[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk clips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: clip.jpg (33KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
clip.jpg
33KB, 550x550px
Is there any reason why pic related wouldn't work on a slightly larger scale? Is 8-10 rounds the highest possible capacity for an en bloc clip? This technology seems like a good way to get around cuckfornia's retarded new laws.
>>
Spring tension on both the rounds ans the follower arm being able to push them all up

At some point it becomes large enough to twist on its own weight ans drop rounds or be generally unusable
>>
>>32406896
That makes a lot of sense. Would using smaller rounds allow for an increase in capacity? Would a 20rd en bloc clip be possible with something like 5.56 Nato?
>>
>clips

It's called a MAGAzine.
>>
>>32406951
Jesus no. Talk about a clusterfuck of keeping all those little rounds together.
>>
>>32406961
its called a clip you dumb nigger
>>
>>32406982
False.
>>
>>32406973
What about something halfway in between like 7.62x39?
>>
File: 1465032445893.jpg (43KB, 403x498px)
1465032445893.jpg
43KB, 403x498px
>>32407006
>not understanding how a garand works
>>
>>32407006
False.
>>
>>32407006
>>32406961
enbloc clip
>hurdur it's a magazine
1/100 bait made me reply
>>
>>32406821
>This technology seems like a good way to get around cuckfornia's retarded new laws.
How so? If you're implying using clips that hold more than 10 rounds, it wouldn't work. California defines any semi-automatic centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon, regardless of features.
>>
>>32407058
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okay. But it would be a good way to make new rifles that have 'salt features that don't look retarded.
>>
>>32407071
If you like the potbelly aesthetics of internal magazines and are willing to pay big monies for limited production rifles then yeah, but theres a reason we evolved out of that stage.
>>
the problem is that you have to compress a larger and larger spring

when you insert a m1 clip, you use enough force to compress a spring enough for 7 round.

Imagine having to compress a spring for 20 or 30 round. it would be like loading an AR mag all at once. it would be too tough to do
>>
>>32407058
>centerfire
Looks like it's time to get a 54r vepr
>>
>>32407719
It shoots a rimmed cartridge. It's still a centerfire round.
>>
>>32407039
Trolled hard.
>>
>>32406821
I actually just bought a WW2/Korea M1 Garand and it's surprising easier to load and operate than my AK47.

So long as you know how to fucking do it proper.
>>
File: Guns skill 1.gif (3MB, 416x144px)
Guns skill 1.gif
3MB, 416x144px
>>32409370
If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough.
>>
>>32409399
He didn't cock the bolt back far enough, the only thing keeping it from his thumb is the mag. The proper way to load and do it is to use the side of your palm to cock the action back and load it with your thumb.

Depending on your rifle it'll either be ready to go and you just move your palm or you can move your palm and thumb and then give it a gentle push forward and it's off to the races.
>>
>>32409422
WOW REALLY?!
>>
>>32407016
Why not something like 7.92 kurz? No widely established standard to complicate things.
>>
>>32406821
>not using a circular clip that rotates like a street sweeper
>>
>>32407886
So what we need to make is a rimless rimfire cartridge?
>>
>>32410246
This is fucking retarded but I want it to work
>>
Never doubt the efficiency of the Cuckifornia bureaucracy when it comes to illegalizing anything firearm related. Just in the time it took you to post your idea on this board there is likely already a bill in the state Senate to make this non-existent idea illegal.

If you want to build a tomato garden in your backyard you'll need 2-4 months for approval, but if you want to get an 11 round magazine they will come down on you faster and more powerfully than the fist of God.
>>
Always thought a 12ga clip would work nice, since 12ga mags are so bulky. Would have to be well designed, to avoid rim lock though
>>
File: AmmoSenpai.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AmmoSenpai.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>32410246
Something like this?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.