carbine that you could keep in a vehicle with minimum space. I'd keep it on semi though.
>>
>>32413488
P90s are gay as fuck
>>
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTCb3kG2BQ
>>
>>32412790
>If you could use fully automatic weapons would people use them for home defense or concealed carry/car guns in the case of machine pistols?

Yes to HD, but probably kept on semi. No on MPs for CC.

Full auto serves a fairly niche job. Most situations involving personal defense wouldn't ever see FA getting the job done better than SA.

>>32412826
Also this.

>>32412879
>This faggot doesn't have a car gun
>>
>>32413584
Wtf i love banning automatics now

Take em away from the feds too!
>>
For HD I think it could be useful. I'd only us FA on something controllable. Something soft shooting like P90/MP5-dude mentioned. I want to keep all rounds on target, not lets strays hit my neighbor.
>>
>>32413665
Seriously

What's wrong with a lockboxglock or some trunkfun?
>>
> guy tries to mug me with a knife
> open my trench coat and swiftly grab my mac 10 and mag dump into his chest
>>
>>32412790
Don't see why not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq0ztaCwb-A
>>
>>32413719
Do they have one of these for an uzi? Like a full size one
>>
File: hedoesnthaveone.jpg (281KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
hedoesnthaveone.jpg
281KB, 1280x960px
>>32412879
>he doesn't have a car gun
>>
>>32413561
>>32413684
Why would you willingly leave a gun in a vehicle? They're easily broken into and it happens too often.

Only exception IMO would be cuck states that don't allow CC/OC.
>>
>>32414250
In case you're not aware, nobody breaks into a car to thoroughly search it. It's usually crime of opportunity because they saw something shiny.

If your car weapon is visible from outside the vehicle, you're doing it wrong.

If you think you can draw a CC'd gun in a car, you've never CC'd in a car as the driver.
>>
File: drive-by-shooting.jpg (182KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
drive-by-shooting.jpg
182KB, 1920x1200px
>>32413444
Yes like this
https://youtu.be/aeUkCs7EmrI
>>
>>32414276
Fair point but I unholster and stick it between the seats when I'm in the car since I've quit carrying in a shoulder holster, which was less of an issue.

If it's secured in a lockbox, fine, assuming they don't have time to rummage around or don't take the whole car.

It's just over the line for me as "too easy to steal" but not everybody has the same level of paranoia about firearms storage or risk depending on where they live.
>>
File: 1402634354172.gif (979KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1402634354172.gif
979KB, 450x253px
>>32412879
>tfw you have no car gun
>>
>>32412790
Yes, I live in the country with neighbours far away, my ideal home defence gun is a Browning M2 on a standing naval mount in my bedroom facing the door.
>>
who wouldnt? a glock 18 would be the perfect home defense/ccw, or any auto 9mm carbine
>>
>>32412826
the instigator of the shootout is legally responsible
>>
File: AA12.gif (634KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
AA12.gif
634KB, 360x270px
i know i sure would
>>
If there was no NFA, open-bolt SMGs would be probably about as common as shotguns for budget HD.

Fire rates would be best if they were fairly low, but something like a Sten would be great for a relatively inexperienced person.
>>
>>32414022
yes

http://www.machinegundealer.com/uzirigs.html
>>
>>32414327
I think one anon specifically said LOCKboxglock and trunkfun meaning neither would be visible or easily accessible.

Car gun doesnt mean you leave an AR visible in your back seat or a handgun in your cupholder, it means you secure it somewhere/hide it. Amd yeah cucked states unloading it and locking it are all youre allowed to do.
>>
>>32413719
Yo that shirt is straight fire, son.
>>
>not using the muzzle rise on your machine pistol to increase the speed of your self defense draw
Just pull the trigger at thier feet and let go above thier head
>>
>>32412909
Don't quote me in your bullshit
>>
>>32414250
Never mind breaking into, cars are stolen practically constantly. Now you lost a car, a gun, and helped arm a thief.
>>
>>32412790
A supressed shoulder stocked machine pistols would be my choice for home defense but there's none I would carry for size reasons and being responsible for every round I shoot (which is true in HD but that's an environment that is more static and framiler).
>>
If the NFA didn't exist at all I doubt my carry gun would change honestly.

Though I would be very tempted to do a select fire .300blk sbr with a supressor.

Really though full auto doesn't help much in self defense. Better to fire 2 well placed shot than 15 poorly placed ones. Especially if you are in a place like an apartment with common walls where over penetration actually can be an issue.
>>
>>32412790
AM-180.

I'd write my name in their chest with 22LR.
>>
>>32412790
Glock 18
Cut things in half.
>>
>>32414628
No. You are responsible for your shots fired, full stop. You shoot a gunman, overpenetrate, and hit an old lady? That's manslaughter, book 'em Lou.
>>
>>32418360
You're more likely to miss than overpenetrate, though. Even with semi.
>>
File: edc setup.jpg (21KB, 344x331px) Image search: [Google]
edc setup.jpg
21KB, 344x331px
>>32412790
it depends where I live but I would totally open carry an uzi in a leather cia shoulder holster

I probably wouldn't use it in full auto to shoot baddies
>>
>>32418360
No u
>>
File: 1460393376625.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460393376625.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
Since no one else brought him up yet, I'll be the first to mention Garry Fadden

>https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=42310
tl:dr
>1984
>Heckler and Koch employee Garry Fadden uses a AC556 to kill 1 of three attackers who chased him to HK's plant
>Gets charged with murder on the spot, eventually after a lengthy and costly trial is found not guilty
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.