[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been thinking of ideas for shotgun shells. What does /k/ think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Sodium-and-water-Pond.jpg (49KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sodium-and-water-Pond.jpg
49KB, 600x360px
Been thinking of ideas for shotgun shells.

What does /k/ think of sodium/potassium slugs/shot?

Potassium/sodium are highly reactive with water

Humans are mostly water (blood, guts, juicy pats, etc)

Once a bit of sodium/potassium enters the targets body the potassium/sodium reacts for explosive results, rendering the target dead/maimed beyond repair.

Before anyone screams "muh human rights" chances are if there's a reason I have to shoot someone I don't want them to live.

This is purely for defense of home/country.
>>
You're a fucking retard, and your idea will harm you.

I suggest you go for it.
>>
>>32387227
Do it. Go hunting to test it on some durr.

My own personal suggestion would be strips of magnesium.
>>
>>32387227
Impractical and unpredictable but if you really want to try and set people on fire when you kill them go ahead, it won't work as well as you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85d7ST2yxU
>>
>>32387288

Well it would so much set them on fire as it would blow them up.
>>
White phosphorus shells.
You a war criminal now.
>>
>>32387288

I guess it's an interesting way to get more punch out of a smaller calibre round or something.
>>
>>32387227
First problem is storage, sodium is usually stored in oil to prevent reaction with water vapor. Anything you store it in would have to last loaded and dissolve/disperse in firing.

The reason it explodes is a build up of hydrogen and heat. You might get it to immolate but I suspect it will either be in small chunks and not build up enough. You'd want a concentrated mass like a slug, although it would most likely burn instead of kaboom.

Also any DA who gets this case should you use it is going to have a field day. You shoot to stop threats, not to kill or maim. Those are just a possibility not a desire. The fact that you are planning it ahead of time would probably make it a murder 1.

Tl;dr Dangerous backyard science for fun only
>>
>>32387288
That's the retard that almost blows his eyes out. I only ever saw one of his videos and he almost blinded himself, Doesn't look like he learned anything.
>>
Alkaline metal shells are not an effective idea.
The sodium, potassiim, cesium, whatever else, would react with water in the air if you didn't put them in an ampule. And even if you did, there's not enough water reacting with the metal quick enough.

Sure the human body is 80% water, but the shit you see it react with on jewtube is 99-100% water.

Basically the best you'd get is minor chemical burns from the respective hydroxide formation
>>
Wouldn't work.

One of the first problems you'd encounter is that all Alkali metals also react with oxygen.
You'd either have to fill the shell with an oil or a Noble gas, both of which would be a cunt and have to be air tight.

Second, they're nowhere near reactive enough to explode someone. You'd at least want to use Caesium, which is a cunt to get your hands on.

>TLDR It wouldn't work.
>>
>>32387349

Which video did that happen in? I wanna see.
>>
>>32387340

Good thing I don't know shit about making shells then.

But in all seriousness, I know this would counter productive, even if I did somehow get it to work without blowing my ass up it would probably jsut be "fuck around" shells rather than practical shot for hunting or home defense.
>>
why all the hate?

not sure it would work, but at least you are thinking, OP.
>>
>>32387227
If anyone was crazy enough they could try removinhogs with it to see what the reaction would look like
>>
>>32387227

>This is purely for defense of home/country

Rig a white phosphorus grenade at every entrance. WP has been a superior choice for home defense for decades.
>>
The ideal bullet would be coated in poison. With the right poison, damage from the bullet barely matters. You could use .22 plinking ammo and one shot would be enough. The poison would be situated inside the ammo and the bullet would disperse it as it expands within the target.

The US had a program going to develop this ammo, but they quit it.
>>
it's already been done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85d7ST2yxU
>>
>>32387457
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhbWfhBDNzk
>>
>>32387422
>Get home from bar at 2am
>Drunk as fuck
>Wife is in bed
>She won't wake up
>"Fuck, she's set the security"
>Lift up doormat
>Press hidden button
>Full wardrobe rises out of the ground
>Full bomb squad kit in it
>Suit up and begin work on door
>Cops roll up
>"The fuck are you doing?"
>Getting into my house
>Door opens
>No boom, cops drive off
>Replace kit into wardrobe
>Put doormat back in place
>Go to walk upstairs into bedroom
>Get exploded by the backup C4+tripwire on stairs
>>
>>32387432
how do you coat a bullet with poison without it becoming atomized, burning off, or being destroyed by the rifling/barrel.

Okay op I gotta suggestion. You need something that keeps the chemical air tight until contact. It would have to be INSIDE the slug. I would leave the slug with a big hollowpoint and perforated/veined so it breaks up really well. Seal it all together with a very light copper jacket, especially on the nose. In my shitty theory, this will deliver the payload, the shell around it would easily break apart, then you got your chemical still in one decent sized lump for explosion.
>>
>>32387507
this might just work but alkali metals when it's hot and might alloy with the metal or leak out of the bullet plus potassium metal is very very expensive
>>
If you want something that works, you could recess a primer in a shotgun slug with some powder behind it.

We didn't go that far because lazy, but self and bro loaded a batch of semi-wadcutters backwards then filled the base with some Red Dot, a primer facing backwards, and sealed with JB Weld. I forget how many grains since this was like twenty years ago, but we loaded the cartridges light so the bullets would have very low velocity and we could distinguish blast expansion from ordinary expansion.

The result was gratifying.We shot a tree in my back yard so I don't know how it would work on ballistic gel, but we could hear them go off and couldn't find much lead afterwards. Fire is a stupid childish useless weapon in tiny faggot quantities, but you can fit plenty of powder in bullets or slugs.
>>
>>32387288
the fact that they aren't wearing eyepro while they are doing this is really making me cringe.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.