[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a live .22lr stuck inside my suppressor, it appears to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 20161221_180645.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_180645.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I have a live .22lr stuck inside my suppressor, it appears to be a press fit jobby and not able to be dismantled. Any ideas on how to get it out? Gun is functioning fine but I just dont think its really the go to have one in there.

>be me
>be shooting rabbits
>always rack one into the chamber then top up the magazine
>get back to house, unload mag and unload chamber
>loose .22lr
>dumb idea to sit ontop of suppressor so I can grab it when I go out again
>go out again
>shoot a few rabbits
>feel rattling in the can
facepalm.exe
>can see round in suppressor
>>
Do you own a magnetized screwdriver?
>>
>>32392954
Who would buy a .22 can you can't take a part to clean?
>>
Take a stick and poke it out desu
>>
>>32392988
^
>>
put it in the oven to melt the lead out
>>
>>32392967

Brass and lead cartridge.

>>32392988

This is actually a .223 can, you would discard it if you actually shot enough .223 to crud it up, I have seen one after 30k rounds at a gunsmiths that was pretty bad.

That being said I have never cleaned a .22lr suppressor in my life and never intend to even if they do come apart which I am not sure they do either.
>>
>>32392954
Don't look up the barrel of a functioning gun.
>>
>rimfire suppressor
>it's sealed

Nigger u are so dumb

Ahahahahahahahah oh wow ur fucked m8
>>
>>32393032
Its unloaded and action is open...

>>32393044
Theyre like $40... who gives a fuck.
>>
>>32392954
hang it upside down and shake it violently for a few hours?

chances are the round HAS to fall out at some point
>>
>>32393087
> $40
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32393087
Yeah and it is LOADED!
>>
>>32393413
loaded as in a cartridge is inside the can. I don't really see the danger with this but you kind of fucked yourself. Take off the suppressor and shake it until it comes out, or get it to sit near the exit and use a rod to poke it out.

If you can't figure out a way to get it out on your own it's your own damn fault. There is no such thing as 'sealed'.
>>
>>32393413

can't tell if day/k/are or plain old retarded
>>
>>32393087
They are only $40, throw it away buy a new one.
>>
>>32392954
What type of dog is that?
>>
>>32393027
22 cans come apart, dipshit
>>
>>32393430
is it more of a concern that its a rimfire? what with the violent shaking
>>
>>32393032
>Don't look up the barrel of a functioning gun.
>some fudd told me to always treat a gun as if it's loaded even if I've verified that it's not and even though that's literally impossible
>>
>>32392954
>Go to home improvement store
>purchase aluminum or wood rod that is slightly less than diameter of barrel
>make sure it is several inches longer than your suppressor
>drill hole in piece of wood to hold the suppressor
>was the barrel out with bore ckeaner
>place rod into suppressor and GENTLY hammer the end of the rod, pushing the bullet out
>MAKE SURE THE BULLET IS TRAVELING TOWARD THE END OF THE SUPPRESSOR

This is what I did when I had a similar problem

Double check though, you want to purchase a metal that WILL NOT cause a spark in case there is unburned powder in the barrel
>>
>>32393698
Fuck me...

Wash the barrel out with bore cleaner
>>
>>32393635
no a solid strike is necessary. I'd be more worried about shooting so much you set it off through heat than an actual strike. a 22 round has very low mass so the chance of it striking something and going off is pretty much nonexistent.
That being said seriously how the fuck can you not take the can apart?
>>
>>32393698
your idea of hammering out the round is far more dangerous than any unburned powder in an open suppressor could ever be. Holy shit what the fuck are people doing here
>>
>>32392954
>google melting point of lead
>heat it in the oven
>profit
>>
>>32394519
>yfw gunpowders cookoff point is for sure lower than the temp needed to melt lead
are you a retard?...
>>
>>32394519
I didn't know the average oven could do 622f, gunpowders cookoff point isnt far off from that. Brass's melting point a little higher still but if your suppressor is made of aluminum that will melt before any of that happens. Where are people getting these stupid ideas.
>>
>>32394650
day/k/are
>>
File: IMG_1200.gif (85KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.gif
85KB, 480x600px
How tf do you ever do that??
>>
Ok so at this stage the projectile is out, the case is still in and looks like a projectile may have struck it so its quite difficult to get out.
>>
>>32393617
Older ones don't.
>>
>>32393617

Ive only had 3 rimfire ones and 2 centrefire suppressors. The rimfire suppressors did not come apart nor does my current .223 suppressor. The .300wm looked like it would but I no reason to ever take it apart...
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.