[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small unit tactics literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12

File: 1446509267997.jpg (78KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1446509267997.jpg
78KB, 723x1024px
Any recommendations for literature for small unit tactics? A friend of mine, and i have started playing Squad, but really suck at the tactics part, unless we have a proper squadleader.

Also infographics thread
>>
File: 1466525580882.jpg (332KB, 752x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1466525580882.jpg
332KB, 752x1126px
>>
File: 1466743097889.jpg (259KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1466743097889.jpg
259KB, 720x1280px
>>
File: fuckshitup2.jpg (202KB, 708x1056px) Image search: [Google]
fuckshitup2.jpg
202KB, 708x1056px
>>
File: How_a846a2_5619147.jpg (244KB, 723x1057px) Image search: [Google]
How_a846a2_5619147.jpg
244KB, 723x1057px
>>
File: BMP-1 all parts.jpg (844KB, 1902x1202px) Image search: [Google]
BMP-1 all parts.jpg
844KB, 1902x1202px
I guess I can contribute a little.
>>
>>32383235
Just download an infantry manual from any NATO country.
>>
File: RPG-7 diagram.jpg (1MB, 2520x1628px) Image search: [Google]
RPG-7 diagram.jpg
1MB, 2520x1628px
>>32383235
Oh yeah and, as an experienced squad leader in Squad and Project Reality, I'll tell you as much as, trying to get good small unit tactics going in squad or PR is really hard if you don't know the people or they don't respect the SL. The biggest problem is that people don't really listen, and there is no time to explain how the squad tactics should work.

Don't bother reading proper real life books on tactics, what you really need in squad is the ability to devide your squad in 2, and have them actually do anything.

The best thing you can do is have a fire support team and a movement team, fire support being a medic, AT, MG/Sniper and squad leader, with the movement team being a medic, rifleman and grenadier for optimal composition.
If you can get people to move in these groups you're pretty much MLG in squad.

As for you and your buddy, communication is key, don't talk too much on mic, listen and try directed fire, SL will tell you a general direction, and you often don't see the enemy, but you can still fire torwards marked positions which is the most effective form of long range fighting in Squad.

hope that helps and AMA about squad.
>>
>>32383235
>brake through
>>
>>32383286
This. You would need to drill with your squad beforehand so people know how to act and move in different scenarios and carry out different section commands. The most vital parts of section combat are communication, movement and shooting, in that order.
>>
>>32383286
>MLG
Please define.

>AMA about squad
I replaced my 10+ year old laptop with a newer machine and decided I should try some gaming at some point. What's the tl;dr on Squad and PR?
>>
>>32383286
When i played yesterday, my friend and i (the squadleader wasnt communicating at all) ended up in a compound more or less surronded, and could not get out without drawing fire. Further, the enemy was starting throwng grenades (i suppose) at us. How could you get out with your skin intact?

Smoke the exits, and place automatic riflemen firing in the supposed direction of the enemy, while the rest draws back and regroups?
>>
>>32383311
>You would need to drill with your squad beforehand so people know how to act and move in different scenarios and carry out different section commands.
Studying tactics gives you a better idea of what it is you should be drilling, or helps put the existing drills into context.
>>
File: mlg.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mlg.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>32383322
>MLG please define
Being Good.

>tl;dr on Squad and PR
PR: Autistic people squinting at pixels trying to figure out what the fuck is going on while pretending to be real life soldiers, and getting angry at people pointing out Cobra helicopters flying upside down is not very realistic.

Squad: Bunch of scrubs panicking while everyone is dieing around them, yelling in their microphone for orders while Russian soldiers shouting cyka blyat mows down your wanna be american soldiers with a shower of RPGs and 14.7mm projectiles rarely seen in games and movies.

Also a few autists who actually know what they are doing who go around like space marines destroying scrubs using tactics and HE-FRAG warheads.
>>
>>32383235
>brake through
what sort of shitstick made these?
>>
File: MiG-29 cutout.jpg (236KB, 1878x1177px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-29 cutout.jpg
236KB, 1878x1177px
>>
>>32383341
>Russian soldiers shouting cyka blyat
Are there actually enough Russian speaking players that this is a thing, or is it slavaboos shouting memes? How's the non English speaking community in each game? One of the reasons I'm interested in gaming is the opportunity to practice foreign languages.
>>
>>32383322
>>32383341
I'm not >>32383341 or >>32383322, but I've been loving Squad - the current modern tactical first person shooter genre generally has 3 sides or areas:

1. "Casual" games like Battlefield and Call of Duty that are silly, but have great graphics
2. Indie games that are very simple (ie they feel like they're Counterstrike mods) but are more thoughtful and play well
3. Milsim games - basically ARMA, where the movement and shooting is mediocre, but the potential for proper combined arms tactics, complex strategies, etc is there.

Squad in my opinion has the best traits of all 3 areas - it has great graphics, it's core gameplay mechanics are fairly fluid (you don't have to press the V key and wait for an animation to play out to get over a knee-high wall, instead you can just jump), although not perfect, and while it's not as grand in scale as ARMA, it seriously requires coordination, decent strategy and communication to win. There are some autismos that get pissed off if you don't do everything as they say to the letter, etc and it's not that that uncommon for a team that's losing badly to break down and bitch at each other, but most of the community is pretty good.
>>
>>32383385
You'll have 1 or 2 english speaking squads on every server more or less. Yes there are enough Russians for that to be a thing, though they are surprisingly good at english in this game.

Germans and French people on european servers usually are common enough to make their own squads too.
>>
>>32383403
Some people complain that the equipment switching is too slow.
>>
>>32383433
Sweet, German and Russian are two languages I'd like to learn. Are Spanish speaking squads common?
>>
>>32383456
It is pretty slow, the reloading of weapons in squad is also unbearably slow, they are chilling more reloading their weapons then people at a range, let alone people who's life depend on it.
>>
>>32383469
Yeah but they are usually smaller.
>>
>>32383235
Evasion
>>
>>32383456
>>32383471
It is slower than some games, but it's not that bad and I'd say ARMA is slower still. If you empty your magazine without killing the enemy or without getting to a location where you can't spend ~3 seconds reloading, you probably deserve to get killed.

That said, it'd be neat if reload speed was dynamic - if you're out of breath to the point where you can't run at all, reloading should be slow. If you're prone, it should take longer than in other stances, if you're suppressed by enemy fire, you should reload faster due to fight-or-flight adrenaline.
>>
>>32383333
Well that goes without saying, or at least, youd think so. Depends on the number and armaments of your troop.
>>
>>32383493
.tfw rng fumbles your reload irl
>all that muscle memory wasted
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.