[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clueless Hollywood Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 48

File: ptsd soldier.jpg (34KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ptsd soldier.jpg
34KB, 500x280px
>pumps the shotgun more than once in consecutive scenes without firing
>everyone draws their revolvers and you hear slides being racked
>bullets ricochet multiple times around a room
>bullets can be heard ricocheting off of things no matter the terrain such as grassy hills
>calling a magazine a clip
>everyone unphased by the sound of gunfire even when in a closed-in environment
>victims don't bleed
>victims bleeding from front and back but the bullet is still inside them
>digging the bullet out of a victim and stitching up the wound outside of a hospital setting
>victims operate at full capacity once the bullet is removed
>victims die in one shot regardless of location
>victims get shot, give a motivational goodbye speech and then die abruptly and calmly
>the force of being shot sends the victims back several meters through the air
>audience is told the gun is a particular caliber but chambers something clearly different
>cop-killer rounds
>assault rifles
>machine guns
>gun fires more rounds than it could possibly contain
>dual-wielding being portrayed as feasible and efficient
>bullets able to cause (X) to explode or burst into flames
>able to set off ammunition outside of a gun by striking the primer and the bullet will still injure or kill its target

Did I miss any?
>>
>>32402819
I love when bullets richocet off wood, thin aluminum, and plastic.
>>
>>32402819
Guns that click with the slide locked back or the bolt locked open.
>>
>glock pulled out
>hammer cocking sound
>>
can't forget
>gun-fu
>>
>>32402845
Or hiding behind a boat is the perfect cover. I mean I know real life isn't a fps with chest high walls and jersey barriers in the middle of the room, but shit.
>>
>>32402845
If you mean whenever they use stuff as cover, then yes. But you would be surprised just how many rounds ricochet off random shit. Go buy a box of tracers and you'll find out real quick.
>>
>any time a visibly uncocked 1911 "fires"
>>
>>32402959
I accidentally bought a couple boxes of tracers for my AR-15 and was a little concerned to see them fly off in every which direction despite shooting at a soil covered hillside.
>>
File: Know your role.gif (3MB, 351x197px) Image search: [Google]
Know your role.gif
3MB, 351x197px
>Lol it's just a fleshwound
>Operating at full capacity with a hole in the shoulder/thigh/arm
>Gun only runs out of ammo when dramatically appropriate
>Gun jams only when dramatically appropriate
>Supposed professionals treat jammed gun as useless and throw it away without bothering with even the most basic of clearing procedures
>Protagonist has been shooting his pistol and is now pointing it dramatically, thumbs hammer back because NOW HE'S SERIOUS
>Ditto for pumping shotguns
>Especially when they don't eject shells in the process of doing so
>Car doors, plywood, plasterboard and occasionally refrigerators absorbing multiple battle rifle grade hits like they were fucking airsoft pellets
>Protagonist shoots monster of the week once with his saturday night special, it fails to roll over and die:
>IDS IMMUNE TO BULLETS!!!111
>Wounds to major arteries failing to bleed
>Wounds to major arteries spraying more blood than the body could contain even if it was nothing but a thin shell around a massive reservoir of blood
>Protagonist is wearing his magical magnetic plot armor watch that deflects all the bullets into the ground around him in dramatic puffs
>Teacup grip
>Run of the mill durr guns painted black pulling off absurd, ridiculous shots well outside of the range of anything south of indirect fire because the user is a "sniper"
>Stock gun noises that were badly overused ten years ago but are still being trotted out
>Robots with guns mounted to them that have absurd reaction times and never, ever miss
>Except when they're shooting at the protagonist
>>
>no recoil
>switching rifle hands
>wearing a plate carrier without plates
>not wearing a plate carrier
>point-shooting with a pistol
>EoTech is mounted backwards
>front sightpost only
>optics mounted to carry handle
>mags are clearly empty
>using charging handle to drop the bolt on a fresh mag
>not ejecting casings
>ejecting casings on the wrong side
>chick leans
>>
Some dude who claims to be an IDF veteran as well as a combat medic made a show here in Israel about some soldiers, the batallion medic team and some drama surrounding a drug consoiracy. I want to aubtitle it just for /k/ to have as good of a laugh as every IDF veteran did watching it.
>>
File: smawbackblast.jpg (122KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
smawbackblast.jpg
122KB, 720x540px
>fires a rocket with a wall directly behind him.
>>
>>32402819
LEO's and military not using trigger discipline
>>
>>32403002
Do not forget
>guns ejecting wrong caliber casings
>>
File: 14785670870606.png (228KB, 738x673px) Image search: [Google]
14785670870606.png
228KB, 738x673px
>gun makes a cocking noise everytime it's pointed at someone
>>
>protagonist goes into combat with his gun, but someone switched his mags to empty ones
>protagonist somehow doesn't notice the weight difference

>gun turns out to have been loaded with blanks
>still cycles properly with no issues despite not having a blank-firing-adapter on it

>protagonist runs out of bullets in his semi-auto handgun and goes to shoot the bad guy but all you hear is *click* even though the slide would have been stuck back after the last shell ejected
>>
File: Extendo Clips.jpg (31KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Extendo Clips.jpg
31KB, 720x720px
>preparing for shootout with bad guys carrying AK47s
>put on bulletproof vest that they just have, even though its never been mentioned or worn previously throughout movie/tv show
>it's soft armor
>>
>>32402819
My all-time favorite isn't from a film, but from a book. In his novel The Stand Stephen King describes what he calls a recoilless rifle to perform, I shit you not, as a big shotgun firing buckshot; this "rifle" is fired inside a building in close quarters, with no harm done to anyone other than the guy getting shot (with buckshot).

Even novice level of knowledge about firearms, military tactics and strategy have ruined most of the films, games and books that have gun use or warfare as anything central to the plot, which is a lot. Tried to play GTA IV the other day and found out all the guns are clearly designed based on replicas, toys and airshit.
>>
>>32403164
then the rocket goes "pheww", sparks like a bottle rocket, and wavers through the air like the Three Stooge's pineapple
https://youtu.be/pionTjtpeu4?t=114
>>
>>32402819
>>bullets can be heard ricocheting off of things no matter the terrain such as grassy hills
Could be rocks hidden around.

>victims don't bleed
Possible depending on where they are short and how they land will have internal bleeding.

>digging the bullet out of a victim and stitching up the wound outside of a hospital setting
Actually has happen countless times and you can't get to the hospital sometimes fast enough so its best to get the bullet out and seal the wound.

Shock can kill the victim.

>victims get shot, give a motivational goodbye speech and then die abruptly and calmly
This has most likely happen in real life.

Depending on the caliber this is possible.

>assault rifles
>machine guns
Now you are just being autistic

Actually can be feasible and efficient in some cases.

Depending on what it is it can like propane if the bullet is able to spark on the steel.
>>
File: AR-15 Vietnam.jpg (38KB, 450x424px) Image search: [Google]
AR-15 Vietnam.jpg
38KB, 450x424px
>>32403002

>optics mounted to carry handle

Why do you hate me?
>>
>>32402987
I want to try research out, where do you guys buy yours?
I don't want to get some surplus circa 1970 that don't ignite. I've read there's problem with some of the newer ones as well...
>>
can we recommend agregious examples of movies or shows that do this?
also examples of movies where action happens in a reasonable and realistic manner.
>>
>>32403600
Was with you until
>dual-wielding can be feasible and efficient in some cases.
>>
>>32403000

What's wrong with teacup grip?
>>
>>32403812
olympus has fallen is so fucking awful. it has to be the worst movie ever made with guns and combat
>>
>>32402819
>flinching when firing a prop gun
this bothers me every time
>>
>>32402819
There's only a few of films/serials that have realistic weapons and tactics, and out of those only a fraction has combat as its constant centerpiece. Out of those, only a handful is actually watchable and has decent acting. writing and direction, or anything else at all other than getting guns right. This is because 95% of people who actually know anything about real guns and combat are dull and creatively frigid outside of their area of expertise, just like most professionals and indeed most people. Statistically speaking, someone with real writing/directing/acting skills is very unlikely to have any knowledge of firearms above rudimentary, and so does the audience for which these products are made. No supply, and no demand. No reason to get mad. Imagine how mad someone at NASA gets when he sees all those shitty CGI space battles and faster-than-light travel 50 years away from our day. But you don't care, you don't give a shit and you don't know about space, and you enjoy this sci-fi flick, just like an average peasant enjoys his Rambo 3 or Die Hard 6 or whatever, and the film makes billions.
>>
>>32402879
>implying Equilibrium doesn't give you a boner
>>
>>32403600
Hahaha
HAHAHA
HA. HA. HA.
>>
>>32403600
>Could be rocks hidden around.
True.

>Possible depending on where they are short and how they land will have internal bleeding.
True.

>Actually has happen countless times and you can't get to the hospital sometimes fast enough so its best to get the bullet out and seal the wound.
True.

>Shock can kill the victim.
Possible, but unlikely.

>This has most likely happen in real life.
Extremely unlikely.

>Depending on the caliber this is possible.
False.

>Now you are just being autistic
Depends on his specific gripe.

>Actually can be feasible and efficient in some cases.
False.

>Depending on what it is it can like propane if the bullet is able to spark on the steel.
So statistically unlikely that it may as well be false.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-320929.jpg (36KB, 853x368px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-320929.jpg
36KB, 853x368px
>>32402819
But it looks cool tho
>>
>>32404064
>implying Equilibrium is not a shit movie
>>
>gun makes a racking or clicking noise every time it's moved or shifted slightly
>>
>>32402819
In Dirty Harry, Harry shoots a Model 70 in .458 that he shoots at the baddie like 10 times... In a movie where the capacity of guns is one of the central points.

Really got my austim acting up.
>>
File: MACDoesn'tApproveThisFaggotry.gif (3MB, 281x295px) Image search: [Google]
MACDoesn'tApproveThisFaggotry.gif
3MB, 281x295px
>Car gets lit up broadside
>Occupants are not hamburger
>>
>>32402959
That's not the whole round bouncing away, just the burning tracer bit at the back being dislodged.
>>
>gun fires the entire bullet and jacket.
>>
>>32403468
Aren't there flechette shells available for the carl gustaf though?
>>
>>32403867
I thought it was a pretty accurate portrayal of what it would take to storm the white house.
>>
>>32404287
>It's in slow motion so you can actually see the bullet and casing move through the air.
>>
>>32402819

I shit you not Boardwalk Empire has a scene where a man uses a double barrel shotgun but right before he fires you hear a fucking pump action noise, also I believe he may fire more than 2 rounds, i can't remember I just remember the pump noise because it was so agregious
>>
File: IMG_3537.jpg (135KB, 514x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3537.jpg
135KB, 514x479px
>>32403600
>>
>>32404193

That scene was fucking rad yeah, but that movie was interesting because of guns.

The problem is when the movie is action and is 90% gun, and they can't even get the most basic fucking thing done.
>>
>>32404352

Meant to say WAS NOT interesting*
>>
File: 250px-Cave_Johnson_Painting_3.png (118KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cave_Johnson_Painting_3.png
118KB, 250x380px
>>32404306
"That's 60% more bullet, per bullet!"
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 646x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 646x650px
>bullets spark when hitting any metal surface, concrete, pavement or even "bulletproof vests"
>multiple handgun and rifle rounds hit armored vehicle, it only sparks, deflect bullets and no damage is done to he ballistic plates or glass, even the non armored vehicle body is undamaged.
>get hit with a bullet of irrelevant caliber, actor must remove vest immediately
>shooting a pistol grip shotgun with a limp grip, recoil is not existent
>sniper aims for headshot
>get a view of the gunma's scope, the reticle zooms on actors face, graduations and distance mean shit, specially bad with the Dragunov style reticle.
>>
>>32402819
>the shing noise when anyone ever draws a sword from any material
>>
>>32403002
>EoTech is mounted backwards
fuck some retard even do this in real life
>>
>period piece
>they are using flintlock rifles
>in the rain
really fires up the neurons
>>
Every single instance of swordfighting. In particular the idiot way they use shields, or hold back when an opponent is staggered rather than cutting them up immediately. The latter goes for fistfights as well.
>>
>>32404445
>2 armies are going to war
>a battle is about to break out
>people immediately pair off into 1v1 duels
>>
>>32403468
Steven King bones himself mightily almost every time he talks about guns.
>>
>>32404490
>2 armies are in an intense melee
>the heroes of each army find each other and begin their duel
>the armies stop fighting to form a circle and watch the two heroes fight
>whoever loses just has their army walk away
>>
>>32404531
That explains why they don't wear helmest, so they can easily find each other in the field of battle.
>>
>>32404045
Not in movies but Kojima was the best of bost worlds in MGS4. He was very precise on the weapons and the combat techniques/CQC.
>>
File: 1481534245436.jpg (99KB, 621x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481534245436.jpg
99KB, 621x716px
>>32404551
So he wanted mads to look like a poorfag here?
>>
>>32403161
Do it
>>
>>32402987
Yeah, I've always thought about this ever since SOI so many years ago. Bullets go fucking flying dude.
>>
>Hollow points are armor piercing
>Kevlar stops rifle rounds
>>
>>32404287
the jacket is the copper around the lead bullet.
the casing is the brass part that contains the powder and doesn't fire
>>
>Protagonist takes several shots to the torso

>Protagonist was wearing bullet proof vest/armor so he jus shrugs it off and continues as if nothing had happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABTbJIfWAK0
>>
>>32402819
>INFINITE AMMO!
>No realoads.
>Bullet wound entry wounds blow out blood.
>GUNS RATTLE AT EVERY MOVEMENT.
>Protagonists hit everything they aim at.
>Suppressors make guns silent.
>Grenades explode in fireballs.
>Rockets explode in fireballs.
>>
>>32404732
>Grenades explode in fireballs.
>Rockets explode in fireballs.

I actually thought that would be real. I've been really disapointed when i threw my first grenade. Same with rockets. Depending on what they hit ofc, but overall it's kinda disapointing if you expect some fireworks.

>war is somehow quite silent

war is loud as fuck, and i understood the saying "louder than the 2nd world war" when i deployed. Rockets flying over your head and RPGs being fired are the loudest and most disturbing things i ever heard in my life.
>>
File: The_real_Kebabs.jpg (76KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
The_real_Kebabs.jpg
76KB, 500x322px
>>32402819
Hollywood's portrayal of weapons and violence is so horrendously depressingly innaccurate that I actually get exicted when I watch real videos of people getting murked.

We need to skip this whole "Michael Bay 231 round explosive amor piercing .50BMG shotgun" and go for the shock effect of some Chechen gunning down children with an AK.
>>
>>32403179
LEO's not shooting dogs
>>
Eh, bullets do ricochet in weird ways some times. If you've eve seen an army range shooting tracers it's pretty bizarre the directions the rounds hop after hitting dirt.
That's everything, 556, 762, even 50cal.
>>
File: 1481540423295.png (830KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481540423295.png
830KB, 1600x900px
>Guy dies
>oh wait he was wearing body armor under his clothes so it didn't hit him, pretty smart and sneeky am I right
>>
>>32404752
Where can I see some of those vids senpai?
>>
>>32404828
Just google Chechen war crimes, or you'll probably get more effective results if you search serbian war crimes.

Hell, just type "Slavic War Crimes" for some great stuff. Boy those guys are fucking insane. They're like muslims, but half of them aren't muslims.
>>
I think we can all agree Steven Seagal is the most operator actor and most accurately portrays the usage of guns.
>>
File: 1476607506993.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476607506993.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>live firing range right in front of an obstacle course
>doing backflips while firing
>sweeping guns around and shaking them while shooting
>standing in a circle and and shooting inwards
>big blob of people running and shooting in a giant mob (trying to zerg rush the zergs)
i love the movie, but fuck
from something written so accurately to another civilian hollywood wet dream
>>
I have 2 more.

>shooting an revolver and still cases are heard dropping
>full auto gun klick several times when empty
>>
>>32404870
If you enjoyed that novel, read Old Man's War.
>>
File: 1434587780249.jpg (118KB, 580x859px) Image search: [Google]
1434587780249.jpg
118KB, 580x859px
>Chase scene
>Guy being pursued frequently shooting behind him
>Runs out of ammo
>Throws gun
>>
>Protagonist is clearly fully behind cover.

>Bad guys keep shooting all around his general direction despite no chance of hitting anything.
>>
>Assassin
>Uses a laser on his rifle
>Rests the laser on his victims head long enough for people to push the victim out of the way
>Then shoots
>>
>>32402819
>group of trained soldiers are shooting at a smaller group or ragtag "our guys"
> soldiers fail to hit or even suppers group of fuckwads

>future supper soldiers
>can't into basic tactics or corporation, can't into cover, can't into covering fire, can't into anything but a shallow grave

>we will fight now my nemesis
>5 minutes of taking stupidly wild swings that wouldn't even hit if they weren't blocking each other perfectly
>>
>>32402978
Or in "stand by me" he fired a shot into the air then aimed it at the goones. Then cocked it for intimidation even though it just shot and woulda been cocked.
>>
File: 1432984186131.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1432984186131.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>32403847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbP3MR3T00
>>
>>32404374
>>sniper aims for headshot
Bulletproof vests are a thing.
>>
or some double standards shit
>kills buckets of henchmen
>absolutely butchers them in doves
>wont kill headboss cos of morals/ righteousness
heroes are sometimes the biggest cunts
>>
>>32405419
But obvious when worn. They could easily see if plates are there, and if they're not then chest is just fine.
>>
>>32405301
For as much detail Archer puts into its guns i was sad to see them do this.
>>
When you see someone shooting a hand gun and then it cuts away to the spent casting landing at their feet.
>>
My favorite is the recoilless guns with CGI muzzleflashes
>>
>>32406105
Its a cartoon you dip
>>
File: IMG_2532.png (4MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2532.png
4MB, 2208x1242px
>player has to fly down a zipline
>just grabs it with their hands, hands aren't torn down to the bone afterwards

>only game that doesn't have persistent magazines so you don't reload every five seconds is Ghost Recon

>get shot
>eat food and you're at full health

>body armor in games that makes you a bullet sponge
>body armor in games that "breaks off" after a few hits from pistol rounds
>plate carrier that somehow absorbs damage from headshots
>tfw max Payne 3 got armor right

>pick up g36 mag while carrying AR15
>+30 bullets

>diving, sliding, crawling over rough ground
>your kit still looks immaculate

>fire 3 mags out of a gun
>CND=45%
>fire one more magazine and the fucking receiver explodes

>purchase system in-game
>new gun = $45,000
>eotech = $250
>shitty walmart red dot reflex sight = $500
>>
>>32403002
You forgot about those suppressor mounted scopes
>>
>someone goes into cardiac arrest
>initial rhythm is asystole
>chest compressions less than 100 a minute
>asystole get defibrillated
>cpr not resumed after defibrillation
>code gets terminated in 30 seconds
>>
>>32402851
*click click click*
>>
Anybody here seen Hardcore Henry? Did you like it?
>>
>uses light caliber handgun to shoot elevator cable. Hits and severs it in one shot
>uses crappy varmint rifle to shoot diving tank in sharks mouth. Nuclear explosion occurs
>>
>>32407013
It gave me a headache, and the story I personally didn't like.
>>
>>32403468
>Tried to play GTA IV the other day and found out all the guns are clearly designed based on replicas, toys and airshit.

That's more down to licensing more than anything. It's the same reason they don't have real cars, they can't get licensing for real brands so they clone and make look-alikes but not 100% the same. Companies don't want their products associated with crime and gang violence.
>>
>>32407226
>they can't get licensing for real brands
It's more like they're too cheap and figuring out what the fakes are made up of is part of the fun.
>>
>Assault rifles are the rank and file fodder's weapon and is the weakest
>Machine guns are for big guys or small guys that big guys steal from, never see an assist
>Sniper rifles are either for Coldsteel loners with one liners or obliviously cheerful fucks who die, never have a spotter
>Battle rifle see Assault Rifle
>SMGs are for the most operator operators to operate operationally despite firing pistol rounds they never kill in one shot
>Pistols always kill in one shot and always the most recognizable, mascot weapon of the film
Of course there's always an outlier
>>
>>32407170
>Garand
>crappy varmint rifle
>>
>>32407602
I think you fell for obvious b8 senpai
>>
>>32407665
I'm drubk at the bar, not surprising. The handgun greentext had to be from The Matrix.
>>
>>32402870
Fucking this.
>>
>>32402870
>>32407809
>watching Antman
>endscene
>ants are holdinh back the hamer on a Glovk
>ON A FLOCK
>>
>fire BAR in multiple scenes
>mowing down multiple Japs
>keeps firing, never reloads
>BAR with 20 round mag
>>
>>32407837
I see you watched Hacksaw. Only the once seen with Dudebro McJawman holding the body to protevt him from bullets really bothered me. Fullpwer rifle rounds woulv'de gone straight through. And his BAR fired like 40 damn rounds in that scene.
Besides that it was fine. A couple minor bullshuts here and the3re.
>>
>>32404207
It's not though, just overshadowed by the first matrix movie
>>
>>32404870
It was all on purpose dude. It was pulpy as shit intentionally. Its gial was only to entertain and it did that.

If you didnt at least smile when johnny flips and shoots durring training you have no sense of adventure.
>>
>>32406627
I remember the bf4 beta had realistic reloading. Made me realize how much ammo you really waste in normal games
>>
>>32404582

Actually yes.

He wanted to show that the character is much more powerful and important than what his gear would indicate
>>
>>32402819
Calling rounds "bullets"
>>
>>32407864

Well technically you can use bodies as cover from bullets. The bullet won't go in a straight line through the body and will likely tumble and yaw. Even lighter and less thick materials can cause a significant change in bullet trajectory.

Leaves an bushes can effect the bullet trajectory also. Specially the lighter rounds.

So yes it isn't a bad idea at all to use a dead d body as a cover. It isn't full proof but it beats having fuck all.
>>
>Magazine runs out of ammo
>Shooter just drops it on the ground and leaves it behind like it's disposable
>>
>>32402819
When the protagonist isnt military but is being guarded or escorted by super duper special farces, and at the first sign of contact the actually trained soldiers get dropped instantly but neverserved protagonist somehow survives.
>>
>>32409766

Maybe they're not poorfags who can't buy more?
>>
>>32405431
I hate this shit so much in vidya, especially if there's repercussions for killing the headboss.
>>
>>32407314
Also when the heroes are engaging at medium distance and still on full auto, sometimes even while moving at a half jog, and all bullets magically hit the targets who cant hit the hero even while firing from a stationary stable position
>>
>>32409787
If you lose a magazine in a combat situation, you can bet your arse that you're going to be out looking for it and if you don't find it, you are going to get a serious bollocking.

Especially in the middle east, Taliban/AlQaeda stick IEDs inside them, if you're out on patrol and spot any NATO kit, you do not fucking pick it up.
>>
>protagonists are currently involved in a firefight or are about to be, they rack the slides of their weapons

That bugs the fuck out of me. If they were just shooting why are they racking the slide?
>>
>>32409787
Just because you can afford to buy more doesn't mean you should discard perfectly usable ones you already own. That's like throwing away your cellphone when the battery runs out, or even just throwing away the battery itself when you could just recharge it.
It's pants on head retarded.
>>
>>32407314

>Assault rifles are always full-auto, all the time.
>Recoil is either non-existent or wildly exaggerated for comic effect
>Exit wound either looks exactly like the entry, or it blows most of a guy's torso away
>.50 BMG out of an M82 can penetrate tank armor
>>
File: john wick 1.png (2MB, 1566x1185px) Image search: [Google]
john wick 1.png
2MB, 1566x1185px
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT 19:05
>>
File: 1479680176764.jpg (25KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479680176764.jpg
25KB, 398x500px
>>32404978

>Old Man's War
>mfw
>>
>>32404870
I like the theory that the entire movie is a propaganda film, the commercials and everything.
>>
>>32404445
You ever been in a fight against a strong opponent? You have to be careful not to let a single hit connect, or it's lights out. I prefer to only attack after someone has just thrown a big swing and missed.
>>
>>32406432
How does that matter vs a movie?
>>
>>32404297
The ability to hop a fence and jog?

Thanks. Obama.
>>
>>32404431
Entirely doable, the frizzen acts as both striking surface and pan cover.
>>
>>32404659
Should we tell him?
>>
>>32407834
>>32407809
>>32402870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqELGdAt4dc

AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>32406627
Arma 2/3 has individual magazines, reloading when you have 13 bullets in your magazine will place a mag with 13/30 bullets in your inventory that your character will grab assuming he's out of full ones
>>
>Have a lever action rifle holding 5 shots
>Fire one bullet
>Reload
>Player puts 5 more bullets into the gun

Fucking hell Bethesda you even got this right in fallout 3
>>
>characters are in a flying helicopter
>have a casual conversation instead of screaming directly through their cupped hands into each others' ears asking for dip
>>
>elite operator group are out looking for protagonist
>elite operator trips a booby trap and dies
>one of them yells contact
>they all simultaneously chamber rounds in their rifles.

The shooter TV series is awful for gun stuff
>>
I've never actually watched the movie John Wick but normies sperg out over it like it's the greatest action movie ever made. How accurately does the movie handle firearms?
>>
>>32412832
Pretty accurate. He operationally kills a priest so that was fun.
>>
>>32402943
>>32402845
According to the movie, The Rock, thin metal desk and file cabinets make perfect cover. This is the shit that activates my autism the most in movies and shows.
>>
File: 1482356326452.jpg (38KB, 300x674px) Image search: [Google]
1482356326452.jpg
38KB, 300x674px
>>32412832
Imagine chuck noris, without a beard.
>>
>>32412832
operator as fuck, keanu reeves is one of those actors who gives 300% for their roles, the guy legit took up 3 gun competitions
>>
File: 15201025120.jpg (37KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
15201025120.jpg
37KB, 410x410px
>>32413099
it's utter wank.
you're better off watching john woo if you want realism.
>>
File: 595950205120.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
595950205120.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>32412977
>>32413044
>>32413099
>>32413133
>>
>firing a weapon
>indoors
>no ear pro
>not affected by the sound
This describes every show with guns in it.
>>
>>32402819
PREPARE YOUR ANUS /k/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZ0XSf23rs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZ0XSf23rs
>>
File: 4578048524028.jpg (68KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
4578048524028.jpg
68KB, 600x342px
>>32413276
t. k
>>
>>32406627
Swat3 and Swat4 have individual mags; the game encourages you to make tactical reloads before clearing large areas.

Battlefield 4 hardcore mode also has individual mags; it sure was a shock playing after getting used to regular multiplayer. "What do you mean I'm out of ammo? I only shot 4 bullets at 3 guys."
>>
>>32413276
I "reee'd" so fucking hard I couldn't even post my image. Good thing he had ideas behind that mask or else the ending would've been anticlimactic.
>>
>>32413211

That's not true, there's a great scene in the Hannibal TV series where someone shoots at the protagonist in a basement and the sound goes all wonky.

Also a reoccurring gag on Archer.

>mop
>mop
>>
>>32403002
>point-shooting with a pistol

Get fucked. Point shooting is best shooting.
>>
>firing a gun in his house doesn't fuck the blind man's hearing up
>a washing machine does
>>
did anyone else notice that all the responses to
>>32412832
were dubs
>>32412977
>>32413044
>>32413099
>>32413133

>>32412832 the dub-bringer
>>
File: 1481137161994.jpg (270KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1481137161994.jpg
270KB, 720x537px
>>32413477
When he says persistent mags he means you keep the mag, and it keeps the rounds in it as opposed to being added to a general pool. Red Orchestra 2 does this; I imagine the original does.
>>
>>32413894
Well thanks for ruining the streak.

>>32413894 the dub-nigger
>>
>>32402819

>slide not locking back on an empty mag
>>
>>32405301
>""""elite"""" sniper
>uses a laser
>would give away his position as soon as he switched it on
>>
>>32406627
>only ghost recon has persistent mags
>rainbow 6
>arma
>read orchestra
>>
>>32409766
>run out of ammo
>fuck shit niggers fuck cunts fuck shit fuck
>scramble to reload before some nigger mercs you
>leave the spent mag on the ground because there are more important things happening
i see 0 problems with this
>>
>>32414038

I always thought that people around here would be more familiar with Insurgency. Not only does it have persistent magazines, it even ejects a round from a bolt action like the Mosin if you start a reload with a round chambered.

>Also
>Visible laser sight beams without smoke, dust or any other particle interference
>>
>>32413276
To be fair, he dies shortly after this scene from soaking up so many bullets. There's even a scene where V is staggering and drops the destroyed armor plate he was wearing, and he's bleeding quite a bit. Also those goons were only aiming at center mass.
>Fucking typical bongs, not knowing how to effectively use firearms
>>
File: 1468009725264.jpg (6KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
1468009725264.jpg
6KB, 222x225px
>>32402819
>experienced operators don't know the meaning of trigger discipline and sweep everyone constantly

happens in basically every fucking movie ever and it rustles my jims to no end
>>
File: 1480686226635.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480686226635.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>32405341
>can't into anything but a shallow grave
>>
>>32413557
This. Hannibal is kino af
>>
>One side of soldiers blasts indiscriminately
>Our band of valiant heroes places single peeking shots with perfect accuracy instead of both sides blasting indiscriminately until the return fire stops

>Holding someone captive at close range
>Racks slide/bolt after they try something for dramatic effect
>congrats you were kept hostage by an unchambered weapon

>weapon jams
>shakes it or randomly grips it like they're trying to squeeze juice out of the frame
>don't touch any kind of bolt handle, slide or assist, magazine is never released
>>
>>32403000
The fuck is that from?

The characters seem kind of weirdly drawn so I assume it's not an official Looney Tunes thing.
>>
>>32403002
>front sightpost only
well thats actually a great way to shoot, focusing only on the front sight then alignment
>point-shooting
A lot of self defense experts say this is an acceptable form of shooting in a SD situation
>>
>>32404445
>Actors are clearly just aiming for each other's swords
>Standard techniques aren't working, so let's throw shit like an idiot
>Time for my "cool" stance
>Best tactic anyone can come up with is "Charge!"
>Large volley of arrows kills entire first regiment, only reason second regiment gets through is because for some reason the archers take forever to reload
>Hero always has at least 3 meter radius around him, charges into the thick of battle despite being a commander, and easily dispatches the 1 or 2 enemies that run at him until the villain comes to fight him
>Once one of them dies, the entire battle ends
>>
>>32404870
Don't they fire over you during certain parts of training to stress you out?
>>
>>32413988
For that matter

>laser even showing up past 25 yards
>>
>>32406627
It'd be nice if games let you reload and then double tap for emergency reload.

Regular Reload: Keep the previous mag plus any ammo inside, if it's empty, mags resupplying faster.

Emergency Reload: Lose the mag but save time reloading by not having to place the mag back in your inventory
>>
>>32403600
fuck off contrarian scum kik nigger
>>
>>32407314
Someone needs to ban pistols in movies.

Rule: the only pistols you see are subcompacts and only used in extreme backup situations, sort of like real life. The mascot gun is a rifle favored by the hero.

Currently: Rifles only exist for taking out cannon fodder, pistols are always full or oversize and the gun the Hero REALLY uses to take out the bad guy because he can one hand it.
>>
>>32414458
there are lasers that you can see if you shine them at the moon.
>>
>>32414495
How many of them are portable enough to be put on a .22WMR rifle painted black?

Also I think that .17/.22 caliber bolt-actions actually do make sense if the character is an assassin and he expects a target to simply be at a place, shoot him, and then leave.
>>
>>32407252
>more like they're too cheap
Did you read his post at all? Moron.
>>
File: operator1.webm (844KB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
operator1.webm
844KB, 708x392px
>>
File: operator2.webm (1MB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
operator2.webm
1MB, 708x392px
>>
File: operator3.webm (3MB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
operator3.webm
3MB, 708x392px
>>
>>32414648
Would actually be at least somewhat okay if it wasn't a fucking Beretta.
>>
File: operator4.webm (467KB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
operator4.webm
467KB, 708x392px
>>
File: operator5.webm (231KB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
operator5.webm
231KB, 708x392px
>>
File: operator6.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
operator6.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>32414650
Looks like the only place he has been clearing lately is the fridge.
>>
>>32402870
This one isn't so much Hollywood being clueless as the audience expects certain audible cues to maintain their suspension of disbelief.

That said, it's annoying when you know better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31OjOPF-ZI
>>
>>32409766
find the faggot who's never been in combat before
>>
>>32414653
Jesus, who's he trying to kid the fatty fatty fat fat fuck
>>
>>32405419
Guy I know who qualified for marksman said aiming at the neck/collar bone worked pretty well cause any plate kevlar etc would be obvious as fuck. also .338 fucks shit up pretty much guaranteed so torso shots are ideal because its easier to hit, even if they don't die the NZDFs policy is that the quickest way to remove 3 combatants is wound one (casevac n shit).
>>
>>32402819
>Firing in excess of a kilometre and no accounting for bullet drop, wind etc etc etc, that shit fires like a rail gun and hits em the second the trigger is pulled.
>>
I dont think i have ever seen appropriate administration of cpr in a movie or show.
>>
>>32414809
007 Casino Royale comes to mind...
https://youtu.be/Xc6EKJ-TVys?t=84
yah... you coulda saved 'er mister bond, but you can't first aid for the life of you (or someone you love)
>>
>>32404045
>What is Michael Mann
>>
>>32404045
So what are some movies with good gunplay? Only ones that come to mind are The Way of the Gun, Heat, and Collateral
>>
>>32414847
those boobs muh dik
>>
>>32414809
its pretty hard to do realistic cpr on a living person
>>
Nurse here, you don't "stitch up" puncture wounds. That'll lead to sepsis. Please stop triggering me.
>>
Alot of movie first aid in general is pretty bad, cauterizing wounds, removing bullets, pulling out knives, resetting joints or broken limbs improperly
>>
>>32409835

Depends on the movie. If it's a fast paced situation maybe the protagonist does not have the time to properly store the used up magazine on his person.
>>
>>32415046
>dump pouch

please leave
>>
>>32402819
>movie or videogame
>rifle has flash suppressor
>still spits fire like a fucking obrez

??????
>>
>>32407252
>It's more like they're too cheap and figuring out what the fakes are made up of is part of the fun.

GTA IV has a budget in excess of 160 million USD.
GTA V had a development and marketing budget hitting $260 million. (a pricetag that it paid back in the first 18 hours.).

If you think its because they're "too cheap", then you are a complete and utter fucking imbecile.
>>
>>32413211

>character sleeping in bed with prostitute
>buddy sneaks in, wakes whoore, she moves to the side of the bed
>buddy shoots pillow with barrel right beside his head
>can't hear out of his left ear but everyone else is fine
>in a small bedroom
>>
swords go "Schwiiiing!" when drawn from a scabbard.

metal cavalry sabre scabbard? Schwiiing!
wood and leather scabbard? scraaaape!
katana and wooden saya? Screeep!
(Admission: first time I drew a real sword from a real leather, wood and wool scabbard, I thought there was something wrong, it didnt make that sound.)

And scabbards on backs. always on the back. Even for 2-handed swords and the likes. Nowadays, I always wait to see the cut as the character goes from heroically drawing the sword, to holding it out. because you cant film it in one cut as the sword wont come out the sheath when on a person's back.

--

Also, our hero leaps away as the villains open firer, knocks over the desk or table, taking cover behind 1/2 an inch of plywood, which shields them from the spray of fire from Goon #23's AK/AR/Desert Eagle which rips up the surface of the table.

our superhero pulls a car door off a car, as the baddie shoots away. leaving dents in the car door. Never knew cars were made of half-inch thick steel, did you?
>>
>>32415051

Well the most recent movie I've seen that I'm thinking of is John Wick. He has no time to pick up discarded magazines while he's exterminating tens of bad guys in a club or in a church.
>>
>>32413276
>>32414099
I also read something that explained that the metal plate he was wearing stopped/slowed most of the 9mm hollowpoints from the MP5s/handguns but the .357s from the revolver just punched right through. Also the character of V was enhanced by medical experiments which is why he was able to last so long before finally dying.
>>
>>32414500
You can buy really small 1W lasers from Ebay, bro.
>>
>>32403467
Those are either empty or that's strong tape
>>
>>32414919
>TFW no Eva Green
>>
>>32414400
It's real, its the newest version from Cartoon Network
>>
>>32414662
kek
>>
>>32414657
>>32414656

christ
>>
I've always been wondering about the somewhat unstoppable cars in movies, wouldn't they be unable to drive quite quickly when shots hit the engine?
>>
>>32415330

Ehh, depends what you hit them with. Engine blocks are actually quite sturdy and would need a big caliber to stop it dead. I doubt 5.56 would do much.
>>
pew pew silencer
>>
>>32415348
Couple hits to the radiator area would quickly result in catastrophic overheating of the motor/ trans.
>>
So how bad does Thomas Jane's Punisher trigger you? They had Kevin Nash actually destroy a real revolver.
>>
>>32414659
what is this from
>>
>>32414905
John Wick

Generation Kill. Not a movie but whatever
>>
>>32413940
God damn that is a good edit.
>>
>>32409835
>In the Middle East, everything is a bomb!
>>
>>32414500
The military has lasers like that but you can't buy them as a civie because of bullshit laws.
>>
>>32414659
>nonchalantly walking across room shooting
>pistols akimbo because it's cool
>smugness 'cause u the heros
>no recoil
>no case ejection
>bullets sparking on concrete/plaster wall
this is triggering on so many levels
>>
>>32414769
New Zealand Defense Force?
>>
File: 20080222190650.jpg (81KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
20080222190650.jpg
81KB, 900x600px
>>
>>32415696
They're also having a conversion as they do that
>>
>>32403813
It is. Old Russia secret police often carry two nagants for greater firepower.
>>
>>32405419

Snipers don't aim for the head.
>>
File: Wanted_film_poster.jpg (68KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Wanted_film_poster.jpg
68KB, 300x464px
This must triggers /k/
>>
>>32402819
>silence of the lambs
>scene where Clarise tries to find Buffalo Bill in his house
>lights go out
>bill goes to shoot her in dark
>cocks gun
>she hears it, turns and shoots him first
>mfw if he had just into double action
>>
>>32415724
shotgun suppressors weren't around when the movie was released (or when it takes place) so I don't think it's that big of a deal how they portrayed one.
>>
>>32415920

You mean you've never curved a bullet around an object or used a 6-stage projectile to assassinate somebody?

The graphic novel is much better and has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.
>>
>the entirety of Olympus/London has Fallen
>>
>>32416041
Shotgun suppressors have been a thibg since the 80s.
>>
>>32402987
The tracer flies around more than the actual bullet i think
>>
>>32415192
>mfw I have kissed Eva Green
>no face when no one believes me

I know none of you believe me, and that's the fucking joke here. The only time I actually kissed a girl, and I can't even tell about it because no one in their right mind would believe me.
>>
File: cristmastree.jpg (8KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
cristmastree.jpg
8KB, 260x194px
>>32414662
underrated
MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL
>>
>>32403468
I'm writing a story that uses a lot of firearms and I've been especially meticulous when talking about the firearms used, just because it annoys the fuck out of me when someone writes a decent piece and I can't read it because I'm too busy spurging out over the firearm inaccuracies.
>>
Whoever is responsible for the creation of this monstrosity needs to be publicly executed.
https://youtu.be/qnv5KI31pkw
>>
>>32415724
could his compressed air whatever bust open locks like it does in the movie?
>>
>>32402879
>Implying John Wick wasn't badass
>>
>>32416606
Is that the fucking pistol sound from Doom?
>>
>>32416606
I'm screaming "RELOAD THE FUCKING REVOLVER YOU DUMB FUCK!"

God damn, these are some gun gripes I'm sure as hell taking out of my series.
>>
File: 1482201759552.jpg (145KB, 630x590px) Image search: [Google]
1482201759552.jpg
145KB, 630x590px
>>32402819
>pumps the shotgun more than once in consecutive scenes without firing
You don't?

>everyone unphased by the sound of gunfire even when in a closed-in environment
Maybe they're not pussies who constantly fucking complain about how loud gunfire is. Get the fuck over it.

>victims don't bleed
They ain't got time.

This is from the old days of slow moving, anemic pistol bullets, circa 1880.

I guess someone doesn't own a .45 ACP.

I guess someone doesn't own a 10mm.

Training issue.

I guess someone doesn't own a .40 S&W.

>able to set off ammunition outside of a gun by striking the primer and the bullet will still injure or kill its target
There are handless/faceless privates who thought the same thing.

>Did I miss any?
Elite forces carrying HK, Sig, or anything other than Glock.
>>
>>32415140
Stop excusing your bongshit movie

>hurr we don't need no gunz we got swords and karate sheiiit
>>
>>32402819
>>bullets ricochet multiple times around a room
it could though, back and forth a bunch of times probably not but there's no reason why it couldnt change trajectory more than once
>>
>>32416399
I'll believe you. Is she as awkward in real life as they say?
>>
>>32414735
I think I found him. It's you.
>>
Hey /k/, what does getting shot while wearing armor actually feels like?

I mean, Hollywood loves to portray dudes flying through the air backwards, and I've seen enough combat and execution videos to know that the human body doesn't actually recoil much when shot, but I've heard with armor it knocks you on your ass.
>>
File: onmyposition.png (463KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
onmyposition.png
463KB, 1200x975px
>>32414659
Always triggers me.
>>
>>32415117
Lindybeige pls go
>>
>>32417800
Can't say I've ever been shot, with or without armor, but I can explain the physics behind it.
When shot without armor, the bullet loses its energy slowly, exerting little force directly onto there person, especially if the bullet passes through.
When shot with armor, the bullet transfers all its energy directly into the armor, causing much more force to be put on the person.
>>
>>32417800
If it stops the bullet, that means your body has taken all of the force. However the force is distributed, so you're left with a nasty bruise and maybe some cracked ribs instead of a gaping chest wound.
>>
>>32416399
I missed a phone call from Scarlett Johanson while I was working the bar, guy I work for in London met her and was having lunch with her. Dont even know what I wouldve said, but still. Probably wouldve spunked so hard I died from dehydration.
>>
>>32416636

Captive bolt gun, fires a limited projectile and sucks it back up.
>>
>>32417800

Both of the previous answers are bullshit. An object imparts the same force on the recipient as it does the launching mechanism.
>>
everything about this fucking movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCbgjrb75fg
>>
>>32417984
better video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeFVfMRTBiA
>>
>>32417800
It's like getting hit in the chest with a hammer. It hurts a lot and makes you feel like you can't breath.
>>
>>32416239
>Better
>Saying anything that's made by that hack piece of shit is good.
I bet you also like Kick-Ass you worthless prick.
>>
>>32417935
She's kinda fat now, watch the GITS trailer.
>>
File: 1364696056256.jpg (200KB, 1320x2053px) Image search: [Google]
1364696056256.jpg
200KB, 1320x2053px
>>32404045
Thank god for the scarce few autists who know what I want and produce it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hidvKLHI0

Come on /k/ something about this has to trigger you

>Loads grenade
>Never uses it
>>
>>32418121
Rally has multiple camel toes throughout the entire manga.

Also, is it true that she becomes a lesbian in the sequel?
>>
>>32417688
Not as awkward as I was, but kind of but that could have been because of the situation. She is really really nice, though.
>>
>>32418214
I haven't actually finished reading it, but I know she kisses one of the other female characters.

Sonoda stated that he wrote her as being gay, but celibate and much more fond of Cars and Firearms than sex.
>>
>>32418214
>Rally has multiple camel toes throughout the entire manga.
Well, post some
>>
>>32416239
>thinking "this is my face when im fucking you in the ass" is good
anon plz
>>
How does Heat rate with /k/?
>>
>>32418318
No u.
>>32418287
So wait, is she asexual or gay? Either way I'm hard. I remember May mocking her because she was a virgin and then blushed.
>>
>>32418586
Sound-wise is fucking perfect and pre-cum comes out of my peewee every time I heard the downtown shootout scene.
>>
>>32416399
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, just to feel jelly as fuck and because I want to believe.
>>
>>32416399
You should kiss my ass instead, the hair on it makes it a very tender experience.
>>
>>32403600
You tried too hard.
>>
File: 1328309356058.jpg (457KB, 1981x2580px) Image search: [Google]
1328309356058.jpg
457KB, 1981x2580px
>>32418695
She's a very non-sexual gay.
>>
>>32413276
>nothin personnel kid, the movie
>>
>>32406105

I do appreciate the details in Archer. They call shit what it is, shit isn't unrealistic, they get calibers, projectile types, you name it. They fuck up on suppressors and rifle casings, though.
>>
>Gangbangers
>Use relatively high-end guns like HKs, SIGs, nice non-beat-to-shit 1911s
>Don't use beat up Glocks, cheap revolvers, budget guns like S&W SDs, or Hi-Points/problem solvers
>>
File: harvey_weinstein.jpg (29KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
harvey_weinstein.jpg
29KB, 307x409px
Reminder: Removing TV and films from your life only benefits you
>>
>>32404377
The shing noise is entirely reproducible though, I've done it with replica swords and even my kitchen knives inadvertently. Granted it's very quiet and not nearly as loud as the movies would have you think...
>>
>no earpro, whispering to each other in cover in the middle of a pitched gunbattle
>>
>>32402819
the G36 is one of the most widely available guns on the market (black market or otherwise) and a favorite among everyone from PMCs to bank robbers and hoodrats.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/G36 (keep in mind this list is not even remotely close to finished)
>>
>>32418914
Unf, I forgot how hot Rally was.
>You will never have a beautiful brown virgin goddess who loves guns even more than you do so you can have a threesome and maybe an orgy consisting of you, her, and both of your guns pulled together like some sort of sexy murder/k/ube.
>>
>>32416399
I believe everyone who travels and meets people has at least one of those "you wouldn't believe so I don't even bother telling you" stories.

Mine is that a Chinese princess (not an actual de facto princess, but something like that, the daughter of a very powerful dude in one canton, basically a princess) owes me a favor(some cultural thing, I can ask one favor from her, anything, and it is her duty to help me with it) and I worked as an advisor for her and her brother for three weeks. This happened while I was on a trip in west China because of my studies. Oh and I don't speak a word Chinese.
>>
>>32404531
Can be accurate. At one point, that was extremely common
>>
>>32416650

Movie was shit. Fucker kills dozens over a dog he states was important and then just picks up a replacement mutt at the end.

And yes, the action sequences were highly overrated
>>
>>32404978
My man. Also would recommend the Through the Looking Glass series by John Ringo.
>>
So recently I found my old psp with GTA LCS in it, here are things I noticed in the game that are quite odd. (I know the game is old and crude compared to games nowadays but w/e)
>glock is $100
>brand new full auto m4/ak47 is $4200-$5000
>.357 revolver is portrayed as a .500 magnum by both recoil and one shot - one kill power
>shells ejected from shotgun look like pistol cartridges
>getting shot 3 times by high power guns in order to die
>Shooting any vehicle 3× with a shotgun, 25× by ak/m4 blows up any vehicle(except for the tank)
>no matter what gun or "heavy weapon" you shoot there's is no recoil and you always hit the target you shoot
There's more things I could list but I can't remember them
>>
>>32402851
God, I hate that shit. Just saw that on 'Man in the High Castle.'
>>
>>32414650
He is clearing the room so unenthusiastically
>Nuthin ere, nuthin ere-fuckit
>>
>>32420917
Don't forget single action firearms that click when the hammer is down.
>>
>>32414794
>Hl2.exe
>>
>When protagonist PO-LEECE man and his well-manicured partner get in a shootout, indoors, and then turn to each other and have a regular conversation that isn't MAWP MAWP MAWP EEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAWP MAWP
>When the goon/bad guy gets hit with a 9mm and blown out a window like he got hit with a fucking PIAT
>>
>>32404531
I liked when that was averted in Vikings.
>Intense "1v1 me fgt" duel
>"good" character wins by slitting his ankle tendons and planting his sword in the dude's chest
>Dude's army/band/whatever immediately goes silent and grabs their weapons
>Get slaughtered when good guy's army appear out of the darkness and shield-wall buttfuck them because coming alone is for retards
>>
>>32407013
I enjoyed it for what it was- a dumb, crazy action movie made by Russians.

The dance number and full flashback to his dad were the best parts of the movie.
>>
File: fired bullet.jpg (7KB, 430x280px) Image search: [Google]
fired bullet.jpg
7KB, 430x280px
>>
>>32414648
>>32414650
>>32414653
>>32414656
>>32414657

I'm convinced that Steven Seagal's movies are money laundering schemes that he has absolutely no idea he's involved in.
>>
>"I'm a trained FBI AGENT/CIA AGENT/SOLDIER/COP"
>*teacups handgun and hipfires rifle*
>>
File: 1475386486234.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
1475386486234.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>32414659
the sheer amount of retarded half-assedness is so incomprehensibly upsetting it's not even funny
>>
File: perfect.png (256KB, 821x528px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
256KB, 821x528px
>>32420956
>mfw sniping Combin ewith the Python
>>
>>32403365
What fucking movies are you watching?
>>
most holywood thing of them all

>Elite special forces unit
>deployed to every fucking clime and place
>grizzled scarred and battle hardened space muhreens
>led by a 90 pound woman because grrl power
>>
>>32417973
this has to be bait, right?
>>
>>32404870
you have to remember that the Movie was made to make fun of the book and Military in general as Satire. It originally came from a completely unrelated script and was just adapted to Starship Troopers by changing names and such. Hence lack of pretty much fucking everything from the book.

Basically it's a WWZ.
>>
>>32420126
t. Fun hating communist
>>
>>32403000
I want just one movie to have a shotshell pop out when somebody racks the shotgun because "now it's serious" and then everyone around them looks at them like they're a fucking idiot the same way pulp fiction did the ND thing. on that note:

>Trigger discipline
>shotgun spread fucking ludicrously large
>buckshot is cotton candy after 10 yards
>using full auto when semi would be obviously be better suited (looking at you TWD)
>absurdly low grip on handguns
>guns have no recoil
>grip with support hand grabbing wrist
>*click click click* on non-DA guns to signify running out of ammo
>reticule incorrect for optic
>bullet fired in slow motion is the entire cartridge
>Gun cocks when drawn from holster despite slide not being manipulated
>*WHASCHINGGGGG" sound for drawing sword/knife/axe
>guy with revolver to his face asks "Is that thing even loaded?"
>rockets float through the air slowly
>car doors and passenger compartments stop bullets
>cars explode when shot with enough fmj bullets
>main characters don't wear helmets
>character tilts head and aims out the side of their eye so their whole face is in the shot
>most experienced and best marksman is distinguished because he closes one eye really tight while shooting
>every shot at a baddie is a headshot despite them sprinting to cover balls out
>gun fired right next to character's ear and they don't react at all
>unsuspecting female/kid/numale character knows how to use guns better than trained mercenaries
>bringing nothing but a knife to a gunfight just to show how badass you are
>stick a gun right into a captured guy's face because he would never attempt to disarm you
>suppressors reduce damage or accuracy AS A RULE
>action cycles far too slowly
>backwards guns (STALKER my suspension of disbelief will never forgive you)
>>
>>32413276
Wow, an action hero movie based off of DC Comics company, named Vertigo, was not being fully fathful to Real Life in this fantasy world where Britain has banned the Koran, that's how you know it's fake.

God, you sperged out too much
>>
>>32404045
I work in Hollywood and the problem isn't on the creative end. A lot of scripts don't have much detail in the way of describing weapons, tactics, etc. Even most war movies won't talk about the weapons used specifically, that's up to the property master to get the right stuff.

You can get a property master who knows his shit and gets good gear, but then the director can choose what the actor does with it. The stunt guy has to make it look right, or the actor.

Movies that show weapons and fighting well generally want realism and spend a lot of time and money getting it, and hiring plenty of experts. If they don't care about that stuff, then you get shit.

A lot of times still, you can have all the talent in the world to get it right, but shooting schedules are so fast that the take they end up using is retarded.

Even like in the original Judge Dredd movie, Stallone, who has been using guns in movies for 20 years at that point, racks a perfectly good round out of his handgun. Mistake? Bad take? Who knows
>>
>>32405341
So... Star wars?
>>
>>32402819
that scene is rogue one where they charge the AT AT on foot firing their pistols at it
>>
File: KINO.jpg (79KB, 924x659px) Image search: [Google]
KINO.jpg
79KB, 924x659px
>>32402819
>watch KINO
>see this

what do /k/?
>>
>>32403002
>switching rifle hands

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32407226
With cars it's mostly because the manufacturers don't want them to be destroyed in games.

Hence why one old NFS used only Porsche cars because they wanted to add some destruction models to them. If there's only one manufacturer it's okay, but if there's plenty it's bad because some of the cars may be more resistant than other
>>
>>32403812
Been watching x files

Regularly firing indoors, including concrete bunkers n shit, with no mention of

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32423629
listen carefully. the kube will whisper to you.
>>
>>32412832
Here is Keanu running drills at half speed. You tell me how real you think the gunplay looks.

https://youtu.be/tpr8oqyjKIc
>>
>>32416337
>>32415724
What's wrong with this? I don't know shit about shotgun suppressors.
>>
>>32417973
That's technically pretty much true, but that force goes into a gun which has a good deal of mass, which only after accelerating imparts some of that force onto you with relatively low power.

Meanwhile armor basically just changes the area the force is imparted on from a fine point to a grapefruit sized area.
>>
File: Salvo124.jpg (23KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Salvo124.jpg
23KB, 680x680px
>>32424127
nothing technically wrong with it, shotgun suppressor work, they just use a ported barrel extension to keep the petals from opening. Here's a SALVO12 opened up, it uses rails as a pseudo ported barrel.
>>
File: 1464917364328.jpg (49KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
1464917364328.jpg
49KB, 390x310px
>>32416606
>guy with little 22
>huge fucking BANG

holy fuck that surprised and I'm laughing my ass off
>>
>>32422698

Sounds like Escape from L.A.
>>
>>32403600
Found the retard.
>>
>>32403600

>Depending on the caliber this is possible.
Myth Busted, They disproved this on Myth Busters. It is a muscle reaction when some one is hit, but it is never enough to send them flying.

>assault rifles
>machine guns
>Now you are just being autistic
Machine guns is a real term, but it generally applies to an automatic weapon too heavy to carry. And assault rifle is a political term that was created by people that have no clue about firearms.

>Actually can be feasible and efficient in some cases.
Like how they shoot gangsta style? doesn't work, your aim will be off if trying to dual-wield, you can really only aim one weapon at a time.

>Depending on what it is it can like propane if the bullet is able to spark on the steel.
Nope, Myth Busters disproved this as well.
>>
File: 1434333208037s.jpg (4KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1434333208037s.jpg
4KB, 111x125px
>Aliens/super villain/whatever invade
>OH NO EVERYTHING IS USELESS AGAINST THEM
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.