[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.308 Riffle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Model783-Scope.jpg (68KB, 2533x610px) Image search: [Google]
Model783-Scope.jpg
68KB, 2533x610px
Thoughts on the Remington 783???
>>
File: Ech.jpg (6KB, 252x167px) Image search: [Google]
Ech.jpg
6KB, 252x167px
>>32376415
R E M S H I T
R
E
M
S
H
I
T
>>
>>32376415

eh

if you get a deal maybe?

at the end of the day its just a cheap durr rifle

what niche are you looking to fill?
>>
I have one. It's got a little more kick than a 12 gauge but fuck is it accurate. I have a Mosin and it is definitely a big step up. They usually can come with a decent scope too.
>>
>>32376438
I just want to shoot accurately with it. Maybe hunt.
>>
>>32376438
And I found one for $350.
>>
>>32377876
>>32377870

I got mine for less 2 years ago with a rebate. It's an alright rifle. Not super accurate, but not awful either.

imo you're better off getting a NICE yugo m48, I'm talking assembled then and put in storage and never fired nice. They'll be just as accurate, if not more so, and they'll feel much better. It will also relatively hold value compared to remshit. inb4 its not .308, who cares 8mm mauser is only a few cents more when buying ammo online like you should already be doing.
>>
Significantly better than the 710 or 770 bargain rifles they were building in the past. Built very similar to a Savage Axis.
>>
>>32376415
Hijacking thread
Whats /k/s opinion on the Howa 1500 in. 308?
I like special snowflake guns and want to know if its worth my time
>>
>>32376415
I got one as a present as my first durr gun, it's pretty good, buy a Nikon scope and it's a cheap durr gun
>>
Friend bought one for hunting this year, he was pulling off 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards on his first outing with it, and he's an extremely novice shooter.
In fact, it was probably the first time he ever fired a scoped rifle.

The cheap scope it comes with is kinda shit, but still very usable.
>>
My friend had the .30-06 version. Absolute dogshit. Kicks like a mule and the bolt would fly out the back half the time you'd pull it back.

Save up and get a Ruger American.
>>
>>32380235
Howa's are great guns. Certainly better than the alternatives i.e. Rem 700 or winchester 70.
>>
>>32376415
>Thoughts on the Remington 783???
Yeah, my thoughts are get a Savage or Tikka and don't waste your money on that shit.
>>
>>32380405
Thats what my research has lead me to belive.
My fudd uncle basically said it would be shit cause he never heard of it.
He was also bad mouthing CZ rifles and suggested I look at the new kKimber rifles.
>>
>>32376415
I'm a slut for Savage, but go for the Axis II. Or even better, the 10/11 (wood/synthetic) trophy hunter xp package. Comes with a nikon prostaff bdc which is pretty good, plus there a $75 rebate going on from now until the end of the year. Thats my next durr rifle purchase anyway.
>>
I'm here in Aus and thinking of a Weatherby Vanguard II in .270 for my carry goat/pig rifle.

Anyone heard good things about them ?
>>
My dudes, just get an older production Rem 700 or Win model 70
>>
>>32380235
Howa's are Remington replica's.
> Prone to rust
> Not a big aftermarket.
>>
>>32376415
Here you go. Thank me later.

https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/rifles/savage-arms-model-10-fcp-sr/
>>
Remshit owner here. The only reason I love my Gamemaster 760 in .308 is because my grandpa gave it to me one deer season, and when I was packing to go home, he gave me a case and said "you'll need this to bring that home with you."

The magazine is tricky to seat properly, you can't just slap it in or it won't go far up enough. Last deer season, the forearm came off when I racked it after shooting at a deer. I grabbed the part it attaches to so I could chamber another round and I did get the deer. Back at the cabin I found that two screws hold it in, and one had come loose. I shot it quite a bit over the summer but that shouldn't happen to a gun.

tl;dr buy a Savage
>>
>>32382795
This, Savage are the best budget bolts for your money.
>>
>>32376415
>Thoughts on the Remington 783???
Get a mossberg patriot.
>>
>>32376415
>buying remington
>post cerberous
>laughing girls.jpg
Buy a savage Axis,ruger american or howa 1500
>>
Save up a little more and buy a savage or a tikka they are roughly around the same price as eachother and both are great.

Buy once cry once. Or buy a remshit that youre happy with for like a month or two before you want to buy another rifle to do the same damn job.
>>
>>32376415
No. Ruger, Savage, and Mossberg for budget guns.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.