[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perfect forward grip placement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: FullSizeRender.jpg (585KB, 3144x1634px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
585KB, 3144x1634px
I just received my beautiful push release Saimaa Still Suppressor + adjustable comp, Inforce weaponslight and a new sceleton forward grip for my AAC .300 BLK AR-15.

After ripping trough the wrappings I was left with a big dilemma:
I cant find the right balance for this thing, feels front heavy as fuck. This makes me inclined to put the grip as front as possible to make the weight easier to handle, however with the grip front and suppressor off it then makes my hand a bit overextended from the optimal also straining the muscles.

So, any thoughts on this;
What compromise should I make?

(I added two hex keys to demonstrate my alternative attachment options)
>>
File: FullSizeRender-1.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
And while we wait for this question to simmer and find an AR guru who knows... please feast on this beautiful suppressor <3
>>
File: FullSizeRender-2.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
(Is there some way to add a video here? You should see how this thing clicks on and off!)
>>
>>32376390
>Buys heavy ass KAC handguard
>Buys heavy ass can
>Wants advice on how to make his rifle feel less front heavy

I... I dont know how to help you dude.
>>
>>32376427
lurk moar stupid newfag
>>
>>32376390
Get a heavy ass stock, get a lighter handguard, shorten the barrel, get a lighter suppressor, get rid of the suppressor, stop being a pussy
>>
>>32376444
Bought a complete rifle from AAC inc: upper, lower, trigger, hand guards.

And you already helped me out (kinda, in the midst of all that clever sarcasm). Didn't know the KAC was especially heavy.
>>
>>32376472
My whole question revolved around finding a good position to balance the rifle, not where I should add or loose weight.

>get rid of suppressor
Hmm.. might suppressing capabilities have been the reason I bought a .300 BLK rifle...
Hmmmm. Might the added weight be the reason I bought a suppressor that can be released as easy as a magazine

>Stop being a pussy
I would have to come back with: Please, child. Purchase your first firearm before you post.
>>
>>32376512
Stop being a fucking pussy and stop being a fucking faggot.

If you came here thinking you would find intelligent discussion because you act high and mighty then you're just a fucking faggot.
>>
>>32376462
Time flies.. I was here before the guy faweks mask and fancy new tech such as htlm video or whatever the kids use these days.

But daytime /k/ is still the same I see.
>>
>>32376544

No one cares about your shitty rifle
>>
>perfect forward grip placement
Off of the rifle.
>>
>>32376544
Sure you were

That's definitely why you would ask if you can host a video on an imageboard.
>>
>>32376390
If its front heavy and straining then you need to lose weight in the front or gain more in the back to balance, less weight is better obviously. My advice is to get the lightest handgun you can find.
>>
>>32376390
Foregrip placement won't change your center of mass. There's nothing you can do other than add/remove weight.

That said, move it forward for increased control at the expense of increased muscle fatigue.
>>
>>32376577
Yes, Im old.. and I only come here for /k/ these last 8years :)

>>32376645
Not center of mass but point of balance.

>>32376613
A light stock that can accept a magazine could be a good way to add weight without carrying anything extra.
>>
>>32376713
Then prove it because everything you've said so far has done otherwise.

Including your faggy smiley face.
>>
Daytime /k/...

How about a quick release vertical grip that you can move from front to center depending if you are shooting sub heavy or not?
>>
>>32376944
Only real advice in this thread.
>>
>>32376390
Random question: what flashlight do you have on your rifle? just curious
>>
>>32378179
http://www.inforce-mil.com/weapon-mounted-lights.html

super happy with it.
weighs nothing and clips on and off in two seconds.
>>
File: IMG_8191.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8191.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>32376390
Buy a magpul ubr or find ways to shave weight off the front

As for a vfg, just find what fits you. No right or wrong there
>>
Get a pencil barrel or get a lighter rail like the kmr. Try a KAG or handstop instead of a metal vert.

But yeah the weight is in the barrel/rail every time and accessories dont help.
>>
solution: lift some weights you pansy
>>
>>32378305
That doesn't change the balance of his gun you fucktard. Read the thread
>>
>>32376713
>Not center of mass but point of balance.
You are retarded.
>>
>>32376390
Have you tried bringing the grip back closer to the mag well? This will put you in a better position to support the weight without as much fatigue.
>>
>>32378226
Awesome light! Thank you
>>
It may seem silly anon, but try adjusting your stock instead. That may be the issue, if you collapse the stock your support hand doesn't have to be as far out, and it brings the weight closer to your body.

Might be a stupid suggestion but is worth a shot!
>>
File: IMG_0858.jpg (3MB, 1574x3130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
3MB, 1574x3130px
>>32376390

>>32378475
This and adding a heavier stock are good options to help rebalance the rifle.
>>
>super cool $$$rifle heavy
>mad cause heavy cost money
Just spend more to make it light again.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.