[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What options are there for a tube-fed rifle in 5.56 or 7.62x39?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 781-166.jpg (39KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
781-166.jpg
39KB, 600x449px
What options are there for a tube-fed rifle in 5.56 or 7.62x39?
>>
>>32397655
None, the bullets are pointy so they would set off the primers if you stored them in a tube.
>>
>>32397684
>bullets
>>
>>32397695
>i'm retarded: the post
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>32397684
>bullets make primers go off
only firing pings do that, retard.
>>
None.

First there is this "tip of the bullet may set off the primer" thing, that has been somewhat busted but it's too ingrained by now, a tube fed rifle using spitzers would never catch on even if the risk was reduced to 0.

But I'd say it's mainly because 5.56 and x39 were designed from the ground up to be used in box magazine fed rifles, they are from a period where tubular mags were long obsolete. So you'd really have to go out of your way to design one and it probably wouldn't sell.

Tubular mags offer very few advantages over a box mag. Capacity is limited by barrel lenght, reloading is longer, no quick mag changes. I'd say the main thing is the hability to top off the mag with loose rounds at any moment (provided you don't have a Henry or similar), but you could do that with an SKS too.
Also tube mag offer a slimmer profile which might be useful for moving through dense brush when hunting. But a mag fed rifle with a 5 or 10 rounds mag will be almost as slim and have an equivalent capacity.

Anyway get a CZ 527.
>>
>>32398122
>reloading is longer
Well to be fair, it is easier to reload a fixed tube magazine than it is to reload a detachable magazine. Obviously you're going to have more than one detachable magazine so it isn't a concern, right? But if you did only have one magazine then a fixed magazine of any sort is arguably have that advantage. You can also top off a tube magazine.

Military application would be obsolete, but hunting would be fine.
>>
File: Model 7615 Ranch Carbine.jpg (799KB, 3288x656px) Image search: [Google]
Model 7615 Ranch Carbine.jpg
799KB, 3288x656px
>>32397655
None. There are none, because nobody would ever want that, you could have twice the capacity in a much more compact detachable box magazine.

>>32397695
Yes, 7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm both feature pointy spitzer bullets.

>>32397712
Really?

>>32398178
>it is easier to reload a fixed tube magazine than it is to reload a detachable magazine
No it isn't, swapping out a detachable magazine takes a second, filling a tube magazine takes many times that, even loading bullets into a detachable box magazine would typically be faster, at least in the case of the cartridges discussed, where the magazines are often double-stacked, and you can just press the cartridges straight down very easily.

If OP wants a higher capacity manual repeater in these cartridges, that's still slim, a pump-action rifle such as the M7615 does practically what he wants.
>>
>>32397695
Yes Anon, the bullets are what set off the primer when spitzers are placed in a tube you stupid fuck.
>>
>>32397655
this might be the stupidest thing i have seen today congrats op
>>
>>32397655
I suppose what you could do is get an old French Lebel rifle, and then handload the 8mm Lebel cartridges with similar weight and velocity to 7.62x39mm

It'd be a fucking roundabout way of doing it, but it's basically the easiest way to get what you want. Personally, I think you should just get a rifle in .30-30, almost the same thing
>>
>>32397737
>only firing pings do that, retard.

Lurk more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJmOxIklDc
>>
File: SAM_0534.jpg (1011KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0534.jpg
1011KB, 1920x1080px
>>32398849
disgusting, go with the best pump action ever made and buy an extended mag for it.
>>
>>32400660
his video proves how incredibly unlikely it is.

>>32400699
i forgot to mention the model
>Remington model 760.
>>
>>32398849
I was about to ask why this even exists and then I remembered places like Ausfailia and Commiefornia are actual places
>>
>>32400660
>>32400714
Shit I linked the wrong video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atnBbYZYl7I

It may be unlikely, but I sure wouldn't want to be around if it happens.
>>
While the semi-auto 742/7400 is a piece of shit, surprisingly- the pump 760/7600 has actually turned out to be surprisingly accurate and reliable. I'd like to build a 18" 760 in '06, put a Williams receiver sight on it, do a trigger job to it- it'd be perfect for behind the seat of the pick-up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.