[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light weight AK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1132961246959.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1132961246959.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
I have a small stockpile of 7.62x39, and use an AKM clone, but it's not exactly light (fixed wood stock, etc).

what can i do to make it lighter or is there an AK variant that is super light suitable for backpacking?
>>
>>32393091

your only option is a krinkov pistol

anything else is going to cost you a retarded shitload of money

alternatively you could sell the akm to get a one year membership at the gym, get swole as fuck and then go buy an RPK when you're a man
>>
>>32393091
Amd 65 super light feels lighter then other ak I have holded.
>>
>>32393091
AKM-U? But I think they are extremely rare to find and probably expensive.
>>
Get one of the polish underfolder AKs, they are light, due to the lack of a heavy ass wood stock
>>
>>32393091
VZ-58
Not an AK varian though.
>>
>>32393091
start lifting.
AKM without any 1337 accessories is lightweight as fuck. Even more so with Polymer mags.
>>
>>32393091
poly furniture. poly mags. You can get old Russian black/plum poly furniture for like $60-70 on the AK forums. Theres also modern repros available on Kvar and the such, as well as stuff like the Magpul ones. You can also do something like this, which installs like a regular stock set. The handguards and wire stock would be lightweight, and the it folds for compactness.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AKM-WIRE-FOLDING-STOCK-SET-COMPLETE-NEW-p149.htm

Alternatively, you could stop being a little bitch.
>>
File: VZ-58 - 3.jpg (209KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
VZ-58 - 3.jpg
209KB, 1280x960px
>>32393496
This. And I use 10rd mags to keep it even lighter.
Then I have a small belt pouch with a spare 10rd mag, and 30rds in stripper clips in the other mag cell. Comfy.
The folder stock makes it pretty small and easy to take around.
>>
>>32394465
>>32393496

I love my Vz but it's basically the same weight as a stamped AK when you consider the pinned brake or 16" barrel compared to the military issued length
>>
File: 20160908_232748.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_232748.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32393091
AMD-65 and wrist-braced Draco are what I hand my gf for hiking while I carry the RPK.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.