[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milsurp General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 300px-100_0871.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-100_0871.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
which nuggets (year? factory?) came with the brass upper handguard and why?
>>
doesn't matter. they're meme garbage
>>
>>32403645
fuck off
>>32403639
7.62x54r.net
git gud
>>
>>32403657
I couldn't find an answer there
>>
>>32403817
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinFeatures04.htm
>>
>>32403645
nice meme my dude
>>
>>32403839
I appreciate that, though it still doesn't answer my question
>>
>>32403869
Pro tip. Type "Mosin Nagant brass handguard" into google next time.
It's pre war and undoubtedly from the same factory the rifle was made. Now, if you look at your rifle and find these stamps on the metal then cross check them with x54r.net you'll be getting somewhere. As to the geographic location of the mine that produced the copper or the name of the tree that made the stock you're on your own.
>>
>>32403639
>>32403921
I was looking for a reason why certain nuggets came with them, and if there was anything special about those particular nuggets. I did google it, however I found no actual answer besides simple analysis on what time frame these came from, and forums of nugget owners circlejerking about their brass handguards.

Not to discredit your help, but if there is ultimately nothing special about these nuggets, you could have just replied with "No"
>>
>>32403964
Yeah, it's a brass handguard. It adds +5 to range. What do you think? If craftsmanship and time was put into it then it was probably made before the war when time and resources could be afforded. Does a round reciever make the rifle more deadly? If we're talking aerodynamics of an airborne nugget then possibly. In reality it was done to decrease production time, just like not adding a brass strip to the handguard would do. It's just cosmetics.
>>
>>32403975
I meant more along the lines of: the brass handguard is a leftover stock from the imperial era, only to be used on soviet rifles, or, brass handguards signified a special production batch which was made for the rifles to be shipped to the Spanish civil war, or something like that.
>>
There is a nice looking yugo SKS at my local pawn shop for 469. I know the guy there so I can probably talk them down to 370-400. It comes with the grenade launcher attachment and sights. Would 370-400 be a decent price for an SKS?
>>
I just bought pic related pretty cool.
>>
File: 112210-Chile-full.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
112210-Chile-full.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
>>32404020
Does every shot sound like a blast of Reggaeton?
>>
File: 002.jpg (126KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
126KB, 1919x1079px
So I'm reloading for my newish m/96-38 and I find that I'm having trouble chambering rounds. I've never had this problem with any milsurp rifle before and I've not had it with my m/96

>once and twice fired brass
>cleaned
>necksized and trimmed square to 2.155"
>loaded them up, seated at two different OAL
>3.150" which is SAAMI max COAL
>the other to 3.70" which is at or around the COAL of m/41 military ammo
>both are extremely hard to close the bolt on
>appear to be marks on the bullets from the lands, even on the ones well below 6.5x55 maximum COAL
>but bullets not being pushed back deeper into the case, neither are they getting stuck in the throat and getting pullet out
>what the shit
>try some empty cases
>some cases are hard to close on, other are fine
>all cases have been neck sized only
>some have been fired more than once, some with higher pressure (than PPU factory) reloads

What the fuck is going on? The chamber and throat are completely clear of carbon buildup and clear of oil.
I don't know whether the bullet is somehow into the lands, or if it's just the case, or if it's both but only SOME cases that might have been fired more than once. But since when does a once fired and necksized case not fit back into the same chamber? No visible bulges or deformation either. Oh, and bolt matches and it's a military barrel, so headspace is almost certainly not too small, if anything it will be larger than as new.

pic not related to my rifle however
>>
>>32404006
No. They used brass because it looks nice and doesn't rust like steel. However it's more costly and takes more production time/resources, so when they got involved in war they dropped them for steel.
>>
>>32405334
1. Buy a factory ammo
2. Chamber that if you can
3. Bust out dem calipers
4. Compare to your jank round
5. Dey erase marker your shit and see where point of friction is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.