[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /K/ think of the CZ-75 SP01?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

File: cz-usa-cz-75-sp-011.png (306KB, 753x502px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-75-sp-011.png
306KB, 753x502px
What does /K/ think of the CZ-75 SP01?
>>
great gun. next thread
>>
Good but the ak 47 is better
>>
I've one and a p01. I have probably put 4000 rounds through it. It has failed plenty, but I blame the cheap ammo i like to buy. It has failed less than any of my other comparable pistols with the exception of the p226, which i would say it is on par with.

I enjoy it. The DA pull is mediocre but totally functional. If you're weak you'll have trouble racking the slide. My girl friends have trouble with it. Should be an issue if you are a halfway functional human being. I'm 6' 150 lbs but i work with my hands here and there.

Wouldn't suggest you carry it for more than an hour or so. Pretty heavy. Night sights are very nice if you aren't yet used to them.

Cajun gun works offers parts to fix uo the trigger, but I haven't gotten around to it for the few years I've owned it because the pull isn't that bad. It just isn't great.

If I could only have one full-size i would choose it over my 92, p226, g19, px4, or 1911. Buy it used if money is an issue for you. I see them for 500 in TX all the time.

Side note, my p266 has issues with mags getting caught up on the mag release occasionally upon insertion and dropping. Any ideas?
>>
File: 20161204_201949-1.jpg (3MB, 1727x2895px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_201949-1.jpg
3MB, 1727x2895px
>>32395980
Love mine
Such a smooth shooting gun.
The perfect range gun
Accuracy is extremely god due to god teir Ergonomics.
CZs make you shoot well.

Cons:
Some ppl have trouble pulling the slide.(I don't).
Machining marks in non critical areas
Trigger reset is very long
I like the heavy DA pull, some don't.
Trigger is nothing special

Have a total of 2,145 RDS though mine.
Almost all 115gr blazer brass.
3 minor malfunctions, all due to the mags.
Got Mecgear ones and they function perfectly

If I were you, I would buy the p-01
It's basically the same gun, but you can CC is far easier.
(Yes I CC a sp-01, I know it's dumb)
>>
Don't buy it if you have baby grip and struggle to pull the slide.
>>
>>32398022
What do you mean mag related jams?

CZ mags? What for of failure?
>>
>>32397974
What pistol would you recommend that has the ability to be carried for a while comfortably while still being large enough to still be enjoyable to shoot at the range?
>>
>>32398053
glock
a standard 75 b works too its just the sp01 thats heavy
>>
>>32395980
It's trash
>>32398053
G19, PPQ.
>>
>>32398042
3 misfeeds due to the mags.
The stock mags are a bit lose and if you touched the mag in a certain way it would missfeed.

The Mecgear stuff fits tighter in the gun.

Ironically Mecgear is the OEM supplier for CZ, idk why the mags are that different in quality.

>>32398053
A p-01 or p-07
Glock fags hate CZs because CZs are simply better guns.
And they know it.
They will spew reliability bullshit and complain about machining marks.

>>32398082
>Calls a cz trash
>Posts a Glock
My roommates g19 has jammed the most out of the guns we own.

6/10 I replied
>>
>>32398194
>My roommates g19 has jammed the most out of the guns we own.
Ok cool.
>>
hey dudes, I just got my first gun. breddy gud?
its a CZ-75 SP-01. fug I can't upload so its getting tossed onto imgur.
>>
>>32398382
http://imgur.com/a/IpOj9
>>
>>32398053
>What pistol would you recommend that has the ability to be carried for a while comfortably while still being large enough to still be enjoyable to shoot at the range?

I'm this guy >>32397974
I have the p01 and a flock 19. They're both good guns, but I really don't like the clock. Here is why:

I had not been to my dads house in 4 months or so and was working late scraping spray paint off of windows from vandals at my shop. It was around midnight and I got pissy due to a cramp in my arm and fingers. I went to treat myself to chacho's, a mediocre mexican drive through. I got my food and was still kind of angry and didn't want to go to my home in the country which was 40 minutes away. I swing by my dad's at around 1 30, wake him up, and we bullshit for fifteen minutes. He gets a call saying alarms x y and z are going off at his store which is a few very short blocks down the road. I grabbed the g19 and he grabbed an SA vaquero i think. We get there and the front door to his very high end shop is shattered. He, being old and sort of slow isn't wearing shoes so I hand him my phone dialing 911 and I walk in to clear the place thinking they had busted a hole in the back of the place to escape. Which is absurd, but hey, I didn't want them to get away with potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise. I clear the place, no one is there. Cop gets there 15 minutes later and I show him the surveillance footage. Missed the guy by 40 seconds. Fucker did more damage than he stole. Black guy with a crowbar. Knew where the light switch was. Anyway, the next day I walk down to my little pond and see a gar, fire then get a jam. Emptied the mag into the dirt. Three jams total in one mags. Makes ya think... Good ammo too. I think it was gold dot. Gen 2.

It also just feels bad to me. Really prefer my p01, but if the clock feels better to you- go for it. I'm sure your luck will be better than mine.

>>32398194
>>
>>32398194
Weird, my mec gar mags are flawless as are my factory mags.

Clocks are fine guns, but chances are if you prefer the grip angle of a CZ you won't like.

>>32398382
Learn to shoot well with it. Anything will work if you are good and a little lucky. Enjoy it. Keep it oiled and don't mar the finish when taking it down.
>>
>>32398482
should i wipe it down before i get to using it? what should I use for a cloth? anything?
>>
Great gun, stock mags are trash. Really weak mag springs for some reason.
>>
>>32398482
The factory cz mags work.fine.
It's just they are sensitive.

They have a lot more wiggle than the mecgear ones.
>>32398382
You did fine
You won't find a more comfortable gun in that price range.
>>
>>32398568
yeah, it was 675 after tax. oof, seems like a lot but i think it'll be worth it.
>>
>>32398542
>should i wipe it down before i get to using it? what should I use for a cloth? anything?
Generally, you want to clean the bore with any new gun before firing, but I don't think it matters that much.

Just keep the internals oiled. Externals too I guess. Rust will happen to any gun. Let's see, a drop or two on each rail of slide and frame. Wipe away any excess.

Learn how to clean it well. I like CLP, but if I am cleaning / oiling all my guns I'll use motor oil because it is cheaper. Paper towels are fine, old but clean socks, dishrags whatever. Just wash your hands well afterwards.

I also like to shoot the cheapest ammo i can find, which is usually steel case. I avoid tulammo unless it is very cheap because the primers aren't great and it is more inconsistent then monarch or wolf in my experience. Just clean your chamber well after shooting lacquered steel then going to brass for defense.

Any other questions?

Oh yeah, buy mec gar. They make the CZ factory mags and are cheaper.

>>32398568
Well, that is not great. Strange. One of us got lucky i guess. Mine fit great.
>>
>>32395980
Over priced. The Turks can make the same shit at almost half the cost with better machining and finishes.
>>
>>32398648
where do you get those extra magazines? are they affordable?
>>
>>32395980
hell of a shotgun
>>
>>32398663
What do you mean where?

Online? Try slick guns. It is an aggregator for deals. Shop around. Expect to pay 25 - 30 per mag.

I don't like the 19 rounds because they aren't flush. Just preference though.

Which state do you live in?
>>
Overpriced Czech crap with machining that looks like an earthquake happened during milling

The controls are not ergonomic
The gun is made for people with woman hands
Small slide area for manipulation
Lockup design is prone to breaking slide stops since it uses the slide stop pin to cam the barrel rather than a locking block like a Sig or Glock (P series polymer frame guns are different)
Trigger return springs break pretty commonly too but this is actually being addressed now by CZ and CGW

Despite all of this, /k/ loves them for some reason but remember that these are also the same people shooting with Weaver stance and/or teacup grip in 2016
>>
File: 20160626_160718-1.jpg (3MB, 2105x2376px) Image search: [Google]
20160626_160718-1.jpg
3MB, 2105x2376px
>>32398542
Ya like the other guy said, clean it and oil it.
My CZ likes a 50 weight oil
Any gun oil will work though.

>>32398643
Mine was $700 after taxes and the FFL fee bullshit

>>32398663
I got mine from cheaper than dirt.
They sell a 17rd flush fit and 19rd mags for The sp-01.
Like $25 if I remember.

You can cut a bit of the factory box foam, and an extra 17rd mag will fit in it.
(like the top left space that comes with a Allen key stock)
>>
File: 1450919080583.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450919080583.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>32398774
(You)
>>
>>32398801
It's not bait when it's true, friendo
>>
>>32398774

I own to many pistols to call a CZ 75 shit. It just isn't. I am sorry if internal machining marks bother you. They don't interfere with performance

The controls are pretty damn ergonomic for me and I have slightly above average sized hands.

As for the woman hands, ok? I don't know how to respond to that. It feels great to me.

The small slide is an issue if you are a woman or old or just have very weak hands in general. I am stronger than most, but plenty of my better educated friends who are less strong than me can work it with no problem so long as they are male. Still not sure why you think it was designed for female hands...

My last girlfriends little brother spent a weekend racking and and manipulating the slide stop. Fucker must have done it 2 thousand times no issues. Although, I did buy a cz p07 years ago that had the trigger bar fail. It would only shoot sideways and after I pulled the trigger. Weird. Traded it back to my dealer for a p01.

They're great guns. I have most of the major brands and can honestly say I like them more than just about anything.

I know this is a board for enthusiasts so your bound to be opinionated, but it gets old. Pretty much any modern pistol from a major manufacturer will be a great gun these days. There are exceptions of course, but come on. The over opinionated shit is getting old.
>>
>>32398788
cool, I just checked mecgar's web store and they have em for like 43 bucks each. lol nah.

>allen key
oh yeah, where else can I put that? can it go in the front part with brushes?

should I keep a cloth in the case as well as a small bottle of oil?
>>
>>32398774
>The gun is made for people with woman hands
>Small slide area for manipulation

i want one but will never buy one.
the 97 though is tits
>>
File: 20161204_202200.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_202200.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>32398998
Those same mags are $25 on cheaper than dirts website.

I keep the oil, brush and Allen key sepertly in a cleaning kit.

>>32399147
The small slide was an issue my first time out with the gun.
Never bothered me since.
It's a non issue that Glock fags linger on.

I've also been told the cz97 isn't all that great.
>>
>>32399235
hey, I have a question. is the slide supposed to stay open if you have the safety on?
>>
>>32399313
hmm, nevermind, it looks like its supposed to do that if there's a magazine loaded
>>
I wish i could fucking find one. Those things are like unicorns in California. You hear about them, and some stores claim to have them, but they always sell out before I can ever track one down.

I settled for a regular CZ-75B which does the job just fine.
>>
>>32395980
Pot-metal jammomatics with a spray paint finish machined in one of the most drunken countries in Europe. You get what you pay for. At least you did, back when they went for like 400 bucks and were better made. Since the release of COD black ops, there has been a surge in interest in these guns (not among police or military or anyone who shoots more than once a year though).
>>
>>32399147
The 97 actually uses a Sig lockup like the P series
I'd maybe buy one if I had to move to a blue state with mag size laws but i dont like the CZ75 guns

>>32399644
Double dubs speaks the truth
Two pair ;^)
>>
File: 1453009327203.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1453009327203.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>32399644
Jesus bait is getting worse and worse.
At least put some effort Into it.
>>
>>32395980
>What does /K/ think of the CZ-75 SP01?

Meh, I have a pre B. Sell me on it, CZ.
>>
>>32398918
>I know this is a board for enthusiasts
No, it's a board full of poor, uneducated retards with a dash of 6 fig niggas trolling for lolz thrown in,
>>
cz 75 sp01 tactical fag here. Love it. Wish I could conceal carry it. The night sights aren't as good as they used to be when I got it though.
>>
>>32397974
>I have probably put 4000 rounds through it. It has failed plenty, but I blame the cheap ammo i like to buy.

I've put 5000 rds of cheap ammo thu a Glock 19 with exactly one stovepipe. So what exactly is "failed plenty" mean exactly? Doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in CZs...
>>
>>32395980
I have an SP01, a Tactical Sport, and a pre-B police trade-in in horrific shape.

They feel good in the hand and point well...and that's where the pros on the pre-B and SP01 end. The triggers are meh in single action and horrible in double action, the trigger shape is designed for 1960's soviet-slav malnourished manlets and pinches my and everybody else that I've let shoot it's trigger finger. They rust at a moist glance, ESPECIALLY the pre-B. The finish on the exterior of the SP01 is basically grill enamel and chips easily, though in very small flakes. The barrel is completely unfinished and will literally rust during the trip from my humidity-controlled safe to the range if the weather's over about 70% humidity (which where I live is like 10 months out of the year). Obviously with the frame being an aluminum alloy that isn't an issue.

The SP01 and Tactical Sport are very accurate. The TS damn well better be for a thousand dollar semicustom gun designed specifically for competition shooting. They're both beaten by several of my equally expensive 1911's, but not by much.

The pre-B is NOT, it's literally the second least accurate gun I've ever touched, only surpassed by a sewer-bored JC Higgins .22lr revolver my grandad kept in his bathroom closet in central Florida for 45 years without ever cleaning it. And as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with the barrel or slide lockup, the exterior's rough as shit but the bore is pretty much pristine and the crown is intact and in good shape.

I would not recommend a current-production CZ product that isn't the Tactical Sport or Czechmate, their SAO trigger is much much better than either the standard CZ trigger or the Omega trigger. The non-competiton CZ's are incredibly overpriced for what you get. If you want a CZ-format pistol, the various Turkroach clones are 99.9% as good for 40% the cost, or pick up a police trade-in 75B or pre-B on gunbroker for ~$250.
>>
>>32401413
Ran out of room.
>reliability
Ironically, I've never had a single jam, misfeed, or anything else with the pre-B. I can't say the same for the SP01, it misfeeds with regularity with every mag I've ever tried. I can expect a stovepipe at least once every 30 rounds pretty much regardless of which mags or ammo I'm using, and it's been back to CZ twice for it. The Tactical Sport does not like cold-loaded ammo and will short stroke with some of my lighter handloads (that cycle all my other 9's with no issues) and WWB, and has a weird ejection pattern with Federal value-packs and Perfecta (throws the brass about a foot straight up, usually landing on the bill of my hat), but if I'm feeding it NATO-spec or hotter ammo it's fine.

CZ puts some very good sights on the guns, I will give them that.

I have around 11,000 rounds through the pre-B, around 1700 through the SP01, and over 30,000 rounds through the TS.
>tfw paid about $190 for the pre-B off gunbroker around 6 years ago
>>
>>32401413
The "unfinished barrel" is stainless steel. What the fuck are you doing with it, taking a swim in the ocean?
>>
>>32401732
All three of mine are CHF carbon steel though.
>>
File: CZ rust.png (159KB, 489x893px) Image search: [Google]
CZ rust.png
159KB, 489x893px
>>32401732
If it's actually supposed to be stainless, CZ is doing something horribly horribly wrong.

Rusting barrels is literally the PRIMARY complaint with CZ's.
>>
>>32401732
>what the fuck are you doing with it
Gee I dunno, maybe
>and will literally rust during the trip from my humidity-controlled safe to the range if the weather's over about 70% humidity
Sure would be nice if you could read.
>>
>>32401413
Finally an honest CZ reveiw
>>
>>32401839
Does your trip to the range involve a nice dip in the Dead Sea, then?

I've never kept my 75B in any sort of humidity controlled environment, and never had issues even on warm and humid days. Can only assume you're doing something fucky.
>>
>>32401884
>take gun out of safe
>put in foam-lined hard pistol case
>put pistol case in range bag
>put range bag in truck cab
>drive ~10 minutes to range
>open range bag
>open pistol case
>rust on pistol
>total elapsted time under 20 minutes
>happens literally every single fucking time I take the pre-B or SP01 to the range
The Tactical Sport has never had a spot of rust on it, including the barrel. Ostensibly it's the exact same barrel make as the SP01, but it very clearly is not.
>>
I honestly love my SP01, super accurate, nonexistent recoil. The trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired however. I have the SP01 Tactical and the trigger is nothing to write home about about 4lb single action, but the reset is sort of long. Great shooter though, no rust problems.
>>
>>32401995
Do you have any pics?
Preferably pics from every time its happened to you.
Before anyone calls me a fanboy I should mention I want to love CZ but am continually disappointed by the quality of their finish and therefore don't own one.
>>
If the original CZs have problems with rusting, shitty finishes and machining marks, would I be better off shelling out for the fancy Sphinx SDP clones?
>>
File: 20161222_000510.jpg (704KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_000510.jpg
704KB, 2048x1152px
>>32402132
Here's my SP01 with rust spots on it I couldn't fully polish out from the last outing
>>
File: 20161222_000456.jpg (1014KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_000456.jpg
1014KB, 2048x1152px
>>32402198
Other side of the barrel
>>
>>32401995
maybe theres moisture in the foam case?
>>
>>32402229
I've tried like 8 different cases.

Also I keep the cases (empty) in the safe too, so if there was it should've dried out between trips.
>>
>>32402248
oh, okay. I just wanted to eliminate that variable
>>
>>32402272
I should also note that I've got about a dozen pistols and those are the only two that have EVER rusted. And that includes a homebuild 1911 made with a carbon steel Caspian frame and slide and carbon steel Nowlin barrel that I used with NO finish on it for 2 years before getting it cerakoted.
>>
>>32402346
I just got in this thread so forgive me if you've already said this but have you contacted CZ? That's ridiculous. My 75b hasn't had any issues like that at all and I live in a pretty humid place
>>
>>32402385
The SP01 has been back to the factory twice already for ejection issues, and I've mentioned the rust issue a few times to the response of "oil it faggot", which I do (with good oil, FP10). Obviously a police trade-in pre-B from the 80's isn't gonna be covered by any warranty, and it's missing enough finish I honestly can't blame anybody for the frame rusting.
>>
>>32398456
you need to go back to elementary school, 90% of that story isn't even fucking relevant to the discussion
>>
>>32402439
I'm pretty floored by your problems with the sp01. The pre-b I can understand, but for a new(ish) firearm to be having those problems is ridiculous. I've got friends who have put thousands of rounds through their sp01 barrels with no issues whatsoever. From what you're saying it sounds like a shit barrel, so if it's under warranty maybe CZ would replace it
>>
>>32402502
They've already replaced it once in conjunction with the ejection issues, pretty much the only original part left of the slide assembly is the slide itself. Same issue with the second barrel, which only has about 900 rounds through it out of the ~1700 the gun has total.

And again, it's supposed to be the same steel as in the Tactical Sport, which has never rusted on me.

And from reading around on the internet, this has been a long standing and persistent problem with basically every model of CZ ever made. But I was happy enough with my pre-B I bought it anyway.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>32395980
Love mine. Takes a bit more cleaning than a plastic gun, but sure as fuck is satisfying to shoot.
>>
File: IMG_20160806_135911_132.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160806_135911_132.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I enjoy my polished blued Sp-01 orange.

Has a high cut as well as the shitty factory checkering removed.
>>
>>32401319
I am this guy. >>32398456

If you read my original post you would have noticed that I said it is more reliable than my block 19. I don't know it has probably failed a few dozen times. Some of my ammo is world class terrible though. Old israeli & norinco surplus that wasn't stored properly and was subsonic to begin with..
>>
>>32402495
I felt like sharing my experiences with the pistol that is always brought up in CZ threads. Out of curiosity, why did you make that post? What did you intend to accomplish?

I think this board could be very cool if we just turned down the hatred and directed it a little better.
>>
File: 20161219_130054.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_130054.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32395980

Don't own one, but I do own a P-01. Very nice gun, but a bitch to carry IWB for me since it's so bulky. I do like to carry it in a paddle or shoulder holster from time to time though.

>idort
>>
Should I upgrade my bought-used 75b Omega to the new convertible model or to the SP01? Money isn't much of an issue since I would sell the omega but I'm just wondering if it's worth an upgrade.
>>
Only gunsmith cats fags like the CZ
>>
File: CZ-P-10-C_R-900x536.jpg (114KB, 900x536px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-P-10-C_R-900x536.jpg
114KB, 900x536px
when will this hit stores
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.