[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate Silent Firearms.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Ots-38_Interpolitex-2011.jpg (2MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ots-38_Interpolitex-2011.jpg
2MB, 2250x1500px
So it seems there are three sources for noise in a gun. The explosive expulsion of gases, the sonic boom of a supersonic round and the clanking of the mechanism moving.
This is the only gun and ammo system that seems to seriously address all three sources and it's brilliantly badass, It uses a captive piston cartridge to retain the gases and a subsonic round to stop the boom, the only noise is the clicking of the hammer etc.
Any other good contenders for the title of quiet killer?
>>
File: Special_captive_SP3_2.jpg (36KB, 880x429px) Image search: [Google]
Special_captive_SP3_2.jpg
36KB, 880x429px
A nice example of the ammo and its function.
>>
>>32387320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR8-6ZzI4fc
>>
>>32387333

Nagant revolver with silencer is pretty awesome but you still get the crack of the bullet travelling.
>>
>>32387384
The original spec ammo that was made for it is subsonic IIRC. With a suppressor you will get some noise with it displacing the air and just the hammer striking the primer of course.

All in all not SUPER impressive, but it does have the gas seal cylinder system+the ammo where the bullet is set back in the casing that makes it one of the few revolver that can be suppressed though.
>>
>>32387330

It seems like the problem with piston ammo is that the force on the bullet is over the instant the bullet disconnects from the case. So a long barrel would actually slow the bullet down a but because its being pushed by the expanding gases.
>>
>>32387429

And there's the advantage that you aren't dropping brass etc
>>
File: Solid_snake_ecksbawks.jpg (31KB, 441x495px) Image search: [Google]
Solid_snake_ecksbawks.jpg
31KB, 441x495px
>>32387320
Nice thread anon.
>>
>>32387429

I'm surprised that the sealing mechanism isn't more common. It must increase the muzzle velocity a little too.
>>
>>32387459

I know, I know, cqc is the quietest weapon known to man...
>>
>>32387442
Yes, also nice if you're in a certain line of work. *wink*wink*

>>32387500
I am too, and it does. It was ahead of its time.
>>
>>32387320
PCP airguns are pretty quiet
>>
File: 145834614416745.jpg (74KB, 900x519px) Image search: [Google]
145834614416745.jpg
74KB, 900x519px
>>32387320
>>
>>32387500
It's negligible benefits in velocity aren't worth the slight extra complexity and heavier trigger pull. Especially for an action that was rendered obsolete over a century ago.
>>
>>32387609

Interesting. I still feel that a huge assed piston cartridge round would be a better weapon though.
>>
>>32387628

These are awesome but the rounds travel seriously fast and even a good suppressor can't stop that crack. Its 710+ m/s or something like that. Waaaaay over the sonic boom barrier
>>
>44 mag rifle (bolt, break ...or lever?)
>subsonic ammo (custom, of run of the mill 44 spc)
>a good supressor

This is about as quiet as it gets on all fronts. Still has action noise but since it's manual you can book work da bolt quietly. Several companies make integrally supressed .44 mag bolt actions that are pretty tits.

Thier is also a guy making an integral bolt 9mm ( something of a modern deslile) but the donor rifle is kind of an odd ball and the finished product is rare. The supressed .44 mags can be ordered from a bunch of supressor shops. Much want.

KAC made a prototype supressed rifle built on a heavily modified ruger Redhawk and firing some proprietary 30 cal round about which very little is known. It shows up in movies, but actual examples are about as common as unicorn piss.
>>
File: 142874047.jpg (178KB, 1222x440px) Image search: [Google]
142874047.jpg
178KB, 1222x440px
>>32387690
>>
>>32387653
When will this meme die? The only added complexity is a weak spring in the cylinder, and the Nagants heavy trigger pull is not a result of its gas sealing. If you remove the cylinder on a nagant it's still heavy as shit. Gas sealing revolvers don't need special ammunition, and they're about as simple as traditional revolvers, at least going by parts count.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.