[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exotic Guns - Available Accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: FG42_Left[1].jpg (228KB, 1280x728px) Image search: [Google]
FG42_Left[1].jpg
228KB, 1280x728px
I want to buy some nifty things, but I hate the idea of not having an assortment of manufactures for magazines, among other things.

I was wondering if any of these .308 FG42s can use AR10 or PTR magazines, or can be made to.
>>
SMG makes 308 FG42s to use m14 mags
>>
File: DSC_0219-2-660x440[1].jpg (69KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0219-2-660x440[1].jpg
69KB, 660x440px
>>32383574
Oh well /thread I guess.

Now I just need HMG to make metal mags for their STG repro, I don't like the plastic.
>>
>>32383574
Do they make a 30-06 FG42? Does anyone?
>>
>>32383591
I cancelled my hmg preorder. Are you still holding out hope for them?
>>
>>32383604
Wait, what's going on? I didn't know there were problems.

Is it just taking them a long time to fill orders?
>>
>>32383618
bumping this
>>
>>32383618
I placed my order in last December. Have been told time and time again they weren't able to meet their deadlines. More and more went by without functioning guns. It's been a year and yesterday I asked for a refund of the $1855 or so I paid them for a gun that doesn't exist. Refund should go out today
>>
File: DSCF3098.jpg (170KB, 1076x580px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3098.jpg
170KB, 1076x580px
>>32383438
>32383438

The .308 versions use mags from the FAL from I can remember.

If you are going to go for a FG42 copy... go with the 8mm mauser one, just looks so much better and they shoot softer then a AR10
>>
>>32383820
Oh fuck. Has no one gotten their guns yet?

What's the fucking problem?
>>
>>32384026
I'm another pre order, but am hanging on still

They had some issues with prexis flats for the cetme so they had to make thier own flats / assemble rifles. This out a huge dent into the STG project. all the cetme's were finished off about a month ago and they are now focusing on the stgs.

They've been posting updates on the facebook and instagram pages, and they do look like they are taking shape.

Only thing that sucks is that they had to focus on the CA cucks because of the January 'salt weapon shit, so all the rest of us should be getting them in jan / feb. It still sucks but at this point I already waited this long.
>>
>>32384104
So I wouldn't be stupid to preorder one now too? I kind of wanted to see some in person or at least honest reviews here on /k/ before I bought.

I guess I'm asking if this is something I need to get while the gettings good or can it wait.
>>
>>32384594
If you haven't placed a preorder I wouldn't place one now.>>32384104
When did you put money down on one?
>>
>>32384104
They don't even list on their website when they will ship them anymore.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>32384645
Day 1 of the pre order... which was from what I can remember Late nov / early dec 2015 and my serial number is in the upper 100's. Again I'm not exactly thrilled that it's taken this long but Finger crossed I will have mine by at least fucking spring, when I can actually enjoy shooting it in the warmer weather as opposed to right now being up to my balls in snow.

The pre order was only for a limited time after march 2016 no more preorders were being taken. From what I read they sold about 3K guns during the preorder and another 3K rifles to dealers and stores so by the summer these should *theoretically* be in stock nationwide

Also from what I read they moved to a larger building and hired more staff, which also takes time to set up and get going.

>Also fun fact the owner and staff of the company had No idea that they were going to sell these many guns, or that there was going to be this much of a demand for a repro STG or the Cetme L . and they were completely caught with thier pants down when it came down to build and manufacture the guns in the volumes needed
>>
>>32385804
I have hope for you man. I just couldn't get constant dates that were never met. And the last one they said in November was they were trying to ship by new year. I haven't seen one move. I had to call it quits. I was December and we are past a year. I liked the idea and bought in but the execution is piss poor. Travis is cool though
>>
>>32385892
They did throw up some shooting footage on their FB page and the instagram page,

but yeah I totally understand why you pulled the plug... and I'm not surprised if a bunch of other ppl did too

Also it is nice to see updates, but the shooting gun does look to be the unfinished sample that they showed off shooting for months so I don't know
>>
>>32385892
I also have a repro stock set on hand waiting to go as the furniture that the gun has sucks, Also have an original dust cover on the way as the HMG one is missing the crimp lines. So yeah I can't just give up now.
>>
File: 2016-12-05_18.40.06.jpg (1MB, 2976x1496px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-05_18.40.06.jpg
1MB, 2976x1496px
>>32385927
Went with a Czech made vz and some racecar parts instead. Not the same but....it will work. Why wouldn't they ever update their website.
I'm waiting on the check so that will be better when it comes. I'm salty about the whole thing
>>
>>32385967
Want to buy 300 rounds of 8mm kurz? That's what I stockpiled and a repro sling
>>
>>32383438
>>32384008

Glad they made a 308 version.

Literally the only problem the '42 had was its outrageous fire rate.

Return To Castle Wolfenstein really made it rational with their version - 300/cyclic like a grease gun (which isnt just a game balance issue, its also a real life problem).

I loved using that weapon, and the nazi commandos using it made me deeply fear hearing its report (since alot of the time in those levels my health was always hovering on the low end).

I wish the real life version fired like the game one. Im sure it could be possible to tame a full auto down to 300/cyclic but it would need quite abit of reworking.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (55KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
55KB, 615x345px
>>32386022
Nah, I went with 7.62X39 pretty much the same thing as 8mm kurz, but way more affordable
>>
>>32386416
I debated 300 blackout and 8mm kurz. Went full retard on the kurz. Now I have to throw the rounds on gunbroker
>>
And now they say they may not get the check sent out until Thursday. Mother fucking cunts. Give me my money.
>>
File: 1280x720-6Xu[1].jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-6Xu[1].jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>32386096
>the only problem the '42 had was its outrageous fire rate

I think the magazine being on the left, making low ready carrying very awkward, is a problem.

I am probably the only one in the world who thinks this is a problem.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.