[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /K/ ever found a gun in an abandoned house/place that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: chriss22_zpsba3d9c4a-1.jpg (48KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
chriss22_zpsba3d9c4a-1.jpg
48KB, 1024x576px
Has /K/ ever found a gun in an abandoned house/place that was in working order or at least in a condition that could still be saved or salvaged?
>>
>>32403428
some guy on reddit posted that he bought a house and found like 14 rifles in the rafters or crawl space of his attic
>>
>>32403428
Eh, the Ruger Mk. s are a bitch to fully disassemble/reassemble. But yeah, with time and patience you can restore it. Doesn't look like horrible rust.
>>
>>32403428
personally no, but this guy got lucky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6VqXjqaPSA
>>
I once found half a rusted-out old pepperbox pistol (like the revolver before revolvers were a thing) while swimming in a river in the Sierra Nevada as a kid. It was encrusted in rust and gunk but it was pretty obvious what it was. My gun-loving uncle IDed it and later showed me a picture of what it would have looked like in its prime in an old book on the California Gold Rush. No cylinder to be found, though. My liberal mom threw it back in the water because she was afraid it would somehow go off.
>>
>>32403444
staged as fuck
>>
>>32403442
>the Ruger Mk. s are a bitch to fully disassemble/reassemble

No, they really aren't. Takedown is much simpler than people make it out to be and detail stripping is about as difficult as any other hammer fired gun.
>>
File: its_not_that_difficult.webm (3MB, 1000x654px) Image search: [Google]
its_not_that_difficult.webm
3MB, 1000x654px
>>32403442
I made this for you Anon-kun!
>>
>>32403465
I can't get the bolt retaining pin out without using a punch. Separating the upper and lower of my MkIII requires slamming the back against a piece of wood, and getting it back together requires hitting it barrel first against wood as well. It was only $250, but for a good reason. I dont know if it had ever been cleaned.
>>
File: 1480051143338.jpg (1MB, 2600x1733px) Image search: [Google]
1480051143338.jpg
1MB, 2600x1733px
>>32403472
He said fully disassemble. Not a field strip.
>>
>>32403428
Many years ago me and my brother found some dynamite in an old quarry.
Being young and fucking daft, we thought they were harmless and took some home to show mum n dad.
Went about as well as you'd imagine.
>>
>>32403495
Doing a sub-30s full disassembly/reassembly would be a feat, I admit that.
>>
>>32403472
damn i take an hour to put the stuipd grip pin back in every time
>>
>>32403430
>some guy on reddit
You have to go back.
>>
>>32403428
My buddy found an iver Johnson in a barn he was cleaning out. Gave it to me to take the rust off but all the springs were so rusted they just fell apart, would cost more to fix than just to buy one in working order
>>
>>32403480
MkIIIs are like that, the lites are even worse. At the shop I work at we've actually had to send new guns back to Ruger because they wouldn't come apart.

That being said, they loosen up after they've been taken down a few times, and the earlier guns mk and mkII don't have the issue.
>>
>>32403444
>he takes it to the police and registers it
What a fucking cuck. Is he from Commiefornia?
>>
>>32403618
actually, yes
>>
>>32403428
https://www.youtube.com/user/77ratduster/videos
>>
>>32403598
Surely it wouldn't cost that much to buy new springs from wolff.
>>
>>32403618
>I'll just keep this pistol that I just found without checking it with police!
I hope you get arrested for having a gun used in a crime.
>>
>>32403428
Well that would be a gun worth salvaging. Who couldn't use a nice .22 pistol?
>>
>>32404842

wow dick head much? why don't you fuck a knife you salty shit head.

not even OP just calling you out on your libshit mntality.
>>
>>32403428
Is it funny and fucking depressing at the same time knowing that youtubers and most other random folks that posts on the internet when they go into abandon places or such abd find a gun the first thing they do is "go get it tagged and registered immediately"?

Like why would you fucking do that!?

Just take the dame gun and put it somewhere safe in you fucking home for God's sakes the government doesn't need to know everything about what you find dumbass!

And I bet there are those om here right as we speak right now that has found an old gun and went and got it registered because "I need to do it because I'm such a submissive slut to the government!"
>>
>>32403428
I wish.

>>32403430
Were they any good or interesting or were they all a bunch of old generic store brand bolt-actions from the 50's?

>>32403442
You might like the latest model then, they simplified the takedown greatly.
Only thing is that they have long since stopped making those oldschool tapered barrels, I miss that look.

>>32403585
Oh boo hoo.
>>
>>32403504
What kind of dynamite, old wild west style made from sawdust or later stuff? The sawdust shit could start sweating out it's nitroglycerin when decomposing, extremely dangerous to handle in that state.

>>32404842
>the gun is guilty of the crime, not the criminal
I bet you protest the idea of police selling off old guns from evidence lockers too, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>32403456
Liberals truly are the danger to society. Throwing something they think is dangerous back in the water, where it could endanger someone else and deny their own reaponsability.
>>
>>32405218
It was modern-ish stuff so not extreamly dangerous (as far as dynamite goes) it was the 80's so the coppers turned up then got someone out to take care of it all.
Life in the UK was much better then, these days you'd most likely get branded as a terrorist for doing the right thing.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.