[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Springfield-XDM-4.5-9mm.jpg (103KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
Springfield-XDM-4.5-9mm.jpg
103KB, 1100x700px
Hey fellow /k/ommandos recently I was given a offer of a Springfield xdm 9mm for my Chinese Norinco SKS I was wondering if this is a good deal as im 19 and this will be my first handgun. The handgun comes with two magazines and a open carry holster and id be giving him the rifle with a sling, twenty loaded ten round stripper clips, and a clip pouch due to the condition of the rifles stock. Also I'm only 19 and live in Oklahoma is this private trade legal?
>>
>>32384264
It's a good trade. Even the xdm at wholesale equals the value of your SKS in great condition.

It's just a gook SKS, op and it's just an xd. I would ask do you need a pistol right now? If not, I'd keep the SKS.
>>
>>32384264
>buying croat shit
get literally any other polymer gun
>>
>>32384330
>get literally any other polymer gun

Explain yourself, because you can't.
>>
>>32384264
I would keep the sks. Honestly, just buy a pistol. They're cheap.
>>
>>32384330
Is it that bad?
>>
>>32384352
>GRIP ZONE
>costs as much as a glock but worse
>useless grip safety
>trigger feels like a wet sponge covered in sandpaper
>>
>>32384361
Sks's are too though and like I said im 19 I can't exactly go anywhere and buy one as im not 21
>>
Sks will only go up in value, Springfield XD has controversial ergonomics and I would definitely try out someone else's before you make this trade
>>
>>32384382
>GRIP ZONE
So what?
The XD models are often >$100 cheaper than a comparable Glock. The XDM models are comparably priced to Glocks.
>useless grip safety
Grip safety is not a problem
Now you're just being retarded. The triggers are fine and they're made out of METAL, not plastic like a Glock.
>>
I would keep the sks. They're only getting more expensive, even beat to shit ones. An XD, while a decent handgun, is no where near as good as some of the others that are in its range.

I know you're only 19, but I would strongly advise waiting until you can get a pistol that you will actually be proud of. The sks as it stands is worth more, coming with ammo, clips, sling, and a pouch. Thats my advice man, but do what you will.

Something to note: you're not old enough to buy a pistol = youre not old enough to buy pistol ammo. At least in my state, I dont know about yours.
>>
>>32384385
They're getting up there, and because they're milsurp they'll only go up in price.
>>
>>32384382
This one is going for the price of a Chink SKS.
They're fine pistols that point very well and sit in the hand nice, in my experience- even if Springfield dresses them up to look like a running shoe with all the cuts and textures
>>
>>32384377
Nope. Xd's are good guns. He's just a no guns. Trust me, the proof is in his trolling.

Xd's and gripzone get memed hard but from people that haven't shot them. Let alone own any. I ditched Sig and Glock for xd's...So hope that says something.
>>
>>32384508
Any idea if it's legal for me to own that part of the law seems a little vague maybe I'm just stupid
>>
>>32384595
As long as you're not a felon and are above 18, you can own a handgun. You just can't buy one directly from an FFL holder, and can't straw purchase it. Trading for one from a private seller is fine.
keep in mind you will probably have trouble getting 9mm from local stores.
>>
>>32384634
Alright thank you
>>
>>32384437
retarded marketing, grip safety can definitely be a problem if you don't have a solid grip on your firearm (see: high stress situation) trigger is aids tier, if you think otherwise you must be the type of person who thinks stouffers mac and cheese is a gourmet meal
>>
>>32384595
That wasn't my reply. Lol. But...Ok, there are ways but you need to fallow the law. Let's say for instance though...Your dad or family member already owns a pistol. It's completely legal for them to gift it to you. ATF is cool with it. So...Just saying. Lol.
>>
>>32384873
Hello no guns.
>>
>>32384264
Bud honestly you could probably trade that on Armslist for a Glock, Springfield XDs are OK but I wouldn't trade a Chinese SKS strait up for one, unless you just gotta have your first pistol. I'd still try armlist, Glock .40 seem to be abundant
>>
>>32384382
>GRIP ZONE
It works, in fact it fits my hand very well despite the stupid marketing.
He's getting it in trade, and the only part you might be able to say is worse is aftermarket support.
>useless grip safety
Better than a glock trigger safety (although the XDm has one of those too for some reason)
Trigger is fine for a striker fired polymer gun in it's price range, no worse than a glock.
>>
>>32385012
>someone has a different opinion than me, they must be noguns
>>
Keep your SKS. That's a bad trade even with another poly pistol.
>>
File: kaboom_02-tfb.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
kaboom_02-tfb.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>32384264
do it OP what could go wrong
>>
>>32385176
It's not that. You can read the lack of knowledge or anyone who has fired one. Let alone a mod2. Cause you know...The triggers are actually fucking great compared to a Glock. So I repeat. Hi no guns.
>>
File: muhnoguns.jpg (620KB, 1936x2121px) Image search: [Google]
muhnoguns.jpg
620KB, 1936x2121px
>>32385223
ive shot the gen 1 xd in 9mm, xds in 9 and 45 and an xdm in 40. ive given them a try, they're shit. stop justifying your shit purchases. the grip safety alone makes it not worth buying, theres a reason people get them pinned.
>>
>>32384437
>>32384873

This

That grip safety is potentially fatal, it makes the gun so safe it might not fire when you need it to. There have been other guns in the past with grip safeties and they generally work well, but this one is too small to be guaranteed to activate.

It may be worth it to keep the SKS and instead invest in modding it in some way (magazine is the first thing you want to change).
>>
>>32385270
I'm glad you're not a no guns. I'm to used to the asshats in this board.

I still think the grip safety is a none argument. I mean fucking really dude? Meme the gripzone all you want but OEM wise my mod2 service length has a great trigger and i shoot it better than my glock17 third gen. Knocking me for a shit purchase is funny though seeing your fourth gen. Have fun sucking Glocks cock.
>>
>>32385321
ive already pointed out why the grip safety is retarded and there are well documented issues with them, guess you're choosing to ignore that
>has a glock knockoff
>lmao glocks suck
embarrassing
>>
>>32385338
No you're just full of shit about your information. You want to single out one guns mechanism. You pick a gen 4 and a company that has gone down the crapper. A company that has shit QC now, a company that in less than a week gets their fbi guns to get recalled.

Post credible sources to show failer rates. Good luck.
>>
>>32385321
>shitting on gen4 glocks
>new xd has literally all the gen4 features
>>
>>32385338
If it's not a mechanical failer and just simply your hand can't depress it...Stop being fat.
>>
>>32385424
Again you have nothing.
>>
>>32385409
>>32385427
>samefagging
>asks for statistics on a subjective issue
>find me stats on glock failures good luck
>>
>>32385437
You started the subjective issue single balls.
>>
>>32384264
I would keep the SKS. Save up for 2 years and see if you can try out different handguns in the mean time. The temptation will get to you so shove it to the back of your mind.
>>
>>32385449
choice in a self defense gun is a very subjective matter and yet there are scores of reports of xd grip safety failures. yeah you can make sure you depress it 100% of the time but its just one more thing to worry about that doesnt need to exist
>>
>>32384264
>Trading a main rifle for a sidearm
>being a good idea ever

Those 9mm's are cheap as fuck anyway you're on the losing end as SKS are worth more
>>
The grip texture is terrible but the safety is a non-issue. Anyone that's bitching about that is ignoring that they've never gotten a 1911 user killed. They take damned near no pressure to actuate. I'm not saying I like them but it's not a deal breaker. The slide height and grips just made them feel awkward to me.

I think the real point is if you want one go pick one up used for ~$400 instead of losing a SKS and a bucket of gear for a basic poly striker 9mm. The extra mag is factory equipment and the holster is $15. If the stock is that bad on the SKS you can repair or replace it.
>>
I hate the xd the most out of any striker fired handgun
I'd keep the sks, they have went up in value recently, this ugly Glock clone has not
>>
>>32385469
The problem is ignoring everyone has failer rates. We get people like you on here spouting unfounded bullshit. The grip safety I don't agree with. Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had an issue with them. The general feedback in forums, purchase reviews, recalls, is really slim. I hate Glock because they had their guns to a science in the gen 3's. The gen 4's progression has been less than good.

You carry what you want, I'll carry what I want. If you feel so strongly as to why I'm wrong, then explain to me in mechanical detail why that grip safety isn't a good idea. Think you could make a better gun? Go for it. I'm actually from the industry. I mean it, by all means, tell me what should they change in the manufacturing process?
>>
>>32385537
>The gen 4's progression has been less than good.
name one thing wrong with gen4. protip: if you find one you'll have found a flaw with mod2 xd's since all they are is shitty slav made gen4 glocks
>Think you could make a better gun? Go for it. I'm actually from the industry.
SA marketing team pls go
>failer rates
i doubt you graduated high school let alone got a job """in the industry"""
>>
>>32385552
I'm trying to keep it civil and it's to bad we can't have this debate in person.

I'm done. I don't work for SA. You're just garbage throwing.
>>
>>32385588
is this your first day on 4chan
>>
>>32384264
G R I P Z O N E
>>
>>32384873
Grip Safety: Non-issue. Present on 1911's (We all know those have never killed anyone due to the tarded safety! Oh wait..) and easily fixed with a bit of grip tape.

Trigger is nicer than a glawk, which is what everyone compares it too. It's not a 1911 trigger, nor is it a BHP, PPQ or VP9 - but it's still better than glock's horrid trigger that everyone immediately replaces after purchasing a glawk brand glawk. It also has better ergonomics than glawk in every regard and better capacity on most of their models, so go stuff it.

>>32385310
Grip tape = solved.

>>32385552
Hello shitposter. Are we forgetting almighty Glock's recalls for defects with 4th gen?

Go fuck yourself. All you're doing is saying "OMG IT'S SHITTY JUST BUY A GLAWK SLAV TECH SUCKS"

Which, news flash, this is the internet and no one gives 1/4 of a wet fart about your opinion. Post some facts or stop shitposting.

>>32385614
Good for you trying to be decent. I occasionally post but mostly lurk because of autists like glockboy you were talking to a moment ago.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.