[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best revolver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I've been looking at the S&W 686 and 327, as well as a Ruger GP100 but I'm open to suggestions and other cartridges as long as they're magnum power.
Shot .357 out of a 686 before and found the cylinder release to recoil right into the side of my thumb because the grip was too skinny but I hear Rugers have a hard trigger when compared to the smooth one S&W offers.
>>
>>32390956
S&Ws will have better triggers. The 686+ gives you 7 shots which is nice. Honestly the only downside is a couple hundred bucks more. It's not quite as sturdy as the Rugers but it's not going to really ever wear out.

The GP100 doesn't have a bad trigger but it's not great. It will shoot full power .357 for your life, your children's life, and grandchildrens life. It's fucking indestructible.
>>
File: DSCF0397.jpg (628KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0397.jpg
628KB, 1600x1200px
>but I hear Rugers have a hard trigger when compared to the smooth one S&W offers.

I just checked.
>>
You may consider the GP Match Champion. If you're to go by stereotypes, it should have the durability/ruggedness of a Ruger and the finesse of a S&W. I had one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I only sold it to go to 44mag.
>>
>>32390956
Bought a used GP100 as my first gun, fucking love it. Have probably shot 500+ rounds through it. It's the gun I bring out when I want to do some target shooting, since it's the most accurate handgun I own. Little recoil even with full power .357.
>>
>>32391006
Yeah I definitely like the idea of having more than just 6 shots.
I'm kind of divided about aesthetics tho. Rugers look pretty utilitarian with optional grip flair and better ergonomics imo, but S&Ws just have that iconic silhouette and a nicer finish.
>>
>>32391063
And?
>>32391091
I'm leaning towards Ruger. How is 44 magnum? The loads of .357 I shot were really hot and I found them to be unpleasant.
>>32391095
This would be my first revolver so I'll consider it
>>
>>32391140
I did forget to mention that, for me, the double action trigger is a fucking beast to pull. I haven't measured myself but people online have measured it to be anywhere from 10lb to 12lb.
>>
>>32391140
357mag felt like 9mm and 38spl felt like 22 to me. 44mag actually feels and performs like a round that makes revolvers still relevant in this day and age. Then again, I think a 38spl revolver is really cool to be able to shoot a lot for cheap if you don't want to reload. My 44mag is for backpacking though.
>>
>>32390956

Ruger's apparently releasing an 8 shot .357mag redhawk this year.
>>
>>32391164
Wow that's ridiculous.
>>32391206
Yeah I feel like 44 mag is op for the self defense purposes I want, though I may be wrong.
>>32391230
Damn I may just hold off for that then
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.