[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose a nigger wanted to keep some water indefinitely. Say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x627px
Suppose a nigger wanted to keep some water indefinitely. Say he wanted two 55 gal drums to last "forever." Would a pump and filter keep the water from going flat and remain clean? What kind of setup would you recomend?
>>
>>32379166
i dont think you could store water indefinitely

but id get a fish tank circulation pump and air bubbler to make it last longer at a higher quality you can also probably get additives to reduce bacteria growth
>>
>>32379166
Chlorine tablets before you intend to use it, make sure to give it adequate contact time to the tune of ~10 hours if you aren't mixing.
>>
>>32379166
Water should last indefinitely two ways - as ice, or canned up without oxygen. Either way, you won't get any microorganisms living in it and it'll stay clean.
>>
>>32379166
purified water with the right salts and nitrogen

or you could carbonate it

also try asking /out/ and /DIY/
>>
Its just not possible. Not forever anyways. Even the Coast Guard has a maximum shelf life of 5 years for properly stored water.
>>
Git.
>>
The most secure way to store water long-term might be to store only gaseous hydrogen and then turn it into water as needed. With proper equipment you can break down water to get more hydrogen back and refill the tanks.
>>
Ice is probably the easiest method, because if you know how to make an old-fashioned icehosue and your climate has freezing temperatures every year you can store ice without electricity and with minimal labor.
>>
>>32381368
Icehouse, even. It's old technology and not that difficult. You will lose some ice over the year due to melting and evaporation but you can replenish it with winter precipitation.
As long as it's kept clean, ice will be good for thousands and thousands of years.
>>
>>32379166
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/04/01/hydration-for-the-apocalypse-how-to-store-water-for-long-term-emergencies/ GOOGLE
>>
>>32381419
Yeah, I read that already, nigger. That's why I want a pump to keep it from going flat and a filter to make double sure it's clean. Damn, nigger.
>>
File: p5judrqizgrlegyxg0kx.jpg (61KB, 281x520px) Image search: [Google]
p5judrqizgrlegyxg0kx.jpg
61KB, 281x520px
Pic related. Also look up how to make your own charcoal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.