[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

11B Enlistment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: lightInfantry.jpg (120KB, 640x660px) Image search: [Google]
lightInfantry.jpg
120KB, 640x660px
Long story short, I'm losing an ROTC scholarship and can't go to uni no more. I went through infantry OSUT over the summer with the Guard, so when I'm reenlisted as per the terms of my scholarship's contract, I'll probably just go straight to my unit. I understand that things vary primarily by unit, but what is the daily grind like for a grunt?
>>
Why did you smoke weed and not study while on scholarship, faggot?
>>
Ask your buddies you went to basic with.
>>
PT, bitch-work (if garrison), SHARP classes, and occasional field training
T. 25th ID
>>
File: someRagrets.jpg (35KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
someRagrets.jpg
35KB, 634x480px
>>32368176
I ask myself that everyday
>>
>>32368142
Depends on the unit.
In general, here's your daily schedule.
0530: wake up
0615: show up to work
0630-0730/08: PT
0730-0900: Breakfast
0900-1200: training for the day, PMCS vehicles, etc.
1200-1330: lunch
1330-1700 resume training. This is where your day ends, get off work.
1700-whenever you go to bed. Time is mostly spent either drinking yourself into a stupor or sitting in an existential crisis

This is also barring any field training or 24 hour duties.
>>
>>32368142
Was a Marine grunt.

You could do worse than Army grunt. It's for guys who want to do it. Not bitches.
>>
File: 63487690.jpg (34KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
63487690.jpg
34KB, 500x667px
>>32370978
this
>>
>>32368189
Stfu hawaii scum
>>
>>32368189
can confirm. was in 2-35.
>>
>>32370978
yeah sounds about right if by "training" you mean cleaning ao's and listening to retarded nco's say stupid shit
>>
Kind of a retard question here

But just for a daily ruck training. Is 7km enough with 40 pounds?
>>
>>32372291
Don't ruck weight before joining. Just meet and exceed standards before joining.

For real you could break yourself before joining.
>>
Geez please people, provide more info. I'm not OP but want to hear more about what you'd be doing.
How long would you be doing this schedule >>32370978? A year at a time? Four years??
Just thought they'd be using the forces more productively than subjecting them to the tortures of no combat experienced (ROTC) NCOs and COs.
>>
>>32372419
Shut the fuck up kid. It's like you want to know it all before you do it.

Guess what? You show up. There's some yellow foot prints.
>>
>>32372341
Why not ruck? Its an excellent way of building your body and getting it used to have some weight on it. This definetly if you do it longterm and not just jump through the weights.

In my experiance it was the guys that DIDNT ruck that broke themself after joining and had to break their enlistment because their bodies wasnt used to the weight
>>
File: rucking.jpg (74KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
rucking.jpg
74KB, 644x408px
>>32372903
I was in a 'specialty' (try-hard) unit with AROTC before I went to OSUT, and rucking a lot beforehand made basic all too easy. Seems there was kind of learning curve to it, but the only people who really struggled with throughout the cycle were doomed from the start.
>>
>>32370978
that actually sounds pretty OK
>>
>>32368142
>Enlistment
Go to
the general
you faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.