[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EKRANOPLAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Lun_Ekranoplan.jpg (57KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Lun_Ekranoplan.jpg
57KB, 640x347px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-X8oqdo6Q

A meme or the futur ? Redpill me on the Ekranoplan /k/
>>
>>32387202
Bump
>>
>>32387202

I feel like it's a worthy idea in naval warfare, but I can't see it being that useful over land, unless it's a very flat open area, that is unless it's a class 3 ekranoplan which is able to fly above 150m. They could be used a very fast flying tanks maybe, but since we've never seen them sued in combat it's hard to say for sure how well they'd perform.
>>
Postwar Soviets realized they would never be able to amass a landing force in the U.S. and it was more efficient to develop different ships for their maritime borders.

So they have a small baltic fleet, a small north atlantic submarine fleet, a small black sea fleet, and a small pacific fleet. Nothing was needed for the Aral sea since their plan was to drain it entirely, so that leaves the Caspian.

Again, none of their military is to provide overmatch, its to maintain a credible threat, and ability to apply pressure on foreign nations.

To that end, they developed a boat that can quickly send soldiers into Iran again, should the need arise.
>>
Now I'm no expert, but I would say the use in these guys would probably be best in high speed transit. Need something heavy somewhere soon and don't want it seen? Ekranoplan.
>>
>>32387441
>and don't want it seen?
Surface search radars are a thing, especially over water

>>32387339
>Nothing was needed for the Aral sea since their plan was to drain it entirely
I thought that was more of an accident than a plan
>>
>>32387202
Neither, unless you live in the 1940's. Just cool dead technology.
>>
File: forgotten.jpg (286KB, 540x2441px) Image search: [Google]
forgotten.jpg
286KB, 540x2441px
What I would give to buy this thing and live in it.
>>
All things considered it seems pretty stupid and pointless.
>>
>>32389543
one hell of a /k/aravan!
>>
>>32387202
Too weather dependent
>>
>>32391950
this. Shit would take a light breeze to knock out of the sky.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.