[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is PTR Industries Going Out of Business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Don with a PTR.jpg (79KB, 760x423px) Image search: [Google]
Don with a PTR.jpg
79KB, 760x423px
So, is PTR Industries going belly up? It seems like their line up is getting thinner and thinner. They no longer offer the short k models, and collapsible stocks are gone.

Has /k/ heard anything? I want to get a PTR badly.
>>
Lord I hope PTR doesn't flop. I've been wanting one for a long time, and these garbage gun laws in our state don't allow me to buy a gun for a while.
>>
>>32370861
I want a PTR 91 GI-R K.... Which is no more evidently.
>>
They're probably just thinning out their product line to minimize the number of models that don't sell. Last I heard they were working on HK33-pattern rifles now, and supposedly Century is relying on them to provide certain parts for the C308.

In addition, they're the only HK91-type producer in the United States, and it's not exactly an unpopular gun. They'll be fine.
>>
File: 1432527398417.jpg (2MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1432527398417.jpg
2MB, 4928x3264px
>>32370826
>They no longer offer the short k models, and collapsible stocks are gone.
Probably because they're out of the surplus parts necessary to make those models. Just like how they offered wood furniture for a couple years and now nothing.
>Has /k/ heard anything? I want to get a PTR badly.
They're just streamlining shit so they don't wind up in the hole like they did after the last panic ended.

>>32370922
>they're the only HK91-type producer in the United States, and it's not exactly an unpopular gun. They'll be fine.
There's Vektor-Kelley and Moore here in the USA, and MKE.
>>
>>32370944
>They're just streamlining shit so they don't wind up in the hole like they did after the last panic ended.
They're also probably still recovering from the cost of moving their entire production line to South Carolina after Sandy Vag made the politicians in their old home state basically kick them out.
>>
Well this is reassuring to say the least.

Are any of the specialty models worth it? I.e. the SC, or the FR, or the A3S/A3R? Or would I be better off with a standard GI?
>>
>>32370922
PTR almost went out of business before. I know because I was looking to buy a PTR-91 back in 2009 and they shut down for months while they changed management. The wait for a new PTR was so long I decided to buy another rifle.
>>
File: 1479776894700.jpg (188KB, 799x598px) Image search: [Google]
1479776894700.jpg
188KB, 799x598px
>>32371013
The FR has a heavier barrel than the GI or A3, so if accuracy is your main concern go with one of those.

>>32371031
PTR came close to going out of business just last year; the cost of their move to SC combined with the post-2013AWB-failure slump in the gun market hit them hard; their distributors weren't even ordering rifles for a couple months the sales were so slow.
>>
File: IMG_1258.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1258.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>32370876
I love my GI-K. IMHO, don't get the R version. Spend a little more on an HK claw mount.
>>
>>32371181
I guess there is no real way of knowing, but are things going ok for PTR now?
>>
File: Ne3yLoU.jpg (988KB, 2496x3328px) Image search: [Google]
Ne3yLoU.jpg
988KB, 2496x3328px
>>32371215
I think so. They seem to be doing well in selling their reduced product line, and introducing things like the paddle mag release and bringing back the steel lower (at least for the GI version) seem to be working well for them.
>>
>>32371350
Good looking gun! I would love a 16 inch GI, but I guess i'll settle for an 18.
>>
Do PTR's suppress ok?
>>
File: PTRLYFE.jpg (117KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PTRLYFE.jpg
117KB, 608x1080px
>>32371362
I do wish I'd gotten a 16" GI-K when they still existed. I wanted to be able to mount a bayonet on it, but with the stock flash hider it's too short. Only later did I find out you can just put a longer flash hider on it (like the G28 type or a Smith Vortex)) to make up the difference.
>>
>>32371401
Yes, but there's a part that I think needs to be swapped out for dwell timing. Forgot what it was, but there's an A3R review out there that gives the exact part number as well as a review on how well it runs with a can.
>>
>>32370944
MKE is turkshit
>>
>>32371424
>>32371401

Locking piece
They have several types with differing angles available that change how tight the lockup is
>>
>>32370826
>So, is PTR Industries going belly up? It seems like their line up is getting thinner and thinner. They no longer offer the short k models, and collapsible stocks are gone.

Gun manufacturers rarely truly go out of business. If they make enough bad business decisions that they go bankrupt, someone will buy their machinery and start over.

Or they'll do what Savage did and drop all the products that aren't really their core competency.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.