[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pollack flare gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (199KB, 472x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 472x500px
What's the deal on these surplus flare guns? Are they any fun? Where do I buy flares for them? Seems like they run at around a $100 so I want to know if it's worth dropping a bill
>>
>>32398448
I have one, and they're the only flare gun that I know of that can actually shoot 12ga shells with the 12ga flare adapter.
>>
Yes, they are fun. 26.5mm flares run between $4 and $20 per shot, depending on what you are shooting. They can be found on gunbroker consistently.

I really don't know why I bought mine, but hey it's cool to have an over-sized break action pistol. Don't convert it to fire bullets without paying your cuck stamp :^)
>>
>>32398448
Where are you going to shoot the flares? Out innawoods? That's a great way to start a fire. Maybe out over the water? The USCG calls that a false distress call and they do prosecute for that. 14 U.S. Code ยง 88
>>
>>32398930
>Don't convert it to fire bullets without paying your cuck stamp
Wat.
The caliber conversion inserts that you can buy for them have ATF approval and don't require any stamp.
>>
>>32398930
>only $4-20 a shot

The places I've seen want $40 per round.
>>
>>32399064
The white parachute flares seem to be around $20 on gunbroker. Stars, rain and smoke range from $4 to $8 per shell.
>>
aren't there 12gauge inserts for these? sounds like a fun way to break your wrists
>>
Anyone know of the flares are reloadable? That might be worth having
>>
>>32399064

Try ExoticAmmo.com

>>32399324

There are 12ga flare inserts with 2.5" chambers and no forcing cone. Shooting mini shells would be illegal, but definitely won't break your wrist. ;-)

>>32399937

Yes, they are reloadable.
>>
>>32398448
I inherited a double barrel Nambu Type 90/holster from my Grampa a couple years ago. Literally it was impossible to find flares that fit it (28mm) so I borrowed my dad's lathe and machined 12 gauge aluminum inserts for it. Still too expensive to shoot regularly, even using 12 gauge flares. I usually just shoot it off on the 4th of July along with the customary fire crackers and bottle rockets. Glad to have it, it's a neat artifact, but personally I would never drop the cash on one.
>>
File: CPManual-3_Web.jpg (35KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
CPManual-3_Web.jpg
35KB, 600x448px
Not a flare gun but my buddy inherited a Federal Laboratories 1.5" Tear Gas Gun.
Is there anywhere to find a flare or rubber bullet that would fit it?
>>
i have a couple ww2 flare guns, one of the polish ones, and one of the czech flare rifles. i made a rifled 7.62 nagant converter but don't really use them for anything aside from shooting one once on the fourth of july. i rarely shoot any of my guns though.

>>32400972
http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/37_mm.html
>>
>>32399999
Cant let this post go unchecked. So checked
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.