/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who wins in a fight? Whole US army vs Vietnamese farmers in sandals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1482296368141.png (94KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1482296368141.png
94KB, 500x411px
Who wins in a fight? Whole US army vs Vietnamese farmers in sandals?
>>
*it aint me starts playing
>>
>>32391329
I mean, with the Marines not there of course the Army gets their ass handed to them by dudes in pajamas.
>>
>>32391329
Define win. We lost the vietnam war utterly and undeniably, we didn't achieve our goals and couldn't prevent the enemy from achieving their goals, however our goal was not completely and utter destruction of vietnam believe it or not as much as vietnam movies depict otherwise.
>>
>>32391329
>hundred
>>
>>32391348
complete and utter destruction*
>>
>>32391329
I'm just glad you moved on.

I was one the Marines that had to fight the stick.
>>
>>32391329
IN A FIGHT?
>25/1
In a WAR?
>Walter Cronkike.
>Not enough Kent states.
>>
>>32391329
>army
>F22s
>Nimitz class carriers
what
>>
>>32391348
Towards the end the VC agenda was: survive. They were sacrificing women and children to achieve that goal. I know we didn't exactly "win", but when your opposition has resorted to hidey holes and sacrificing civis, you didn't exactly "lose" either.
>>
>>32392557

If the entire population was conscripted and there were no actual civilians left, what was the point of the RoE?
>>
>>32391329
In a fight? The US.

In a war for a specific set of political objectives. Apparently the Viets when it's on their home turf.
>>
>>32391329
Any post the Afghanistan one?
>>
>>32392557

Well, militarily we must remember that the North was very much being defeated by the US, there's little question as to the effect that the US military had in Vietnam.

Rather it was the political fight the US lost with its foreign policy in Vietnam and its support of the South. When we remember Clausewitz's principle of war being a continuation of politics by other means, we can deduce then, that if the political struggle is disarmed, then so too is the military struggle.
>>
File: 1466217276413.jpg (22KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1466217276413.jpg
22KB, 500x355px
>it's another US lost the vietnam war thread
>>
>>32391348
The United States kept South Vietnam alive, that was the entire purpose of being there. Saigon fell after we left and Ford telegraphed that he wasn't interested in resuming the war.

People act like the Vietnamese beat the United States - they didn't. We left because we shouldn't have been there in the first place, but we damn near obliterated North Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia before we left.

Had the objective been to seize Hanoi and occupy North Vietnam, then it would've happened and there's nothing they could've done about it. We didn't - because we feared Chinese intervention, as was done in Korea (a false fear).
>>
>>32393057
australians

wish they would add the little flags like other boards so you'd know who to ignore by default
>>
File: 1476263411143.jpg (854KB, 1909x2872px) Image search: [Google]
1476263411143.jpg
854KB, 1909x2872px
>>32391329

Mark Wahlberg wins
>>
>>32393170
And ids too, right?

Back to /pol/.
>>
File: 1481641518343.jpg (64KB, 566x943px) Image search: [Google]
1481641518343.jpg
64KB, 566x943px
>>32393202
Yeah, what's wrong with that?
>>
Just ban non-Canadians/Americans from /k/. Isn't it illegal in your shithole feudal nations to even look at a picture of a gun?
>>
>>32391329
depends.

what ethical delimas are there, aka do we particulery care about the civilian population?

because the fact is you CAN'T fight against a insurgency that blends in with the host nations population, not unless you are also willing to decimate that population, turning nam in the world biggest radioactive glass parking lot would've counted as a victory in my book, but it wasn't done because nuking nations is appearently a bad thing.
>>
>>32391329
Is Charlie wearing a lampshade? The fuck is that?
>>
>>32391329
The US won by pretty much every measure, but cowardly diplomats reneging on their promise of a 1:1 equipment replacement ratio is what fucked the South.
On a side note though, in fairness to Ho Chi Minh, he was clever enough to realize that if he kept his casualties below the national birth rate then he could technically fight forever.
>>
>>32391329
>Who wins in a fight? Whole US army vs Vietnamese farmers in sandals?

This gets asked every day on /int/, /pol/, and have seen it here before.
It seems like somebody would have figured it out by now.
>>
>>32393427
Hey, the new generations of shitposters have to start with the easy stuff.... It's pre kindergarden level, but they have to practice somewhere
>>
>>32393385
As much as I hate auto correct. You might learn something from it
>>
>>32393375
>illegal
Just means more laws to break.

Y- you DO actively break unjust laws, right? You're not a... a... a cuck are you?!
>>
File: 1476666543735.jpg (53KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
1476666543735.jpg
53KB, 640x491px
>>32391329

>Vietnamese farmers in sandals

And BM-21s and Grad-P systems and T-55s and T-62s and MiG-21s and 15/17/19s and state of the are AK pattern rifles and complex underground tunnel systems with half a city down there every time and gull soviet support and using the neighboring country where the US can not attack them as a supply route and an actual country, government and industry behind them.

While a bunch of retards decide to give your troops rifles without cleaning kits or full auto full power rifles with 20 round mags, send in conscripts and only capture strategically useless hilltops while sending in planes without guns and bombers which use radar to fly and keep flying into god damn mountains.

US military: biggest money drain in the history of fucking up easily winnable wars by focusing on space-age bullshit superweapons
>>
>>32391329
Vietnam war re-enactments when?
>>
>>32391348
>misinformation and historical revisionism, the post

Unless I'm mistaken and have been lied to, the U.S. achieved all of it's goals AND prevented the occupation and control of South Vietnam by North Vietnam.

Then, we pulled out and North Vietnam rolled in and took Saigon.

Saying we "lost" Vietnam is like saying we lost the war in Iraq because ISIS showed up years after the fact.
>>
>>32393587

If it helps you sleep at night, go right ahead and believe that, kiddo.
>>
>>32393565
There's not enough butthurt "sons of liberty" angry that their side lost to bother reenacting anything.

Do war reenactments even happen outside of the U.S. Southern states?
>>
>>32393598
what about re-enactments by vietnamese guys? to glorify their marvellous victory
>>
>>32391340
Is this a meme I'm not familiar with?

The song is called Fortunate Son
>>
>>32393615
No it's It Ain't Me by the Fortunate Sons.
>>
>>32393596
Compelling argument to the contrary.
>>
>>32393587
>Saying we "lost" Vietnam is like saying we lost the war in Iraq because ISIS showed up years after the fact.
IS is the Result of US fail foreign diplomat

war is only a tool of many the US State Dept use

you guy fail to bring freedom to Iraq and make their life worse
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.