[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conscription general tell us about your stories/advice from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1469719664304.jpg (650KB, 1276x667px) Image search: [Google]
1469719664304.jpg
650KB, 1276x667px
Conscription general

tell us about your stories/advice from conscription

Finns&Estonians welcomed, everyone else too
>>
File: naamapalmu-paivystaja.jpg (150KB, 666x959px) Image search: [Google]
naamapalmu-paivystaja.jpg
150KB, 666x959px
its the best and worst time of life

t. finn
>>
>>32382746
so ive heard
>>
>>32382711
>Did 6 months in '05
>Basic military training
>Artillery specialization
>Had to grit my teeth and bite my tongue through basic cause hurr durr military discipline
>After basic it became quite fun cause I was stationed in a small base in rural area
>You do your job and after that CO lets you do whatever if it isn't completely retarded
>Spent most of my time in a nearby village, drinking and playing cards in a tavern
>Met new people, kept contact with 2 of them cause we became buddies
>All in all, a great and positive experience
>10/10, would recommend to any non-aspie
>>
File: a_day_in_finlan.jpg (296KB, 1000x1824px) Image search: [Google]
a_day_in_finlan.jpg
296KB, 1000x1824px
How true is this finns?
>>
advice
>be ready for your feet to bleed if you're not already used to walking a lot in hard soled shoes
>don't be that guy
>don't be a fuckup
>hold your tongue, respect your officers and NCOs
>have fun

that's basically all of it. Swiss Army infantry here, ready to answer questions.
>>
>>32382863
100%
>>
Yall dont know the true pain of 3 year conscription followed by yearly drills (at least) in reserves until you are old enough to fart dust.
>>
>>32382878
> hold your tongue and respect NCOs
Swiss army sounds boring. In the IDF by the end of advanced combat training you're supposed to be on spontane fosticuffs terms with your NCO
>>
File: 1482197925006.png (530KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482197925006.png
530KB, 800x900px
>>32382711
dedovshchina is good.
>>
>>32382711
Get some tips from brothers/friends/relatives - sometimes the NCOs are retarded and don't show you the best way to do things.

E.g. best way to clean the gas piston of my AUG was to rub it on the old wooden floor tiles of our room - only 5 sec to remove all residue.
>>
>>32383044
... I'ma try this next time I'm using an AUG. Always just used a touch bit of oil and the receiver brush from a cleaning kit or a pocket knife
>>
I enlisted in The United States Marine Corps in 1994. I 1999 I was honorably discharged as an E5. Apparently I was stationed in Okinawa for a large portion of that time. I remember nothing.
>>
>>32383044
>>32383066
I used a fistful of gravel on my AK. Just don't clench your fist too hard. (I presume AUG piston is made of quality steel)
>>
>>32383066
You won't be disappointed (if you have the right wood tiles).
It always took ages to clean the piston with just oil and the issued rags - unfortunately I've learned the trick after already four month in.
>>
>>32382711
Did 4 months of basic training in Denmark. We where clearly the best performing of the three squads in my platoon. Basically we where the squad with the most guys who have gone to "gymnasium" (college I guess) and most of us inlcuding me had done a lot of all-round training before like running, gymnastics and hiking with a backpack.
As far as advice goes basically what the others said. I was lucky to get in a serious squat so we gave each other respect when we put an efford into what we did. Even those who where badly out of shape got respect if they tried their best ( like collapsing after the finish line of a run). On the other hand those who kept dragging his group down and making excuses where hated - don't be that guy.
>>
>>32383138
>"gymnasium" (college I guess)
here in Finland "gymnasiet", "Lukio" in Finnish, is approximately equal to American high school.
>>
>>32383138
>>32383156
General-purpose 4 year high school?
>>
File: suomen_armeija.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
suomen_armeija.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
>>32382863
>How true is this finns?

150%

Guys with 9 months are local equivalents of terminal lcpl once 6 months guys and conscript leaders of their platoon fuck off to reserve. Basically daily routine is breakfast-lunch-dinner-off duty with minor risk of random assignments 4 days out of 5 and one day that involves something resembling working, at least in infantry companies. Military police have their daily grind until the end.

>>32383023
>Yall dont know the true pain of 3 year conscription followed by yearly drills (at least) in reserves until you are old enough to fart dust.

Lack of need for operational troops that can be mobilized immediately shortens service times nicely. You wouldn't have 3 year conscript service if your neighbors weren't savages.
>>
>>32383166
The people here actually like the reserves duty. It's like a yearly meetup with the old boys the country organizes for you, complete with an excuse for your wife.
>>
File: army_failure.jpg (114KB, 637x475px) Image search: [Google]
army_failure.jpg
114KB, 637x475px
>>32383174
>The people here actually like the reserves duty. It's like a yearly meetup with the old boys the country organizes for you, complete with an excuse for your wife.

Perfectly understandable.

We don't get that on yearly basis. I got reserve call ups like 3 and 6 years after service and haven't had any ever since. I'm thinking about joining provincial volunteer company, just for some government sponsored ammunition to waste.
>>
File: saavutus.png (17KB, 180x196px) Image search: [Google]
saavutus.png
17KB, 180x196px
>>32383165
three years but yeah. we also have trade/vocational schools at the same level
t. fingol
>>
>>32383207
maakuntaukko here, your post reminded me I needed to do my annual equipment check & report the results to certain skappari, thanks.

as for your pic, "sukset nopeuttavat liikkumista, etenkin talvella" -official FDF document regarding winter warfare
>>
>>32383166
What kind of operational duty does a Finnbro expect when conscripted? Or is it 100% training for the day SHTF?
>>
>>32383283
just training and a week on stand-by once or twice over the course of their service in case the police needs a platoon of conscripts to help them find a person lost in the woods/their help is needed clearing fallen trees after a storm/some other tasks that the emergency services can't handle on their own, plus of course truck drivers, medics and MPs etc. have duties associated with the need to keep base hospitals staffed, the bases guarded and logistical capacity available to move shit from A to B 24/7
>>
>>32383283

Purely training, no operational readiness required. Since Ukraine happened, there have been talks about returning to old system where minimum service time was 9 months. The currently shortes six month service time is basically result of the of the Cold War, security environment was deemed to be that stable that very rapid mobilization seemed unlikely. Back then "oldest" conscripts would have been used to secure some key targets and to help mobilizing reserves by getting stuff from depots prepared. Until late 80's and early 90's there used to be quite a lot tiny single logistics company garrisons, usually close to major cities due to rapid mobilization requirement that was obvious during Cold War.

When they cut shortest service time by three months, they just crammed all of training in shorter time. As result conscript training just got more intensive.
>>
>>32383422
this reminds me, there's a proposed bill in Eduskunta to allow FDF hire reservists temporarily as contract soldiers, I don't remember the specifics, but I get the feeling that the idea is to circumvent the law that denies reservists certain rights during peace time, including the "grey period" during which peace-time law is in effect but enemy action is expected to take place on Finnish soil
>>
My service ended on the 15th here in finland so everything is in resent memory. I don't know what you want to know so i can answer questions. I am by training a 2nd lieutenant (MP Platoon leader)
>>
>getting cuckscripted to fight and die overseas for corrupt elites' interests

How and why do yurokeks put up with this shit?
>>
>>32385957
Son, that's not how conscription works.
>>
>>32385957
>How and why do yurokeks put up with this shit?
can't speak for every European country with conscription, but in Finland the only ones sent to UN/EU operations are volunteers, even the one unit training conscripts specifically for international operations doesn't send conscripts into actual operations (exercises abroad are one thing), instead when the conscripts in that unit muster out they are given the *choise* of volunteering to go with the next rotation with openings.
>>
>>32386122
No country sends conscripts anywhere IIRC. Countries that have pro military alongside conscripts may send conscripts to help out with civilian/humanitarian shit but never across the country border.
>>
>>32385957
>amerilard education
>>
>>32383072
>conscription thread
>OH AND BY THE WAY IMMA MUHREEN
lel
>>
File: 1480194799534.jpg (521KB, 700x545px) Image search: [Google]
1480194799534.jpg
521KB, 700x545px
>>32382863
Ha ! That happens with the chilean conscription too.
T.chilean conscript
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.