[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you raised in a pro gun household? How did you get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 17

File: 1476119131063.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1476119131063.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
Were you raised in a pro gun household? How did you get into guns in the first place?
>>
>>32389225
Mom was far against it. But my grandfather gave me this single shot 20 gauge and a .22 bolt action. That wasn't my first introduction to shooting, but they were my first guns. And current guns.

I got into it because of some /k/ type friends and being a true 'murican motherfucker. That about sums it up.
>>
Mothers family was never into guns.

Fathers family is a bunch of criminals with lots of whack gun related crime stories.

Parents never had guns in the house and only bought guns after three incidents.

My father getting robbed by a customer at gunpoint.

9/11

Obama being elected.

I never cared too much for guns outside of videogames as a dumb kid, stumbled upon /k/ and /k/ made me very progun and convinced me to go buy a gun.

then niggerbama tried to ban "assault weapons" and I became a militant white nationalist muh constituion right winger and have been converting my family into super gun owning militant angry white people.
>>
File: img058-31.jpg (128KB, 834x442px) Image search: [Google]
img058-31.jpg
128KB, 834x442px
Nope, both parents were antis. Told me guns were evil and to never play evil shooty video games at my friends' houses.
10 points to whoever gueses how I got into guns.

Now I want to own guns, shoot guns, and have sex with guns. Freud would be proud.
>>
As far as I was aware it was never discussed in our house. Come to find out apparently years ago my mom stopped my father from buying a gun. When I was introduced to shooting by some friends, I bought some guns. When mom noticed I was going to the range pretty often she says "You know I don't want any guns in the house right?" and I tells her, oh shit my bad mom I've had a few for a long time now. She just said "Oh alright then." and that was the end of that.
>>
My mom is very anti-gun, but my dad came around after I bought one and showed it off to him.

Video games like every other gun loving 20-year-old.
>>
Step dad and my mother are extremely liberal and anti-gun. Birth father is a stereotypical redneck. He hunts/fishes/shoots/hates niggers and jews/god fearing. I haven't seen him since I was 3 because he was a drug addict and he didn't want to pay child support so he gave up all custody over me.

I guess it was in my genes to love guns. As soon as I turned 18 I started buying them.
>>
>>32389225
I was a boy not some pussy faggot; I naturally went to guns, fireworks, and cars.
>>
My dad is pretty pro gun. I started shooting around 5 years old.

Took hunters safety in elementary school

Everyone in my family owns guns
>>
Not a super pro gun family per se, but not anti. My dad got me a shotgun for my 13th birthday and we used to skeet shoot a lot. My folks know I carry and are comfortable with that. I can't complain really. I just wish I could get my dad out to the range again sometime.
>>
>>32389225
Joined the Marines. They put a Rifle in my hand and taught me to shoot it.
>>
>>32389225
I was just obsessed from a small age. I had toy guns and would constantly play cops and robbers or army. My parents never had and interest and my mom was outright freaked out about it for awhile and didn't like to see guns. I eventually broke her and now openly have my ak laying about with me on the couch when I'm back from uni

>have lots of toy guns
>old enough to grasp the concept of aiming
>find old red Ryder BB gun in grandpas house
>grandpa doesn't just let me play with it like any other toy gun
>know that this one is special for some reason
>takes me into back yard and sets empty pop cans in his tree
>he sits with me about 15 yards away on a bench
>teaches me how to aim and shoot
>struggle at first but then hit can after can
>constantly wanted to go to papa's house to shoot BB gun
>let's me shoot his .22 lever action that was his fathers
>in love
>fast forward to 4th grade
>old enough for 4h shooting sports
>grand champ
>eventually get to shoot skeet and muzzle loader etc
>jr year of high school save enough for an ak
>me and papa go to gun store
>we both split the cost and I get it in my name and it's both ours
>I cherish that fucking thing
>now own 6 guns and might be buying a 7th if I find a god deal on Christmas
>>
Nope. Both my parents were anti-gun and never owned them. Always secretly wanted one though. Played a ton of video games and loved hearing my grandfathers WW2 stories as a kid.

I didn't buy any until a few months ago actually, when I actually started to have both some spare money and some free time to myself. The other thing was some faggot my landlord owed money tried to burn my house down. Honestly I've dealt with more shit from my friends than I have from my family about it. My parents have come around pretty reasonably to me being a gun owner.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (9KB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
9KB, 300x198px
>>32389225
>Mom was anti
>Dad was anti

>All neighborhood friends were into Star Wars
>I sucked at using lightsabers
>Mom takes me to target
>Ask her to let me buy pic related
>Okay I guess you have enough GBP
>Get home
>Friends want to play star wars
>I challenge oldest kid to a duel
>He can kick my ass in a Lightsaber duel any day of the week
>Draw new Nerf gun
>Bop him in the chest
"THAT DOESNT COUNT"
>Yea it does
>Ask him if the sword guy in Indiana Jones dies
"YEA"
>Tell him Jedis can die from guns too
>Become the only gunslinger in the Jedi order
>Feelsgoodman.jpeg

>Me and oldest kid are BFF now and go shooting regularly
>Dad thinks Guns are cool as fuck and has so many he forgets he has some
>Mom just bought her second gun
>>
>>32389823
noice
>>
File: 1460931408113.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1460931408113.png
98KB, 612x491px
>almost every poster was raised anti

Really makes you think
>>
>>32389225

It was never a topic that came up in conversation, so I have no idea. When I told my pa4ents that I got my gun licence they seemed cool with it.

My dad also bought me a pellet gun when I was in my early teens
>>
>>32389225
>Mom didnt care either way
>Dad had a couple shotguns and a shitty 22. Just want super interested in guns

>recently got my cc
>both parents happy about it
>mom asks for handgun for Christmas
>wish granted
>>
File: 1478196162117s.jpg (3KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1478196162117s.jpg
3KB, 125x83px
Mom is anti but dad doesn't really care.
>7 yrs old grandpa gives me old bb gun that was my uncles
>40k bbs later.jpg
>Get into airsoft and paintball with friends from ages 10-15, always the sniper and damn good at it too.
>5th grade my dad takes me shooting at a resort doing skeet shooting
>using a 28 guage I shoot 23/25 of the clays.
>all I talk about for months
>Dad lets me get a 22lr in seventh grade.
>become absolutely obsessed with guns and military things but never show my autism.
>Moist nugget in 9th grade
>become friends with local K bros
>Grandma gives me deceases grandpas Winchester model 69-a 22lr from the early forties and a model 1796 harpers ferry musket made in 1821 when I turned 18.
>Started hunting at 18 aswell with Tikka t3
>buy other various guns while my mom freaks the fuck out.
>currently 20 and own 7 guns.
>most friends are K related
>Currently in process of becoming an officer in the USMC
>feels good man
>>
>>32389336
God bless
>>
Family was mostly pro-gun. Mom was ambivalent, but dad and his dad have/had guns aplenty.

I was introduced to guns by dad and my interest grew from there.
>>
>>32389225
When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band
>>
shot my first gun when i was 3. got my first shotgun when i was 13. My dad, brother and me are all reservists and hunters.
>>
Dad was a collector as was grandad. Dad and grand-dad passed away, I got their mainly preban rifles and fudd pistols (I say that lovingly btw).

I taught myself how to shoot and gradually bought my own guns after research here and on YouTube.
>>
My parents hated guns until Trump got elected.

They're crazy, but suddenly they're sounding like the fat III% middleaged neckbeards from ARFCOM and /pol/ all of a sudden. Funny how that works.
>>
My mother wasn't really anti-gun but has negative desire to own one (except for wanting a prettied up shotgun as a wall-hanger). My father, as I've found out, is pretty pro-gun. Bought his first and never looked back. Owns mostly shotguns now because his area bans hunting with rifles. They're pretty pro-gun and had preferences other than Trump.

My uncle and every cousin are all heavily pro-gun. One of them is into it even more than I am. Lots of expensive rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Handloads his own match ammo for exotic calibers. Another cousin shot a dog with his CC.
>>
>>32389225
Dad grew up in Belfast during the troubles. He moved to Canada where he met my mom. My mom thinks only creepy, anti social people own guns and my dad has a bunch of stories that justify his dislike of guns.

I joined cadets where we shot 10 meter .177 air rifles. I was/am very good and was selected for a Army c7 familiarization.

So the first actual gun I ever shot was a C7
>>
>>32390202
>Mugged by reality
>>
>>32391205
Congratulations, anon
>>
Parents are noguns so the first time I got to shoot a firearm was with a bolt action .22 LR in the Boy Scouts. I was hooked instantly.
>>
File: P90 prototypes.jpg (171KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P90 prototypes.jpg
171KB, 1200x1600px
>>32389371
>tfw will never see the P90 prototypes in production
Feels bad man. The P90 protoypes are cool as fuck.
>>
>>32389225
Parents are gook. My dad is super anti-gun, my mom doesn't really like guns but she tolerates my hobby of them. I actually first got hooked after learning about the Roof Koreans of 92. I thought that was cool as fuck, and hey, I'm Korean too, so ever since I first learned about it as a kid I've wanted guns. Good thing was that I moved from Korea to Nevada, where guns are plentiful. And now here I am.
>>
>bullied in school
>wanted control in my life
>brain processes control of life into being gun owner
>study the shit out of gun history and everything i can find out about guns at 14
>be 21 now in mega cuck state
>carry big ass knife bc ccp isnt allowed here
>still never shot a gun
>>
>>32389225
Always been into history, specifically military history.

Mom's a conservative but never owned guns and was very neutral. Dad was a centrist with no opinion.

Politically I bounced between Constitutionalist, Libertarian, and Conservative, always been, which further strengthened my interest in guns beyond books. After a year in ROTC, and seeing how all the my new friends were at the very least firearm aficionados, plus it being the Army, I figured it'd be good to get some firearm experience.

Got my Mosin just over this past summer after my first year at uni. I only one it, an AR, and a .22 Marlin but my all encompassing textbook knowledge as led to me being the gun guy of my class.

I love it.
>>
>>32391646
own*
>>
My parents were never really anti, just more "we don't want to own them." I liked watching this History channel show Tales of the Gun and my sister (decade apart in age) bought me a daisy pellet gun when I was 6. No turning back. Learned as I got older my dad's parents were super Pro (campaigned for shall issue CC and damned Reagan for taking automatics off the market) learned to really shoot and to hunt from my Grandfather with a single shot .22 and small game. I have a meager collection myself that stays locked up at my parents. Keep a Mossberg 500 in my apartment at school and CC my Grandmother's old .32 Beretta daily. Granddad told me the other day when he goes the guns are all mine.
>>
File: 1480194905050.jpg (147KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480194905050.jpg
147KB, 960x960px
>>32389225

Here's my bit of story

>parents divorced when I was three, grew up with mom but neither parent ever talked about guns much, nor owns any

>mom's dad is a Vietnam vet, but never really talks about it and was an alcoholic when he came back so I haven't asked him about it

>got married at 19 (no kids, I was just younger and dumber than I am now)

>father in law took me shooting with his 10/22 and some lever action 22.lr a couple of times

>no I wasn't the target

>turns out I could hit cans pretty easily, and is fun as fuck, bought a 22 handgun

>am now divorced at 22 (big surprise, I know, but at least we didn't have any kids)

>bought an AR, and am now getting into military history

>especially vietnam, kinda makes me feel closer to grandpa, but I haven't told him I have funs, too scared to open old wounds

>took younger brother to range, he loved it, now has a shotgun and is saving up for more

>took mother to range, she told me to let her know when I sign up for CHL classes so she can get her license too

>took dad to range, doesn't mind me having funs but has that "why do you need 30 rounds" mentality, so fuck him, he wasn't a good father anyway

>tfw found a new hobby that I can do with brother & a few /k/omrades I've met nearby

>feelsgoodman.gif

>pic related, is brother and I when we go innadesert
>>
>>32389225
I've had guns for as long as I can remember, I got more as I grew older. Then I bought and sold guns when I was 18 to afford more guns
>>
>>32389504
God bless the south. I love it here
>>
>>32391721
What kind of firearms does your Granddad own?
>>
>Were you raised in a pro gun household?
Not particularly, The only guns in the house were air guns.
>How did you get into guns in the first place?
An escaped convict stole a cops gun near my home. I bought a gun for home defence and eventually found that I enjoyed shooting them recreationally.

Now I have 19 guns and need to get another safe or start selling to make room.
>>
>>32392743
Autoloading browning 30-06 (helluva a hog gun), older colt AR-15, M1 Garand, Couple of generic 12 ga. Brownings he got in the 90s, old ass sears catalogue .22 single shots that are beat to hell, beat to hell single shot .410, 3 detective specials (one he carried everyday on his mail route, two stayed in the house), 3 newer smith revolvers he carries now, a .32 PPK, a shitty .22 sns that was my great grandmother's, a colt 1911, a browning high power in beautiful condition, two BB guns with my dad and uncle's initials stapled into them that he uses to shoot at neighborhood cats. I've got his Marlin 30AS, his dad's pre64 Model 70, and the Beretta Jetfire I carry.
>>
>>32389225

My grandfathers both owned a gun at some point in their lives, but purely for practical reasons. One grandfather for self-defense in the Belgian Congo and the other for pest control on farmland. Both of them had gotten rid of the guns by the time I came of age to shoot them.
My parents are neutral, or slightly against. They have accepted I'm into guns and have made no attempt to prevent it.
My dad's current girlfriend is an anti-gun tree hugger with communist leanings. When I first met her, she was of the "open borders" variety, but slowly I'm starting to see a change. Her stance is becoming more nuanced & more critical. Maybe there is some hope?
My older brother is radically against gun ownership. But he can go suck a bag of dicks for all I care.

I have no idea. As far as I know, I've always been drawn to firearms.
>>
>>32392877
Beretta tomcat whoops, looking at jetfires to buy in another tab.
>>
my dad was given a 10/22 by his ex-girlfriends dad when he was in his youth
my mom made my dad buy a shotgun when we lived in our old house (i wasnt born yet) because she always got bad vibes and had nightmares of being broken into and victimized

my uncle is an avid duck hunter with almost 100 shotguns, he gave me an Arisaka Type 38 and a Stevens 820, plus a Lee American turret press
>>
When I was 4 or 5 my dad would kneel down around me and let me pull the trigger on his shotgun. I remember we shot a stack of beer cans on a gravel road. He always kept his guns in my closet, so as I got older I would take them out and look at them. He had a really nice over/under break barrel shotgun that I figured out how to open and close. He had two Remington 7400's. One was a faded .30-06 he had since the 80's. The other was an .270 with engraving on the polished receiver and high gloss walnut furniture. I would take that gun out just to stare at It in my hands. It was fucking beautiful. That was the first rifle I ever shot. I was 12 so it kicked me like a mule, but I hit the target. My dad just laughed. So yeah, I guess you can say he was pro gun. Pic related.
>>
>grew up in a hunting community in a hunting family
>My dad got me shooting .22lr as a kiddo
>then single shot .410ga and single shot 20ga
>got into bird hunting
>eventually got a 12ga pump and .243 bolt action
>got into deer hunting
>move to uni-town
>hometown and uni-town get buttfucked by oilfield migrant workers
>crime skyrockets
>buy revolver/pistol for CC/HD
>start building ar-15
>>
>>32391721
>Tales of the Gun
when the History channel was good
>>
>>32392938
It used to be on youtube with shit quality video but it got copyright claimed.
>>
>>32389371
>tfw you don't complain about high bore axis, you complain about low bore axis
>>
Mom hated guns, very paranoid about them. Dad was never in the picture.

I adored guns since i can remember, wasn't like a fantasy i respected firearms from a young age. It also fascinated me how they work.

I wanted a hand gun so i waited until i was 21 and bought one myself. After that you got to have one then one.

Honestly guns are my first love everything else comes second, books, money, video games, food, people are all things that are less important.
>>
>>32389225

>mom was an orphan from mexico
>dad ran away from abusive home as a young teen from mexico
>they both ended up together in the wondrous world of Texas
>mom fucking abhorred guns
>dad was too busy working so we didn't starve to have an opinion
>old racist white neighbor cleaning out his house one day
>racistly asks if i want some of his racist white sons old stuff
>were broke as fuck so i agree to be oppressed by the evil white racist
>gives me some of sons weights, clothes and an old lever action daisy BB gun
>racistly asks if i have BB's for it and volunteers to buy them for me
>next day i'm plinking cans and slinging iron

fell in love with guns that day and had to hide my pellet rifles and what not from my mom. dad was bro-tier and would return them to me when mom found them and tried to hide them.

raised in a neutral / anti-gun household
raised around neutral white people

>mfw trying to explain to mexican immigrant kids like me the importance of not being a collasal fucking faggot, getting a job, minding your own business, learning english and adapting to the murrican way
>>
File: fuck.gif (1020KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
1020KB, 320x180px
>mother turbo no-funs
>dad ex-navy drunk who loves war and guns
>5th grade, dad tells me he has a gun
>never have heard about it or seen it
>get intrigued
>tells me not to tell mum
>pulls out black bag out of a locked toolbox
>bag has wooden case with no markings on it
>gets key and opens it
>mfw it's a desert eagle .44 magnum
>first experience with a gun so i'm just looking at it fiddling with ammunition
>says I can hold it
>unloads it, makes sure nothing in the barrel and turns safety on
>hands it to me
>hold it and look at it for a bit, didn't think it would be this heavy, have total hard on for it

That was my first experience with funs was a damn good one, shortly after he found his old BB gun and gave it to me.

I still remember when he handed it to me, still remember the feeling of holding it in my hands. Wish he didn't sell that shit.
>>
>>32393102
wow what a racist
>>
One granddad was full on /k/, with literally hundreds of guns. Sadly he died before I was born. But his sons (my uncles) told me plenty of stories.
And we're pretty /k/.
>tfw uncle left out his .25, 1911, Luger, and garand all on different occasions. My mom had to tell him to put his shit away every time we came over. And would sweep the house for guns before she let us in!

Other granddad was pretty fudd with only one .22 rifle in the house. But he was a vet and told stories

Dad is pretty cool. Hunter, target shooter. Pretty fudd on gun choices though. .22, 12g, 30.30 lever gun.
With and old tok when I got older.
>>
>>32389225
Biological father was liberal anti-fun but run out on my mom and I have never seen him sonce I was 5. Stepfather on the other hand is what /k/ would be if the were 40 yo. Guy took me in. He had about 15 guns when he first came into life and now has 35.

One time when I was 16 a groundhog was terrorizing our vegitable garden and we found the hole. So my stepfather who recently discovered the glory of the internet decides to make fucking napalm and throw it down the groundhogs hole. I was watching in amusement as he almost burnt down the woods on our lands. Mom nearly beat the shit out of both of us.

He taught me all things gun. We are range buddies.
>>
File: 1470106171831.jpg (92KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
1470106171831.jpg
92KB, 1080x810px
>>32389225
> Were you raised in a pro gun household?
No, not at all.

My first experiense with guns was with movies and video games.
After some time I started to cellect data / information about guns like blueprints and informartion about markings.
I was hiding my powerlevel pretty good, so noone really noticed that I really REALLY wanted to buy a firearm on my 18th birthday.
So, I had to encounter my mother & father with my birthdaywish.
Reactions were different, because I didn't want to serve in the army, because I'm a pacifist (and still am).
My father was kind of confused at first. because of my standpoint (pacifist & shit), be he quickly relised that my intest in guns is not just "because they are cool", but there is more of a technical & histroic background to it.
So he accepted it pretty quick.

My mother was way harder to convince.
You guys know those screaming liberals from TV and YouTube?
She is that kind of person.
In the end she acceptet it, because she coundn't find any logical reason why I shouldn't own a gun.
I was in a "tast-phase" at first, if I am responsible with my guns and shit.

In the end I think my family accepted that I'm a gun loving faggot, who hasn't changed just becuase he loves guns.
>>
Everyone is pro-gun in my family. Everyone. The in-laws, the uncles, the cousins, everyone. And my father is /k/ incarnate.

And we're not even americans.
>>
>>32393251
dear lord, my english is shit today
I should kill myself now
>>
>>32389225
my parents were never into guns, nobody in the family was. I got my interest after playing airsoft in my young years and running in the woods in olive drab and cap guns with friends. Then a friend made me try some firearms at the range and it was so much fun I went into this hobby.
I am a EU resident, firearms are frowned upon and if you have some you are a far right racist activist by default. My parents don't think that but are not supportive.
>>
Always been into guns, my Dad was in Army for 14 years and always been pro-constituition, and pro gun but weirdly he hates racism because he's ex-neo Nazi. He bought me a 30-06 for my B-Day when I was 9 years old, but had to pawn it for bills when I was 13. Bought my first gun at 16 (18 now), a CZ 52, safety detent spring broke so I'm currently repairing, also own a Mosin Nagant and a Mauser M1891(Super nice) I got like three days ago.
>>
>>32393102
>>32393175

>>32392919

>>32389454

>>32389336
>>32391216

>>32390202

Best fucking thread ok /k/ all year. I screen capped some of your gloriousness for posterity.

Good speed, brothers.

My hat in the ring: as a kid found a book about a rifle on my dad's bookshelf. He'd taken me shooting when even younger, but I never really loved it. I said to him "why do you have this book?" He said "because I have the rifle". I said "why do you have the rifle?" He said, and I've never forgotten this: "as an insurance policy, for a rainy day". That one sentence basically formed my entire adult ethos about gun ownership and continues to fuel the growing family arsenal to this day.
>>
File: 1473014990435.png (105KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473014990435.png
105KB, 300x300px
>Were you raised pro gun
No no and no'er

Dad came out of Army and married my mom 20 years later at 50 yo. Not obvious to me at the time but he was mentally unstable and had to use his VA benefits for his noggin. He also came out like his mother who smashed anything he liked.

Mom came from a country where muslims and guns were extremely frequent (SE Asia). Mall cops patrol with full retard AKs. She is protective to say the least.

I fit the profile for school shooter. Looked at whatever cockamamie list anyone came up with and tried to be as far from that as possible.

Picked up lifting as an alternative hobby. Stilll couldn't hide my tism

Action films staring Mel gibson, Tom hanks, Jackie Chan, any thing bush fighting, anything WW2 related, some smatterings of Lone Ranger and wild west fights, were what I grew up on.

Parents always said no whenever i brought up the military or guns. Its been very depressing.
>>
>>32389225
>living in totally nogun country
>nobody is really anti, guns just don't exists mentaly
>sometimes meme around about US shootings
>stumble on gun jesus show on jewtube(inb4 /pol/)
>slowly build interest in guns
>get bp revolver(only thing you can get without spending tons of time and money)
>"Why do you need it Anon?"
>"To shoot it.
>"Ok."
>>
Both parents are ultra-fudds with a dash of liberalism.

They don't think all guns should be banned, but they're all about the whole expanded background checks, restricting or banning "assault weapons", no CCL or open carry stuff.

No guns were allowed in their house for the longest time until one day I just went out and bought some shitty sporterized Brazilian Mauser when I was 18 on my birthday. At first they flipped out and were about to make me sell it, but then one day my dad bought me a gun safe and told me he didn't care how many guns I bought, they HAD to be in that safe. For a while it was all cool and dandy, but then they moved to texas- and eventually I had to move back in with them for financial reasons and they said I couldn't bring my guns. So I had to sell em or have a few friends hold on to them. That's how it's been since. I don't mind too much because I have a few friends close by who are holding on to my AR-15 (which is the only gun I own anymore) but it's annoying if I want to go shooting or something. I figure it's just an incentive for me to move out once I have enough money to be financially independent.
>>
Parents were indifferent towards guns but always voted red. My uncle's are cool as fuck though. One has a bunch of milsurp and the other is kind of a fudd. I was always interested in guns, so they got me a 10/22 for Christmas when I was 11. Now I own 11 guns at 23
>>
Dad grew up rural Missouri his family ate what they farmed and hunted, rarely went into town. He'd tell me stories from when he was like 12 to 15 of going deer hunting with a .22 because he couldn't afford a proper rifle.
A total Fudd, finds my 'army guns' interesting for the history behind them, but has no interest in owning one.

Mom grew up around KC, Missouri and had no real experience with gun before she met dad, her father was a WWII vet but died when she was 4. Dumbass Grandmother gave his war trophy K98 to my uncle who sold it. He also got a rare 410 simiauto that he was going to sell for booze money, my dad bought it for $100 (worth ~800 according to GB) and gave it to my mom.
In her own words she considers gun to be toys, but she likes toys.
>>
File: 468499_0.jpg (1MB, 2000x1494px) Image search: [Google]
468499_0.jpg
1MB, 2000x1494px
Dad's law enforcement, never saw guns as anything more than a means to defend yourself. Thought it was bonkers people wanted to ban them since I was like 8.
>tfw Hispanic in cuck state
One day I will be free
>>
File: 1473875593359.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473875593359.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>32389225
>>32390202
Dad was/is pro. Grew up shooting, loves hunting, super pro-2A.
Mom was/is pro. Used to help her Dad reload as a child. Carried a Baby Browning .25 in her purse.
Little brother asked for a Henry lever-action .22 at like 13, now has a collection of about 12 guns, most of which he bought himself.

God Bless Texas.
>>
>>32394202
>Financial issues = lives with mommy and daddy
>owns many guns including AR-15

Found your problem bud living above our means are we?
>>
>>32389225
No, Not really.
My parents separated the day after I turned 5, Father was abit of a paranoid asshole with a "better than though" persona because doctor.
Id get to go see him every summer and xmas and I do distinctly remember walking around our giant lake and watching him take out turtles with his 22 that I later got to shoot one time.
I stopped talking to him in middle school because he started getting aggressive with me.
My mother is a paranoid left leaning neutral and was the type to drag her feet over everything till you harassed her enough about it from video games to airsoft guns all the way to going over to friends houses.
I started getting into airshit in late middle school early high school and soon that sprouted into me signing up for my schools trial run on a trap team "that overall fell through after one practice "i still remember getting that anxious feeling"" but landed me a job at the gun range for the summer and learned quite abit about shotguns and such.
At that point in time that's when I really started going to 4chan's boards and soon enough /k/. and decided to get myself a nugget as my first gun.
Mother didn't approve and wouldn't give me the go ahead and grandparents weren't much help ether "hurrrr why chu need a old commie rifle fur?"
So my first summer out of highschool I went and bought that nugget with zero fucks given to consent for a little over 200 after transfer fees.
Mom was pissed that I bought it and was the same way the next few rifles after but now Ive started converting her over and is now waiting to buy a glock 19
>>
>>32394534
Not really, I just got laid off from my previous job and my parents gave me somewhere to land so I wouldn't BTFO my savings while looking for a new job. It happens sometimes.
>>
File: 1470692203788.jpg (655KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470692203788.jpg
655KB, 1920x1080px
>>32389225
Raised in anti-gun household. Mom is scared of them, brother is an unimaginative drone who dislikes them because he hasn't actually considered them since forming his opinion from Mom. I should take take one of them to the range over the holidays. Bro already turned me down once before.

Got into firearms while serving in the Army. Someone tried breaking into a townhouse I was sharing with a friend in a sketchy neighborhood off-post, bought a 12ga the next day. Also got a Ruger MkIII some years ago for shits and giggles. Turns out to be a pretty sweet machine, too bad about the cartridge's weaknesses.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.