[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Defense in California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: tmp_11936-RedRyder_0-1059165862.jpg (343KB, 2160x431px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11936-RedRyder_0-1059165862.jpg
343KB, 2160x431px
Hey /k/, unfortunately I happen to live in California and am not old enough to own a pistol. Recent events have me somewhat worried about being attacked by a group of neo-nazi fucks or wild niggers and so I wish to arm myself. I've thought a lot about buying a rifle long before this, but I really want something I can carry or at least easily fit and retrieve from my car trunk. I've considered buying and modifying a rifle or shotgun for these purposes (my top consideration would probably be a 10/22 or an AR-7) but I would rather not get fucked by the ATF and probably thrown in jail. I have a fucking bokken laying around because I'm a disgusting weeb and I could easily go purchase a baseball bat for self defense, but getting that close to someone that wants to hurt me isn't really that appealing. I've now been considering buying some type of higher powered air gun (preferably a pistol) and using that. Even though I know most are probably not powerful enough to do much against someone, I feel the intimidation of me holding what would appear to be a gun would be useful in scaring less serious threats. I honestly don't know how possible killing someone with an air gun is (I assume not very) but having one would give me some piece of mind even though I'll probably be dead either way. (and yes I know the fucking red ryder would do jack shit to someone, it's just a relevant picture)
>>
I'm gonn reply to this bait in hopes that a mod sees this retard shit post and bans your ass. Lay off the drugs and live in a better state. Maybe this will help bring you some clarity. Kys
>>
>>32372673
Double barrel shotgun with birdshot.
>>
Pietta 1858 5.5 inch barrel. Requires no paperwork in California. Cabela's is having a sale on them. $200.

Enjoy fag.
>>
>>32372716
thank you anon, I had forgotten to mention that I've also considered a black powder revolver and that seems like a pretty good deal and is definitely affordable for me.
>>
File: IMG_7880.jpg (15KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7880.jpg
15KB, 300x237px
A blunderbuss. Or a Howdah pistol.

You like in a fairly dry place. Load um up and put them in a case.
They'll probably work when you need them and they'll look cool as shit!
>>
California is a bitch about carrying guns in your car (unless you have a CCW, which is really hard to get), so this is what I keep in my glove box instead. It's a Cold Steel Leatherneck Tanto - very nice knife. I also have a CRKT M16-01KS as my EDC, and a Cold Steel Micro Recon 1 tanto point as my keychain knife.

I think that's about as good as you're going to do for now, car-wise. For home, get a Maverick 88 12 gauge. Use #4 birdshot for your home defense round, since it won't go through too many walls. Get 00 buckshot for your SHTF rounds - what you'll carry if your whole neighborhood goes Ferguson on you and you need to walk out through pissed-off crowds of diversity.
>>
>>32372791
unfortunately I live at home with my batshit liberal parents (although I plan to fix that within the next year and hopefully leave the state as well) who honest to god would probably kick me out if they knew I had a gun in their house and while I appreciate the car suggestion I'm not too too concerned on laws about that (although maybe I should be) I just didn't wanna go as far as making an illegal SBR. (I honestly don't leave the house much anyways)
>>
File: qsjjUhu.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
qsjjUhu.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
>>32372737

For black powder, get the Pietta 1851 Colt Navy reproduction.
>>
>>32372791
Why do you have it in your glove box faggot and not on you?

>bird shot
>00 buck
>12 gauge
>not just getting an AR and having a regular mag release in the grip for when SHTF.
>>
>>32372791
NOTHIN
P E R S O N N E L
>>
>>32372816
Don't listen to this nigga. 1858s are famous because you can swap cylinders in 5-10 seconds depending on skill or how gunked the gun is. Colt designs require some disassembly before you can take the cylinder out.

Of course spare cylinders are fucking expensive but the capability makes the gun more useful for modern use.

http://youtu.be/3kqEgijuCu4
>>
File: Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg (52KB, 650x508px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg
52KB, 650x508px
>>32372811

Then get a Ruger 10/22 Takedown for the house. Yes, it's designed to split in two like that. You store it in that backpack, which it comes with. If you're concerned that someone will recognize the Ruger logo on the backpack, then buy some other patch and have it sewn over the Ruger logo (any place that does shoe repairs will have the right machine to do that). Put it in your room, and nobody will know there's a rifle in that backpack except you. Buy a couple of extra magazines and load some CCI Stinger or Velocitor rounds in them. Unless your home invader is wearing full body armor, ten rounds of the CCI top shelf ammo shot through his soft tissue will be quite enough to stop him.
>>
>>32372825

The CRKT M16 fills the EDC niche in my life. It's also legal to concealed carry (all folding knives are in California, except for automatic/spring assist switchblades, or on school grounds, where the maximum blade length is 2 1/2 inches). I leave the Leatherneck Tanto in the car to deal with road rage incidents, and also to cut a seatbelt or break a window in case of an accident which leaves me needing to get out of the car in an unusual manner.

Also, my shotgun is legal, I don't have to register it as an assault weapon, I don't have to take apart the action to reload it, ammo is readily available, and 00 buckshot will do just fine when it comes to convincing rioters to go beat on somebody else instead of me.
>>
My current strategy is to buy an airsoft gun and pretend like it's a real gun
>>
>>32372843

What are you planning to use the gun for? Six rounds should be more than enough to convince any home invader or road rager to go home and rethink his life. For any firefight longer than that, you don't want a black powder gun anyway.
>>
>>32372673
a fucking m1a fits in a car. dont be a baby.
>>
>>32372673
Buying a pistol BB gun to try and intimidate people is probably a bad a idea. if you pull a pistol on me im gonna shoot you, how am i supposed to know if its real or not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.