[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK legal carry thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: UKLEGALCARRYKNIFE.jpg (393KB, 1275x760px) Image search: [Google]
UKLEGALCARRYKNIFE.jpg
393KB, 1275x760px
Let's discuss decent knives you can legally carry in the UK (Non locking, cutting edge under 3"...)
>>
Don't be a loon
Bin that spoon
>>
>>32394247

First up, the Svord Peasent. Obvious choice due to the extended tang. Pretty much impossible to close on your fingers and very affordable.

The mini version is UK legal for carry out of the box. The full sized version can be modded by grinding 4mm or so off the cutting edge (at the handle end).

http://sportingcutlery.co.uk/svord-mini-peasant-blade-6-4cm
>>
>>32394247
>Why do you have this knife, peasant.
>What is your occupation?
>Your masters have decided you have insufficient justification to carry this knife, slave. Into the rape cage with you.
>>
File: 5667835685678956.jpg (220KB, 758x562px) Image search: [Google]
5667835685678956.jpg
220KB, 758x562px
>>32394247

Boker Plus XS.

Very heavy slip joint with a thumb stud opening. Finger choil makes it pretty much impossible to close on your fingers. Pointy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSH5oZ9bIGM
>>
Spyderco UKPK and variants

>/bread
>>
>>32394247
>Non locking
isn't that...dangerous?
>>
>>32395066
that's not the worst of it, almost all multi-tools have locking blades which is a huge pro everywhere on the world except in cuckland.
>>
>>32394247
just carry a hammer with you.
>>
>>32395230
you. i like you
>>
>>32394247
>Non locking, cutting edge under 3"
Jesus Christ. Why the fuck did you Brits let this fucking happen?!
>>
God fucking damn! England makes Commiefornia look like the wild west!
>>
File: TEnF9UN.gif (4MB, 475x354px) Image search: [Google]
TEnF9UN.gif
4MB, 475x354px
>>32394247
Americunt here. Is there a good guide to self defense for when I visit Bongistan?
>>
>>32394247
no knife 4 u
>>
>>32396736
Don't wear a belt so you can drop your trousers for the rapefugees faster. They're less likely to decapitate you that way
>>
>>32396736
buy a rape alarm and don't try to hurt or intimidate your attacker

source: the britbong cops
>>
>>32394247
What's the point of have a knife for self defence? You'll just go to prison if you use it.
>>
>British cops dont carry guns and legally cannot inflict pain on you
>British cops need 15-30 police to arrest one person with a knife
>Can claim in court knife if for religious purposes and get acquitted 100% of the time

Why are brits afraid of being caught if their cops and justice systems are a joke?
>>
>>32394247
even if your shit is legal the bobbys are going to jam your shit up because UK is cucked and nobody is allowed to carry for protection. you guys live under a monarchy, time to join democracy boys
>>
>>32396736
If it is going to be long term, then consider a decent knife and know only to attack if he attacks first. Get good at dodging.

If it is just a week visit, then you should be just fine. I was in some of the shadiest of the shady late night and never had an issue. Just be vigilant and look up some guides on how to effectively dodge and run from an armed attacker should there be an emergency.
>>
>>32398809
I do judo, FMA, and parkour (and defensive pistol and carbine), I was more wondering about duty to retreat, excessive force, and that sort of thing.

>>32398418
I've got a pretty loud rape alarm made by Smith & Wesson.

>>32398410
I'm not wearing any trousers ;-)
>>
File: 1466754042604.jpg (247KB, 2197x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1466754042604.jpg
247KB, 2197x1465px
>>32398523
>British cops don't carry guns and legally cannot inflict pain on you
>Dude got shot dead by police in hull last month
>>
File: brit police gun.jpg (275KB, 1028x794px) Image search: [Google]
brit police gun.jpg
275KB, 1028x794px
>>32396736
Most meme replies you get are from non-Britbongs. The law specifically states you can do as much damage as you want if you feel the threat is warranted. If a guy comes at you with a knife, you'll be able to defend yourself with a metal bar, for example.

If your home is invaded, you can theoretically kill somebody.

You won't need self-defence anywhere outside of London or Birmingham. Why the fuck would you want to go there ANYWAY? Museums and shit, maybe, but there is better shit in the country.

London is the CCTV capital of the world, so you're always being monitored and cops and shit are everywhere, usually armed. So nobody will start shit in the public areas.

>>32398523
What?
>>
>>32398544
>you guys live under a monarchy, time to join democracy boys

It's amazing how somebody can be so wrong in so few words.

1. Monarchy =! Constitutional Monarchy. Queen has no formal powers.
2. The USA is a Democratic Republic, not a Democracy.

t. American who isn't retarded
>>
>>32398544
democracy is shit
>>
>>32394247
>Non locking
What, really?
That's a fucking safety feature, not a deadly baby-stabbing assault knife feature
I don't use knives without a good sturdy lock after watching a coworker slip and essentially scissor his first couple fingers halfway off because the lock on his shitty walmart folder broke
>>
>>32394247

I work as a forester, means I can carry just about any size blade I want to and not have a problem.
>>
>>32400530
queen has formal land ownership of a vast majority of the country. which makes her quite powerful even as a private citizen.
>>
These are without a doubt the best legal to carry slipjoints I've ever seen. They shit all over anything from Sheffield. Good steel, great fit and finish, very robust and strong for a slipjoint, not wobble. I have the older version but I would reccomend these to anyone.

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/tbs-boar-folding-pocket-knife---turkish-walnut---perfect-every-day-carry-knife---mark-ii-16332-p.asp

>>32396736
Here's my tips for visiting the UK:
1. Don't fucking come to the UK! It's a shithole, you probably don't need me to tell you this though. If you want to see our museums and history you can use the internet, if you want to see quaint old villages use the internet, but there's nothing else good about the place. The landscape is ruined, the people are cunts, the govt is out of control and virtually anywhere else is better. Especially the US.

2. If you do find yourself in the UK stay the fuck out of cities. They're shitholes. Only exceptions are places like Sailsbury, Durham etc. If someone describes it as a 'small, Cathedral city' then it's probably alright. All the major ones are shit. London is a containment zone for stuff so cancerous even the rest of England doesn't want to deal with it, think about that for a moment; it's really that bad.
>>
>>32402786
Same, with good reason you can carry anything I had a BK7 as my EDC for quite a while before switching to a Becker remora and a maxpedition folder
>>
>>32402786
At all times, or just while going to/from work? Like, could you have a Bowie while on vacation in another city or whatever?
>>
>>32403093
mancfag here, can confirm that cities are utter fucking wank in the UK

can't count on one hand how many times I've been in town and heard "eazy senpai yo u lookin 2 buy a ben Bro?" and either it ends in the transaction being successful, fist fights or stabbing
>>
File: rBVaGFUdBy-AA0UpAAKV_Ie8VZ0131.jpg (46KB, 667x375px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaGFUdBy-AA0UpAAKV_Ie8VZ0131.jpg
46KB, 667x375px
>>32394247
from the points you give a small karambit would be the best and still deadly
>>
>>32396736
Aaply for diplomatic immunity and then bring a gun with high capacity clipazines.
>>
>>32394247
>Let's discuss decent knives you can legally carry in the UK (Non locking, cutting edge under 3"...)
Actually, you can legally carry any knife as long as you can show justification - many people don't understand that about UK law.

Just like many people don't realise you can still legally own a pistol.

When out shooting, I carry a CRTK M16 spearpoint non-serrated.
>>
>>32403893
You would have difficulty justifying having that in your pocket
>>
>>32403984
>(Non locking, cutting edge under 3"...)
its fit to these points

you dont have to justify if you dont break law
its your right
>>
>>32403996
Carrying an offensive weapon is not a right. You'd have to explain why you carry it and for what purpose.

At best, you'd get a caution and have it confiscated. At worst, you'd get a conviction.
>>
>>32404005
(Cont)
Further example - a straight razor is folding, less than 3" and non-locking. So it would meet the law more than your karambit. Do you think you'd get away with having a straight razor in your top jacket pocket?
>>
>>32404005
either it i forbidden by law or not
you dont have to discuess or justify anything
>>
>>32404012
It's forbidden to carry as it's not a folder
>It is illegal to carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62cm) or less
Source: https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives
Note the folding requirement.

>you dont have to discuess or justify anything
You don't understand UK law
>A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.
Source - same website
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (13KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
13KB, 300x200px
>>32404023
>Note the folding requirement.
op didnt mention
folding without locker thats fits only to razor blades

i would suggesting holding in karambit style so the force goes to the back and dont unfolding it
>>
>>32404012
You're an idiot

''I'M A FREE CITIZEN'' won't hold up in court
>>
>>32394247
https://youtu.be/osgsBogh9wE
>>
>>32403965
What a fucking cuck.
No you can't. Not like Americans.

Lock that ammo and gun away at your local police department armory lol.
>>
>>32404012
It's only illegal for certain people.
Street hoodlems will never legally be able to obtain S5 permits for restricted firearms.
"Legitimate" "businessmen" from Essex will though... they won't harm you... or at least won't let the police file a report
>>
>>32403965
what is the point of owning a firearm if you can't use it to defend yourself and either it's going to be taken by a sand nigger if you don't shoot him or taken by police for seemingly any reason they can think of, either way; jail. hey, but at least you won't see your attacker in jail if he survives, because they won't charge him with a thing and he'll walk off scott free

it's fucking insane to me to see this thread and british people asking what nonlocking knife is best to illegally defending yourself
how can you think that is acceptable or just plain not totally fucking crazy
>>
>>32403893

A kerambit is a liability to your safety in a self defense situation if you have no prior boxing or even basic child-level martial arts training.

Not knowing how to use your body defensively is a great way to get seriously hurt and victimized. Being an untrained mallninja teenager with a counter strike knife is a fantastic way to lose the court's sympathy on the off chance that you don't end up getting killed yourself for trying to use the kerambit. in real life.
>>
>>32404082

why would you live in a country that does not respect or trust you enough to protect yourself, your property, and your family?
>>
>>32404115
>What a fucking cuck.
Ah, starting with ad hominems - always a good way to contribute to a debate or discussion. Normally I'd stop there, as you are clearly educationally sub-normal. However:
>No you can't.
I assume this refers to my sentence here
>you can legally carry any knife as long as you can show justification
I'd refer you to this phrase
>carry a knife in public without good reason
on this website
https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

So if I'm a forester clearing scrub I can carry a machete - extreme example, but you get my drift. I actually carry a locking knife when I shoot, as I have, I believe, a good reason.

Now if you refer to this
>many people don't realise you can still legally own a pistol.
This is perfectly true, if you can convince the police. One well-known acceptable reason is for dispatching large game such as deer or wild boar when they have been wounded and gone to ground in undergrowth, where a clear shot with a rifle would be difficult.

>Lock that ammo and gun away at your local police department armory lol.
Again, showing your ignorance (or poor trolling). My rifles and shotguns and their ammunition are locked up at home.

is it as easy as in the USA, with the 2nd Amendment? No.
Is it possible to own and keep firearms in the UK? Yes.
>>
>>32404166
HURRRRR I CHOSE WHERE I WAS BORN
>>
>>32396736
You probably don't need it but bring a pen knife or something.

>>32400513
>You won't need self-defence anywhere outside of London or Birmingham.

You barely need self-defence there unless you head into one of the dodgier districts, which takes an idiot to do. I've lived in or near Birmingham all my life and the only time I've actually been a victim of crime was when my car was broken into whilst I was in Ireland, of all places.
>>
>>32398523
>I've never been to Britain and I get my news from foreign tabloids: The Post

>>32398544
I own a shotgun and several air rifles and the police have never been anything other than cordial to me. Maybe you should get your news from somewhere other than /pol/?

also why would we ditch our monarchy? We make billions of pounds every year just from you Yanks coming over here and taking photos of the shiny crests on our postboxes, and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that all money from royal estates goes to Parliament. Queen Liz prints money for us (both literally and figuratively) while you lot are stuck with a head of state that half of your population despise and a separation of powers that makes your government impotent.
>>
>>32404242
Fellow Brit here - I'm this guy
>>32404171

I like you.
>>
>>32396736
Rape whistle, stern words and not using a a deo
>>
>>32404218
It was payback for bloody Sunday fella. No black and tan car is safe.
>>
>>32395066
that's entirely the point.
>>32395230
ok, now justify that you're about to immediately use it some something non-violent to the nice policemen or you get held in remand untul your trial in about 18months.
>>32402876
not to mention a fucking army that swears loyalty to her driec up cunt not the actual people of the nations.
>>
>>32404421
>not to mention a fucking army that swears loyalty to her driec up cunt not the actual people of the nations
Interesting point, but one advantage of the loyal oath is that the government doesn't have the Commander in Chief who can turn the army against the people (at least in theory), unlike in the USA where the President is also CiC.
>>
>>32400513
>If your home is invaded, you can theoretically kill somebody.
good one, britbong
>>
File: 1464767616933.png (694KB, 528x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1464767616933.png
694KB, 528x1239px
>>32394315
>sportingcutlery.co.uk

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32404497
UK law is bullshit and inconsitent, and we don't have a codified constitution like America so everything is subject to change at someone's whim.

But there was a case a couple years ago where two, I think, guys broke into someone's house and she shot them with his shotgun, or at least one of them. The judge literally said "If you break into a gun owner's home expect to get shot.". I don't believe the guy was ever charged with anything at all. Not defending this country, but strange things can happen.

Actually, first result in google.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9569359/Expect-to-be-shot-if-you-burgle-gun-owners-judge-warns-criminals.html
>>
>>32404183
You choose where you live currently though - at least for the most part. You're an adult, aren't you?
>>
>>32404548
>we don't have a codified constitution like America so everything is subject to change at someone's whim
which is why the legality and processes for things like magazines, concealed carry, stand your ground and background checks vary from state to state
>>
Laguiole style knives, Douk douk...
I'm guessing cuckland considers Opinels to be "locking"
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.