[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are glocks still relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: glock 19 gen4.jpg (38KB, 688x450px) Image search: [Google]
glock 19 gen4.jpg
38KB, 688x450px
Other than brand loyalty, tradition and fanboyism is there any reason to get a glock in 2017? The main thing that they are known for is being THE reliable, versitile striker fired pistol, but now days they just seem kind of outdated and overpriced. There are so many striker fired guns out there. If you want a cheap, decent pistol, you have the M&P and the SR9. If you want a mid priced striker fired pistol you have the Walther PPQ, the FN9, and the CZ-P10 is coming out. The thing is all of these pistols have better sights, better trigger pulls (well maybe not the M&P) and better ergos than the Glock. The only advantage the Glock has is cheaper and interchangeable magazines and a ton of after market mods, but the reason these after market mods are available is because the glock is so damn mediocre out of the box, and yet they are still mostly going for over 500 dollars.

So please, tell me, what advantages does the glock have over these other guns?

Not a troll thread. I own a glock 19 and I'm going through some buyers remorse, or just wondering whether I made the right decision.
>>
>what advantages does the glock have over these other guns?

it works, pure and simple.
>>
It's the Coca-Cola of the firearms world.

Sure Coke is alright and readily available everywhere, but there's definitely better drinks out there if you're willing to look.
>>
>>32379186
> It works
>as a grenade
>>
ok cool man
>>
>>32379153
>what advantages does the glock have over these other guns
A rampant flamboyant loud fanbase that will shill for them and defend their shortcomings as positives (lol trigger safety)
>>
File: ONeill_Moore_Maxi_Dress.webm (3MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
ONeill_Moore_Maxi_Dress.webm
3MB, 404x720px
If my life were on the line I'd only trust a Glock or a revolver. They just work, period.
>>
>>32379153

I just like them. You know what's eventually outdated and overpriced? Everything. There are plenty of pistols and it's really kind of hard to buy a bad one. If you like it and you shoot it well then great. If not look at the alternatives.

I'd say if you like what you're shooting and shoot it well that's the only advantage that counts.
>>
>buyers remorse on a Glock 19
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
quit overthinking it OP
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32379186
yeah I know. That's been my experience with it. It works. I'll shoot it and once I apply the right grip most of the bullets will hit the target (and I'm a fucking garbage marksman as you can see here) and it's easy to use.

But don't these others guns also work?
>>
>>32379153
>Still relevant
Yes.

>Reason to get one
You want one.

>advantages
Pretty massive aftermarket. You can get a holster for pretty much any configuration of a glock without resorting to those shitty "one-size-fits-all" holsters. That's just an example.

If you really want another handgun just go and buy one you like. It's absolutely that simple.

>>32379259
>no penis
Lame.
>>
File: FNFNS9.jpg (102KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
FNFNS9.jpg
102KB, 950x950px
>>32379259
>>32379302
>>32379300
OK I know that they "just work" but what makes them work better than the guns I listed?

Anything?

Yeah I can shoot my glock fine, yeah I trust my life to it and like the fact that if I were to have to use it, it would do what it needed to do, but what actual advantages does it have over it's many competitors, many of which are much more reasonably priced. I shoot my glock a lot, but I don't really love shooting it as much as my other guns. The trigger sucks (I do plan on doing a cheap trigger job on it, the one that makes it just as heavy but more consistent), the stock sights are annoying, and the ergos feel like they weren't designed for a human hand. It doesn't slip into your hand the way a 1911 or a Hi power does, your hand has to warm up to it.

I have to try out one of these FNs some time. They look sexy as fuck
>>
>>32379153
They're like iPhones.
They were king once, but now there's better options. Everyone knows there are better options, but most still go for them, and there's a huge aftermarket for them.
>>
>>32379153
>i got 2 extra mags and a case bro
2 cheap mags and a generic case are nothing to be proud of

>i got more ammo with what i saved
Big deal
unless youre stockpiling then its literally irrelevant

>glock has a shitty stock trigger/sights
subjective and nowadays they come stock with better everything

>its all the same thing so just get the cheaper one
with that attitude then everyone should just be as cheap as possible and get a kel tec or a hi point. But fortunately people like nice things that work all the time

You made the right decision.
The interchangable mags, aftermarket, ubiquity make it very worth it in a sea of polymer strikers.

Also
>lel enjoy your grenade
This meme needs to die along with .40sw
>>
>>32379429
I never said anything about grenades lol. I'm just wondering what makes Glocks better than the M&P, SR9, FN9, PPQ, and the CZ P-10? and so far I haven't gotten an answer other than "it just werks"

Ok, WHAT on it works better than those other guns?
>>
File: 1408461777797.jpg (57KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1408461777797.jpg
57KB, 450x338px
>>32379221
>>
File: IMG_8901.jpg (71KB, 522x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8901.jpg
71KB, 522x583px
>>32379413
>better options
>he fell for the VR meme
Did you also send your kids a tweet this morning grandpa?
>>
File: IMG_4657.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4657.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
The only people who buy Glocks are artesians who practice gunmanship.
>>
I don't really like Glocks that much, but I CAN customize the ever loving shit out of them. Kind of a result of Glocks being so popular I guess.

Customizability is a big thing for me when I'm trying to shoot competitively.
>>
>>32379153
I've never shot a gun in my life, but I feel like shit is getting too crazy. I am going to get professional training and take classes. I want to know what handguns I should look at purchasing, given my situation.

I live in a Midwest state with very pro 2nd amendment gun laws.
>>
I have shot quite a few different manufacturers handguns. I am gonna be buying some glocks in the near future. Like other people said, they just work. The aftermarket for them is just insane. That being said, I shot a G34 the other day, and I absolutely loved it. It was accurate, reliable and just fun to shoot.

Sure, I still have my HKs, Springfields and a couple others. But why limit yourself to just 1 when you can have a few?
>>
>>32379569
This guy is here from /b/. Don't expect much from him.
>>
>>32379606
Well i didn't want to make a whole new thread for my question, and didn't realize until after replying that i was in a bait thread
>>
>>32379624
Make your own thread lol. It's ok. Really.
>>
>>32379569
Lol you sound like me a few months ago. You don't need professional training to get into guns. Watch some videos on gun safety most importantly. If you are poor as fuck get a Zastava M70A or a Bulgarian Makarov. Honestly though I reccomend saving up about 500 dollars. That will give you a fuckton of options and you can pick pretty much any frame you want, in which case pick the one that feels best to you
>>
>>32379153
Some people just want to carry a gun that's reliable
>>
>>32379468
Glock has less safeties to release before use than other guns. It only has the one on the trigger and it remains drop safe to this day.

Glock has been around longer, is easier to find and sell, easy to find mags for, easy to find the right size and caliber for different people/jobs, easy to maintain (assemble/disassemble), has a huge following (yes, its a plus), interchangable mags on almost every model, an enormous aftermarket of custom and improved parts, and its more reliable than some polymers like the VP9 (jamsin water) and a CZ (poor quality steel).

If you want to feel like a special snowflake and own something different then do it. Don't let anonymous stop you.
>>
>>32379153
>I own a glock 19 and I'm going through some buyers remorse

What? The only two handguns I touch anymore are my Glock 19 and my P2000. I'm getting ready to sell my Legion P226 and keep my Glock and HK.

Quit being one of those retards who actually thinks the grass is greener on the other side.
>>
>tfw Glocks require a trigger job just to be able to to double-tap.
>>
>>32379508
What the fuck is a VR?
>>
>>32379153
>better, though less traditional, grip angle for rapid fire
>unparalleled aftermarket support because of previous success
>demonstrably more reliable than top competing offerings from Walther, Ruger, and S&W (according to TFB and MAC reliability tests)
>Manufacturer most commonly used by police and armed citizens for personal defense (enchant of +1 legal defense)
>Free spring replacement at Glock matches all around the country
>Total compatibility of larger sized mags in all smaller pistols
>Training most likely of any design to translate if you ever have to use a policeman's gun

I too struggle with having a Glock as my HD/CC when so many sexier options are flooding the market. The grass is always greener on the other side, anon, but sometimes a boring and plain gun to do the important things with is best.
>>
>>32379153
>Is a proven design and has a decades long track record
>Cost-effective
>Good aftermarket
>Easy maintenance. Glock armorer's tool is cheap and small
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (892KB, 2370x2884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
892KB, 2370x2884px
Another plus: did not start WW3
>>
>>32379153>>32379221

they can take out russian diplomats cant they
>>
>>32379403
Fewer moving parts = less chance for malfunction.
>>
>>32380611
That means Marakov's and Glock's rule the handgun world.....

Fittingly, they tend to.
>>
>>32379153
It's the Toyota Corolla of duty handguns

>Glock - it's a gun!
>>
>>32380531
That wasn't a glock fuckwit.
>>
>>32379413

I'd say they're more like Samsung galaxies because they explode randomly.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.