[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>women can join the military but diabetic men arent allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

File: download.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>women can join the military but diabetic men arent allowed because theyre "medically unfit".

fuck my life what has the world come to
>>
>/k/ - Anything But Weapons
>>
Tell me about it. I got 98 in the ASVAB and passed all the physicals just fine...but when it came to that fucking hearing test I got permanently disqualified just because I couldn't hear the low frequency beeping sounds.
>>
File: Chris-Pratt-Indiana-Jones.jpg (830KB, 3874x2451px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Pratt-Indiana-Jones.jpg
830KB, 3874x2451px
>>32383749
Welcome to America.

Now sit down, shut up. And enjoy the Ride.

>This post was brought to you from a Salty Lance Corporal
>And viewers like you
>>
File: 1482191381833.jpg (74KB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482191381833.jpg
74KB, 888x500px
>>32383749

>Acting as if diabetes doesn't fuck up your entire body.

Say what you will about women in military/combat roles, but you need to come to terms with the severity of your disease.

Your eyes WILL deteriorate. Poor feet health will be serious concern to a man who'll be expected to ruck long distance with weight. General circulation and vascular health of diabetics are always a concern. Thyroid and endocrine system all kinds of fucked up. Oh and you are going to cost a lot to keep maintained with your medication and healthcare requirements.

Tl;dr diabetes is one of those diseases that affects literally every part of the human anatomy and you are wondering why it's a disqualifyer?
>>
>>32383749
Fuck your fat diabeetus ass, faggot.
>>
>>32383919
Literally what is Type 1 diabetes, faggot
>>
>>32384076
It's what happens when you drink used oil from barrels that McDonald's discarded.
>>
>>32384093
>This pure autism
No, anon, that's not how it works
>>
>>32384093
>Type 1 diabetes
The cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown. It however is believed to involve a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Risk factors include having a family member with the condition. The underlying mechanism involves an autoimmune destruction of the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Diabetes is diagnosed by testing the level of sugar or A1C in the blood. Type 1 diabetes may be distinguished from type 2 by autoantibody testing.There is no known way to prevent type 1 diabetes. Treatment with insulin is typically required for survival. Insulin therapy is usually given by injection just under the skin but can also be delivered by an insulin pump. A diabetic diet and exercise are an important part of management. Untreated, diabetes can cause many complications. Complications of relatively rapid onset include diabetic ketoacidosis and nonketotic hyperosmolar coma.Long-term complications include heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, foot ulcers and damage to the eyes. Furthermore, complications may arise from low blood sugar caused by excessive insulin treatment.
>>
>>32383749
Why would they want your fat type-2 ass anyway?
>>
File: 1450800867991.jpg (154KB, 720x488px) Image search: [Google]
1450800867991.jpg
154KB, 720x488px
>>32383749

>>Disqualified due to Celiac disease

>>Moslems get special halal food in the military
>>
>I'm too fat to join the military so I'll hate women instead

Ah, another night on /k/
>>
>>32384232
Muslims don't get sick if they accidentally eat a goat that wasn't fucked before it was slaughtered.
>>
>>32384232
>Celiac disease
Don't procreate. Fight the degeneracy.
>>
>>32383749
Diagnosed at 1, no one told me till I was 13, wanted to be a soldier all my life, every Halloween I was a soldier, I'm in Canada too. I've been diabetic 19 years. What about you?
>>
>>32384375
Sitting in mom's basement and making troll threads.
>>
>>32383854
Yeah bruh you're wrong about the first part. The physical problems presented are all a result of poor control. Cost of supplies and much more importantly getting those supplies out to diabetics is still an issue, but clearly not impossible since diabetics have been kept on after diagnosis.
The real problem is that even with perfect monitoring and dosage diabetics' blood glucose levels will drop lower than a normal person's in the event of unplanned lack of carbohydrates. Google the effects of hypoglycemia and that's the issue.
>>
>>32384828
>>32384828
Fuck you. You're physically fucked and you want to serve? Why should a well oiled machine like a proper military have to accommodate special cases other than retarded liberals' 'muh feelings'?
>>
>>32384093
>Drinking oil from a McDonald's barrel

OK, I get it. You're a beta male from Europe. Why can't you insult worth a damn?

And I thought Jason Statham was cool..
>>
>>32384951
>well oiled machine

found the never-served
>>
>>32384951
>Fuck you. You're physically fucked and you want to serve?
Uh, no. I'm not diabetic myself. You're just wrong and I wanted to let you know.
>>
>>32385018
>muh personal drama > overall effectiveness
Nothing is perfect. Armed forces of anything > shitfuckistan function OK
>>
I feel you OP, but for a different reason.
Wanted to enlist at 20. Life says fuck you and gives me cancer at 18.

>not even joking.
>>
>Be me
>want to serve
>Be type ine diabetic
>feel like a cuck for not being able to do anything to win 'muh honor'
>be able to run 13 miles a day and lift enough to make /fit/ not hate me
>my face when still cant serve because I would die if removed from perfect environment.

My berretta will cheat on me with a proud veteran when the war is over I know it.
>>
>>32385103
NO
You are a MAN who overcame adversities. That makes you a bajillion times superior to average /k/ poster.
>>
File: 1481839823662.png (44KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
1481839823662.png
44KB, 245x212px
>>32385103
>frogposting
>cuck
>'muh honor'
>berretta
>>rr
>proud veteran
>war
>>
>>32383749
Yes.

If you realize your an American male that's done nothing. Hold your breath.
>>
>>32385146
This is the bed you made. Now lie in it.
>>
>>32385211
No that is the shitpost you made. Now fuck off.
>>
>>32384951
You might not be diabetic but you cant read for shit. You must be Grade A material for the army.
>>
>>32385017
wait a minute dude, you are being very unfair... jason statham has nothing to do with that retard and his coolnes levels are not affected by his stupidity. If anything, by comparison, jason statham is now around 10, to 15% cooler.
>>
>>32383749
Wanna laugh? Look at the pathetic PT scores women get to coast with.
>>
File: 1467296900378.jpg (95KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1467296900378.jpg
95KB, 426x426px
>>32383749
>people with diabetes should be able to join the army

NIGGER ARE YOU SERIOUS

I kind of used to agree that women shouldn't be allowed in the military based on physical grounds. Bullshit like this and all the shit talking about how women are whores and catty just demonstrates how much of this argument is based on retarded slander from guys who get rejected. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but goddamn I know who is losing.
>>
File: Slippery-Slope.png (51KB, 273x329px) Image search: [Google]
Slippery-Slope.png
51KB, 273x329px
>b-but they let women in
I'm diabetic and will admit it sucks big time but >>32384828 is right. Can't have a soldier passing out because he missed two consecutive meals.
>>
>>32383749
To be fair I understand with diabetics. I don't understand with people who are "Flat footed" and had "childhood asthma". The drop out rate for those guys is less than it is for "healthy" women, where tons of them get shit like fucking hip fractures and stuff
>>
>>32385991
See this example >>32384951 of military intelligence.
>>
>>32386026
Not sure if sarcastic.
>>
>>32383854
Diabetic man is still going to be twice as capable as the average female soldier though
>>
>>32385053
What the fuck were you trying to type
>>
>>32387993
Yea but two wrongs don't make a right. Besides a diabetic would actually be more vulnerable in some situations; for example stranded away from supplies
>>
>>32387993
Until he has to go more than 6 hours without eating while doing strenuous activity and goes hypoglycemic, falls into a diabetic coma, and dies.
>>
>>32384076
Still found predominantly in fat people. Yes, it's not "fat kid's diabetes" like type 2, but the overwhelming majority (80%+) of type 1 diabetics are overweight or obese.
>>
>>32384828
Not really.

IN A PERFECT ENVIRONMENT where the diabetic is 100% perfectly controlled they will not suffer from diabetic retinopathy or neuropathy. In a perfect environment.

The military is about as far from a perfect environment for a diabetic as humanly possible. A diabetic would literally die slower in Ethiopia than in the US military.
>>
>>32388696
I can easily carry three months worth of supplies on my person. In fact I have while hiking. It's less than three pounds and doesn't really need to be kept that cool, they make special packs that work by making energy to cool themselves from walking vibrations, like shakelights.

>>32388729
Or he takes a glucose tab. That's a thing. You guys act like diabetics can never leave the couch or anything.

The only valid reason is that it's a pointless expense for the military, and exceptions are only made once they've already sunk money into training someone who ends up being diagnosed later. Logistics win wars and diabetes is a logistical nightmare.
>>
>>32388779
Yep, glucose tabs are a thing.

They also temporarily spike you then crash you harder than you were and are a short-term bandaid to a bigger problem. And running too high for too long ends up with ketoacidosis, so they can't just carb-load ahead of time to ensure they don't go low. And many diabetics have no symptoms of hypoglycemia prior to passing out, meaning they'd have to be on an insulin pump with monitoring capabilities and an audible alarm. Great idea to have in combat, something that can potentially randomly make a noise specifically designed to get the attention of people.
>>
>>32388813
No, they don't. That's not how it works anymore. They contain sugar to spike you and slow burning carbohydrates to last. I should know, I use them.
Ketoacidosis takes literally months to develop due to 24 hour long acting insulins almost completely counteracting the development of ketones unless you're stuffing your face 24/7. They also have monitors that aren't connected to pumps and could easily just be something you look at every hour or so like a watch, rather than an audible alarm. Again, I should know, I own one.
Pump sucks because it's elevation sensitive and if you fall and land on it you're FUCKED.

It's perfectly viable, just a huge waste of money for a single grunt.
>>
>>32388779
I can carry 3 months' worth of insulin too.

I CANT carry 3 months' worth of alcohol swabs, lancets, and testing strips if I'm testing the way I'm supposed to (7x a day). And that only covers insulin, most diabetics of both varieties will also be on at least two oral medications (even if it's just a blood pressure medicine and a statin to minimize the risk of kidney/liver damage).
>>
>>32388916

>I can carry 3 months' worth of insulin too.

don't you have to refridgerate insulin?
>>
>>32388916
1. Who the fuck actually uses alcohol swabs? Even my doctor says they're a waste of effort.
2. Who the fuck tests with strips and lancets anymore?
3. Type ones don't need anything but insulin if their hemoglobin A1C is below 8 and they're not overweight.
>>
>>32385314
This
>>
>>32388931
There are self-charging cooler bags available that in most climates keep it in the usable range. Not sure how they'd do somewhere stupid hot but they do alright around here.

Best one I've found is a belt pouch, roughly the size of an IFAK, holds 4 pens' worth of insulin, a bottle of test strips, most glucometers, and a hundred BD lancets and [lancet shooter thing, whatever it's called].

>>32388956
>who the fuck actually uses alcohol swabs?
If I haven't showered in a while, I damn sure do. Around the house where I'm bathing regularly, fuck no. But when I'm out innawoods hiking/camping/hunting I really really do not want a fucking staph infection because I drove nastiness into my hand with a lancet or pen.
>who the fuck tests with strips and lancets any more?
99.99999999999999% of all diabetics because that's what insurance pays for.
>blah blah type 1's
I'm type 1 with an A1C of between 6.5 and 7, nowhere even remotely close to overweight, and I'm on lisinopril and pravastatin. My endocrinologist prescribes pravastatin to literally every single diabetic she treats.
>>
>>32388997
1. I just do my stomach since it's always covered, wash it with spit if anything. It just works.
2. Your insurance must blow. Mine covered the Dexcom 5 full cost. I'd try complaining if I were you.
3. I've literally never had it mentioned to me and that's what I was told when I asked about it. Perhaps my doctors are fucking me.

I'll concede that my anecdote is not as complete as I may have imagined, and my judgement blinded by how salty I am that I have to pay for college.
>>
>>32389069
>dexcom G5
Wow that thing's brand fucking new. I may have to go talk to my endo, shit like that hadn't gotten FDA approval last time I was discussing options.

Statins and low doses of blood pressure medication are preventative treatment. If you've got a long history of being PERFECTLY controlled (a1c of between 5.5 and 6.0 every quarter for 10 years) it may not be a good fit for you, but for most people it's extremely beneficial. And both have generics available that even without insurance are like $10 a month, and $0 copays with most insurance.
>>
>>32389069
> how salty I am that I have to pay for college.
At last the snake is revealed. You are not a valiant American dying to be a soldier, but a covetous Jew.
>>
>>32388779
You may be young now but the military has no need of people who will deteriorate drastically over the course of a career.

The mission comes first. You are not the mission. Become a cop instead.
>>
Hold on guys, can we just stop the firefight for a minute while I take my medication
>>
>>32389213
senpai you are not going to wither and die over the course of 4 years due to beetus. you're either being shitty on purpose or you're an idiot.
>>
>>32389152
Yeah, they also don't have an Android app yet, last I heard. I'm lucky I got my iShit cheap because daddy's little whore doesn't want last year's model.
I'll probably have to go straight to my endo about the drugs instead of dicking around with my primary care manager.

>>32389202
>>>/pol/
Oy vey, goyim. Why can't I be both?

>>32389213
You don't fall apart that much in four years.

>>32389244
Ah yes, the elusive 12 hour continuous firefight. Can't carry my diabetic supplies as well as the 18 metric tons of ammo needed either.
>>
>>32389202
there hasn't been a war fought "for America" in living memory.
The valiant American soldier is not a thing that exists anymore. It's just another government job with good benefits.
>>
>>32383749
women don't run the risk of fucking dying if their insuline supply got blown up with a roadside 155, you fat fuck
>>
>>32383749

if your fat pepsi guzzling ass goes into diabetic shock in the middle of the fucking mojave desert during a training exercise mid-august, i sure as fuck don't want to be the one carrying you balls deep in hot moonsand

we had a guy during bct have seizures after he lied through medical and everytime he had a seizure we proceeded to stick our fingers down his throat to clear it of vomit and i had to icebath his naked upper body. they don't let you medically lying snuffies in for a reason it's because this shit takes a toll on people's bodies

i went in healthy, now im half deaf, my liver is probably a shriveling black fetus from alcohol abuse and drugs and my knees are melted from the agent orange they use to disinfect carolina water
>>
>>32389305
The body sitting at rest is the same as an adrenaline pumped body doing extreme strenuous physical activity in 100 degree heat
>>
More bullet sponges that will actually function properly and not attempt to stay in inventory.
>>
File: gsh61.jpg (7KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
gsh61.jpg
7KB, 300x207px
> WAIT. Tell ISIS to stop the fire fight i need to take a break and check my blood sugar. Gimme like 10 min guys!
> oh fuck its low, just 5 more min whileIi dig some charms out of my fucking pack.

Yeah great idea. That being said I have a skin disease that disqualify me from any service what so ever. S even if i wanted to id be fucked.
>>
File: 1455737522971.jpg (43KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1455737522971.jpg
43KB, 640x625px
>tfw auto-immune and perfectly fine only needing 8 weekly IV treatment
>still fugged because of the tiny chance of flare up even with meds

;_;

>tfw you could never life long term in an autistic prepper world without rule scenario so you will just have fun and seek out adderal/oxy for a 3month to 2 year speedball powered street sweeping operation rather than actually trying to survive
>>
>>32388696
And when a woman can get a uti in the field if they can't clean themselves enough, the diabetic is still the better candidate for soldier
>>
>>32383749
I worked with a guy that was diabetic. He wasn't insulin dependant. Had a gut and was bottom tier PT barely passed but passed. I dont know the regs but the re may be a way around it.
>>
>>32385051
>>32385017
same fagging really hard rn
>>
>>32394671
Not even similar writing styles.
>>
File: 1477686849508.jpg (187KB, 650x910px) Image search: [Google]
1477686849508.jpg
187KB, 650x910px
>have an absolutely abhorent blood pressure for my age
>140/90 at 22 years old
>shit hearing
>super low energy
>still made it through MEPS and have my ship date for Army NG as 11C
honestly surprised
>>
>>32394739
Congratulations, other people will die because of your incompetence.
>>
>tfw you can't even find someone to fight for gratis because of your shit genes
Modern medicine was a mistake. I should never have survived infancy.
>>
>>32384076
>what is type 1 diabeetus
A jewish lie I guess?
>>
>be me
>wanted to be a pilot ever since I saw Top Gun as a kid
>get NROTC scholarship
>junior year, learn you cant be a pilot with 20/200 vision
>pay for LASIK so I at least am eligible for aviation during service selection
>20/200 corrected to 20/12
>dont get aviation, get subs
>dreams crushed
>fast forward a few months, preparing to go to DC for the notorious nuke interview
>3 days before, get called into CO's office, learn a pilot slot opened up
>learn my dreams have been un-crushed
>fast forward to last week
>in Pcola for flight school, just chilling out in A-pool
>have another flight physical
>vision goes from 20/12 to 20/20

Really hope my eyesight doesn't get any worse. Pretty sure 20/20 is the requirement.
>>
>>32393381
UTIs just hurt. They don't kill unless the infection migrates somewhere bad (and any infection can do that, from the slightest scrape, but most people don't die of scrapes).
>>
>>32383758
It's weapons and military, says so right in the sticky. Stop bitching senpai.
>>
>>32383749
I can sympathize, I wanted to be a Marine but was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease right before being eligible.
>>
>>32395817
Thats pretty common when you have LASIK before turning 30, same thing happened to a bunch of us in Regiment
>>
>>32395156
serves em right for being NG lmao
join the real army
>>
Let's see of we can salvage this thread.

To all who lost out on the military option, what did you do instead? If you became "that cop" who insists he's not a civilian, uses an M9, and LARPs as a tactical genius please fuck off.
>>
>>32397553
>To all who lost out on the military option, what did you do instead?
Shitposted here.
>>
>>32395876
The uti can still put them out of the fight and it increases the strain on logistics
>>
File: women_in_combat.jpg (1MB, 1860x1880px) Image search: [Google]
women_in_combat.jpg
1MB, 1860x1880px
>implying diabetics would somehow be worse than this
The real issue would be diabetic females.
>>
>>32398642
That's hard to read
>>
>>32401031
click the filename
>>
>>32401100
I think he means it caused him distress to read it because of how absolutely fucked it is.
>>
>>32389213
That's what I'm doing
>>
>>32385095
was thinking about getting in better shape and enlisting but life did the same thing to me, fuck cancer. Recovering from a bone marrow transplant now and havnt been home in 4 months, fuck leukemia. Good news is healing well and outlook is good.
>>
>>32401113
This
>>
>>32398642
>>32401113
>>32401031
>the US military is implementing gender policies with the subtlety of an elephant having a seizure in a china shop
>this is somehow the women's fault

ya'll niggas are getting triggered for the wrong reasons here
>>
>>32388744
Your stats are hilariously incorrect
>>
>>32383765
It's a beeping sound anon. There are no sounds and then a beeping sound. You press the bottom the moment you hear it and that's it.
>>
>>32385991
You want something that really doesn't make sense:
Psoriasis is a permanent DQ from military service.
>>
>27 years old
>double digit A1C for years
>still in perfect health
Wew lad this fire ain't burnin' me yet
>>
>>32404340
Post retinal scan results.
>>
>>32404848
Just had some a month or so ago and they said it was perfect. Don't have any scans since they don't give you them.
>>
File: 1474566688255.png (124KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1474566688255.png
124KB, 750x780px
>>32395156
>other people will die
that's why I joined the army
>>
>>32397557
So does Chlamydia, but neither it nor a UTI will literally drop a person if immediate treatment is unavailable. Diabetes can.

Soldiers can and have continued to fight when it burns when they pee, whether by STD or UTI
>>
>>32404177
It is though, its women who demand to be let in and if you don't let them in, they sue

And if you let them in but they fail to pass the standard, they sue till the standards are lowered
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 604x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 604x591px
>>32385790
Really though, you are right. Women have ruined the Army, but man has also contributed to it by being weak as fuck because life is easy now. The amount o weak/fat bodies and beta cucks in the army is fucking appalling.
I wish SMA would bring hellfire and brimstone to make this shit more about quality over quantity.
>the salty spc
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.