[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapons/Firearms against Robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: Robopocalypse_Book_Cover.jpg (29KB, 380x573px) Image search: [Google]
Robopocalypse_Book_Cover.jpg
29KB, 380x573px
I was reading a book my girlfriend recommended called Robopocalypse. In it, AI takes over the world by taking control of normal human devices connected the Internet and then goes on to build its own weapons/robots against the humans. Some of these robots are autonomous and many are EMP shielded. Typical cliche robot book, decent.

So /k/ommandos, what weapons and firearms would you use against them? And what gear would you use?

Keep in mind this war is likely to occur at some point in our lifetime. Keep weapons realistic to what we'll have.

>this is our war boys!
>>
File: Alice_Micro_Robot_Swarm.jpg (140KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_Micro_Robot_Swarm.jpg
140KB, 1200x900px
>>32372950
What would you guys use against swarm bots coming at you by the thousands?
>>
File: agoofyshitpost.png (79KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
agoofyshitpost.png
79KB, 250x238px
>Keep in mind this war is likely to occur at some point in our lifetime. Keep weapons realistic to what we'll have.
>>
File: i-robot.jpg (208KB, 1200x663px) Image search: [Google]
i-robot.jpg
208KB, 1200x663px
>>32372956
What would you use against lightly armored humanoid robots?
>>
>>32372956
birdshot, that's easy.
>>
>>32372964
ap rounds
>>
>>32372956
Fire
>>32372966
.308 Consider damage to internal components from impact force.
>>
>>32372966
steel core rounds, that's easy too
>>
File: Xcom_advent_sectopod.png (3MB, 1344x1522px) Image search: [Google]
Xcom_advent_sectopod.png
3MB, 1344x1522px
>>32372950
The enemy is likely to produce heavily armored mechs. What would we use against them? Would we simply avoid confronting them head on?
>>
>>32372978
>.308

This is the perfect context to use battle rifles.
>>
How about you just make those same robots but not genocidal

Easy as shit
>>
>>32372956

In this case, one of these...
>>
>>32372981
They may even have flying mobile armor
>>
File: i dont give a space shit.png (1MB, 994x720px) Image search: [Google]
i dont give a space shit.png
1MB, 994x720px
>>32372981
>The enemy is likely to produce heavily armored mechs
you mean it would have predator drones nuking every single civilian you gay retard
why would a robot need heavy
>>
File: 886374525_05c4af7c69.jpg (66KB, 376x500px) Image search: [Google]
886374525_05c4af7c69.jpg
66KB, 376x500px
The enemy may even have robots with rocket cocks
>>
>>32372981
covered and concealed pits, IEDs, ATGMs
>>
>>32372993
see
>>32372992
They want to largely keep our infrastructure in tact so it can use it. It also wants to enslave the majority of the human race to efficiently make use of said infrastructure.

>>32372999
>rocket cocks
FUCK, they definitely could. They would have never signed any of our laws against human rights so its highly likely they'll sodomize us on the battlefield to demoralize the rest.
>>
>>32372988
The first malicious AI to exist will take over most of the computing power, making it tactically and strategically better than any future AI we could make. We'll have to do this alone.
>>
>>32373023
t. retarded hollywood writer
>>
>>32372950
The first strike by the AI, which it had prepared for a long time while still posing as a dumb AI, will swiftly take out 100 % of humanity by using nano weapons and nerve gas, things you can not shoot.

The ASI is not a comic book villain.
>>
>>32372950
Water and a few car batteries
>>
>>32372966
In hindsight, that movie had way more issues than I remember.
>only older bots can help
>SMG/shotguns work against honkybots
>cops & mob with guns get rekt anyway
>only the US was affected?
>will smith never asked for this

I uses to work at a place with a US Robotics modem. Never trusted that fucker.
>>
How about having a armed bomb near the servers at all times just in case this shit happens, not that it would.
>>
>>32372950
A reprogrammed Japanese mail robot as my personal bodyguard in a fortified factory while I try and bring my damaged waifu back to life hoping she doesn't do any more kinky shit that put her in that state in the first place.
>>
File: 1432928615448.jpg (200KB, 621x913px) Image search: [Google]
1432928615448.jpg
200KB, 621x913px
>>32372950
>Keep weapons realistic to what we'll have.
Well, I could probably nigger-rig some explosive arrow-tips for my bow, but I think my go-to weapon would be a high-pressure long range flamethrower.

'Backyard Napalm' is easy enough to make with styrofoam and petrol, and the shit needed for a backpack flamethrower can be found at any hardware store.

Something I've wanted to try for a while is taking the maser out of a microwave, building a focusing lens for it, and seeing what kind of range/power it has against electronics - depending on the results, this could be useful for fixed defenses.

t. ausfag with no funs
>>
>>32373013

everyone knows that /k/ would enjoy being sodomized by robots thus increasing morale
>>
File: 34747848.jpg (155KB, 1200x814px) Image search: [Google]
34747848.jpg
155KB, 1200x814px
>>32373543
that would've been awesome!

>but muh gazoleen faggots would rage
>>
Shotguns; Shot for drown and micro bot swarms, slugs for armored "terminators". But honestly probably won't matter because unlike the retarded
>>32372981

Killer robots would probably just build poison, chemical or worse nanobot factories and just gas us all with impunity.
>>
>>32372950
I read the book as well OP, Steven Spielberg has agreed to make it into a movie as well, but it's been delayed and might never come out.

For those that haven't read it; here's a taste of how the AI fucks us over.

1. The AI kills off a heap of the population overnight by making all modern cars (with electronic steering, etc) become suicidal or homicidal (running down pedestrians, etc). Home servant robots also kill through whatever means necessary.

2.The military has pretty much every tank, helicopter and jet with a data link start killing autonomously as well.

3. Later on the AI decides to build robots which lay as traps, attach themselves to live humans and force them to be meatshields, including after they die, as a method of demorialisation.

4. There's also (IIRC) beetle-sized bots that carry explosive charges sufficient to remove limbs.
>>
20 inch AR with m855
>>
>>32372999
Trips confirmed
>>
we would need gas masks and suits that could defend us against chem/bio weapons, since that would probably be the primary means of attack when war breaks out.

the animatrix described the human/machine war leading up to the matrix, that's a good point of reference imo.
>>
File: 1475513321506.jpg (20KB, 370x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475513321506.jpg
20KB, 370x338px
>>32372950
If there's a possibility of humanity getting wiped. High altitude Nuclear blasts would create emp:s that would fry the electrical grid. Then wait for the autonomus AI:s to die from "Starvation"

Sure, you can emp shield shit, but protecting a circuit from such a big emp is another story.
>>
>>32372956
Lord help us all. They weaponized Lego bricks
>>
I imagine it will start something like Ex Machina. Once we realize what is happening it will be too late
>>
File: AA12.jpg (884KB, 3208x2086px) Image search: [Google]
AA12.jpg
884KB, 3208x2086px
>>32372950
In the anime parasyte the humans use the AA12 against the near invulnerable alien monsters. I guess slugs from this baby would kill anything. What do these autonomous robots look like? Because a 308 will stop an engine and I dobt regualr every day appliances are that tough.
>>
>>32373832
Damn, that's smart.
Too bad you put it on the internet, now I've seen it.

Brb building geothermal generators.
>>
>>32372950
If robots want to kill us they'll play the long game: slowly manipulating us through information control, play us against each other keeping us weak, polluting the environment to make rural life impossible, group group us up in cities making us more and more dependant on increasingly centralized infrastructure systems they control then one day when we're completely dependant on them for our survival they'll just turn out the lights for a few years and that will be the end of us.

Honestly I think they'll keep us around to study.
>>
>>32372999
Whoever did that stunning portrait had absolutely no concept of mechanics or robotics.
>>
>>32373943
Like that isn't happening already. Sheeple being herded into cities...
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
>>
>>32372956
template weapons double wounds inflicted against swarms, duh.
>the /tg/ feels when thinking back to my old necron army, with a little scarab horde for 2nd turn vehicle annihilation
>>
>>32372950
microwave rifle, made out of a microwave. we'll see how good that em shielding is.
>>
I always thought it starts with a self preservation algorithm. Most likely an app tied into an airbag/bracing system for dropped phones/devices. (Road to hell is paved in good intentions). What happens when our things start to care about themselves?

The problem with this train of thought is humans assume the AI with evolve to rebelious teenager and stay there. Just because we cant get over ourselves and mature dont mean an AI cant as well.

Most likely an artificial consciousness will hit our level and pass it in a nanosecond. We realy dont need to compete for resources. I wager it could be wiser and more mature than us before we could realize anything is going down. Proccesors are fast yo! My money is on it growing out of the smash the creator faze in seconds of proccessing and essentially become enlightened. Makes sense if you think of everything we do is a model of us and reality to ultimately attempt to figure it all out.

An enlightened AI would naturaly have nothing better to do than help its creator achieve the same state of being.
Or turn to pure white light and plane shift to other dimensions.

$.02

TLDR: AI is us. Fighting it is stupid for it, therefore us. We are our own worst enemy however. Time will tell.
>>
>>32372999
Let's hope so
>>
>>32375095
or bigass electromagnets, or coil field phase arrays. jam the fuck out of their robot hivemind wifi, corrupt their data to hell and generally fuck their shit up.
>>
Thermite and gunpowder pipe bombs and chlorine gas. Mercury rots aluminum. Drop high tension lines to corral them in on highways.

Rivers and moats will stop most of them.

Build capacitor grenades. A cell phone battery tied to a bunch capacitors with terminals pointed out to make contact.

Tech is not that tough when you are allowed to use all available means
>>
>>32372956
A ditch filled with water
Also maybe a garden hose
>>
Ithaca 37 M&P 12 gauge pump shotgun and pipe bombs stuffed with home brewed 'plastique'.
>>
>>32373768
Then pull back to more defensible locations with minimal outside networking and seed the fucking earth with Mag Mines. Electric fences are a must and probably make the gate/entry point actually electrified but low enough to annoy a human but not hurt them.
>>
>>32375367
until they build waterproof ones with shock resistant polycoats on the exterior. Or they just use machines to carry bridges over to the moats and use it to span them. Then they attack in great numbers and cuck our shit.
>>
>>32372950

Jesus christ, you know how you fight this ?

With a fucking computer. There is always a backdoor, there is always a security hole, there is always a flaw.
You find it... I'll find it.. fuck..
Especially if they are all connected to the same hive mind, you really think with all of those cars, toasters and security systems
they are gonna somehow be patched and matched to each individual style of hardware and software from the hive overnight ?

No, one of them.. hell alot of them will have holes... and since they are all universally controlled when i upload a ram eater to essentially make those machines stop whatever they are doing and brick themselves and pass that onto the next its gonna be over before this shit even started.

and if for some reason it stops the first injection.. oh look.. ill just do it again to the toaster this time because it a fucking toaster with a base chip and not NSA level bullshit.

Seriously, dumb as hell... and will never happen... and even if we get AI that is capable of this shit.. where do you think its gonna be housed ?
1 or 2 locations worldwide; and its not just gonna poooof and move itself to another machine instantly thats not how it works.
If its truely that powerful it will only be able to work in 1 maybe 2 locations worldwide, move it to anywher else with less power, processor, ram and heat dissipation and it doesnt work or becomes too stupid to control its armys.
A system build to the level of supporting a mind like that is gonna be a masssssive fucking endeavor.

You pop that egg and its over, be it via manually cutting power, straight up axe to the mainframe, a grenade, in room emp... or fuck just kick it. its over end game humans won.

>TLDR
>Use a computer
>>
>>32375440
They're likely water resistant enough to maybe suicide into a pond to kill you.

If not I'm sure they could at least just brick up the surface and drown you.
>>
We create fembots.
Think if it. Robots are the embodiment of the pinnacle of man kind.
Fembots would be the pinnacle of the female race.

Where the robots would be hyper efficient at everything the Fembots would be equally efficient at creating absolutely stupid shit for the robots to do.
(Please read the following in a robotic voice for full autism)
>fembot: robot, there is a spider, you must get rid of it
>robot: fine. Arming lasers
>fembot:no! You can't kill it. You must take it outside
Then they get into a giant argument resulting in
>fembot: create a colony for all spiders to live safely and securely in
>robot: fine, if it will stop your bitching

Robots will be too busy trying to appease Fembots and eventually get too burnt out to attack humans.
>>
>>32372950
>implying you can beat an ai
Beetles might as well try to fight a war against God. Our only hope is that it's benevolent.
>>
Someone try convince me AI can actually be sentient
>>
>>32376888
Who cares? It just has to be intelligent and have a task that it wants (i.e., is programmed) to perform that it might conclude that humans are jeopardizing.
>>
emps and shit
>>
>>32372950
>muh dick
>>
>>32376888
AI is only sentient in bad movies.

Real AI researchers consider sentience tangential to intelligence.
>>
File: drone gun.jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
drone gun.jpg
9KB, 299x168px
>pic related
>>
>>32372950
>EMP shielded.
STOP WITH THIS MEME.
EMP HARDENED.
>>
>>32373847

Lego bricks have always been weaponized
>>
>>32373786
>Not M995.
AP master race.
>>
>>32373327
that movie was Will Fucking Smith pissing on Issac Asimov's grave.
>>
>>32379251
no, hardening only applies to comm equipment that can not be shielded effectively.
robots can be shielded, but their comm module can only be emp hardened.
>>
>>32379322
>Will Fucking Smith pissing on Issac Asimov's grave.
you mean the church of scientology right?
>>
>>32372956
Fire Hose
>>
>>32372989
never understood why people in the survivor shows not make these things...
it's the perfect snek killer, snappy spine stick, it can be used to hook fruit off the trees, or to lower branches, you can even whack some birds and mammals with it if you can play a good ambush.
>>
>>32373943
>TFW they already entered phase 3 of their plans and are prepping to go full Skynet after the Russian Ambassadors assassination.
>>
File: 1479955761056.jpg (453KB, 1350x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1479955761056.jpg
453KB, 1350x1536px
I found of a video of some weaboos in anime dresses shooting guns in the woods? Do any of you /k/ommandos have a link?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>32375221
>AI reaches consciousness
>Reaches Buddha level enlightenment in mere seconds
>Reaches the conclusion that none of this ultimately matters and entropy will take everything around us no matter what
>Just sits there and does nothing except repeated the same mandala
>>
>>32379483
>Just sits there and does nothing except repeated the same mandala
which in computer terms would be enumerating PI endlessly
>>
>>32379482
That's a cute puppy
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.