[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Phoenix arms HP22?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Phoenix-Arms-HP22A-2.jpg (414KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix-Arms-HP22A-2.jpg
414KB, 800x629px
What do you guys think of the Phoenix arms HP22?
>>
Bump, I'm curious about one in .25 NIGGERACP
>>
>>32367065

Garbage. Ring of Fire junk. If you can get it new for $100 or less it might be okay for a cheapy glove box gun to fool around with. Otherwise, please pass on it.
>>
>>32367164
It sucks, says it holds 10 rounds, mag holds 10 rounds, mag wont fit in gun with 10. Made in Cali so that probably explains it.
>>
I actually like mine.

Kinda reliable. Dont enjoy the 14 safeties, but it is fun.

Wouldnt pay more than 80 for one. Maybe a hundred if it came with two barrels and two mags
>>
It's fun for playing james bond if you dont want to spring for a walther. Despite what fudds and noguns will tell you, it wont blow up and it works fine.

The recoil spring will wear out quickly, probably around 1000 rounds.
>>
>>32367356
>Kinda reliable

A glowing endorsement. The slide safety is the dumbest thing ever put on a handgun. You can grab one of these for under a 100 but that's half-way to a decent pistol (you can get a Beretta Neos for 190 man). If it's on the gun I've had somebody tell me it's broken at least once.
>>
>buy HP22
>take out safety and cut it with pliers to remove the interlock nub that prevents removing the magazine when the safety is off
>bend the metal bit that keeps you from turning the safety off while the magazine is removed
>Epoxy the slide safety in the "off" position

now you have a working shitty pistol
>>
>>32367209
>made in cali
>says ONTARIO right on the gun
>>
>>32369833https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario,_California
>>
>>32368604
Hah, I have (had) a neos. It was absolutely terrible. My mike is worlds ahead. Honestly my phoenix arms is more reliable than the neos.

I don't really mind slide safeties. I hear people complaining a lot, but my p 64 and 92 have never been accidentally actuated and i have carried both.
>>
>>32369867
>wikipedia
>>
They get kind of a bad rap but gun tests reviewed one a long time ago and it was one of the more accurate and reliable budget guns. I would have bought one instead of my fuckmark but couldn't find any.
>>
>The recoil spring will wear out quickly, probably around 1000 rounds.

How accurate is this statement ?
>>
>>32369898

Well why the fuck would Canada produce a civilian gun that cant even be sold in Canada?
>>
I have one. It is fun for fucking around with. The dual safety is kind of a pain, but for $80 it was worth it. Definitely a Saturday night special feel to it. If you are looking for something fun, cheap, and somewhat accurate go for it. I will say you are better off putting that money into a higher dollar, more quality hand gun. So, depends on what you want to do with it. It definitely gets a worse rap than it deserves, but far from an increadible gun.
>>
>>32367065
Owned one. Died after 2k rounds, frame crack. Lifetime warranty is bullshit they will dick you around. Save 100 more up buy a proper 22 or a SCCY for full caliber power for 100 more.
>>
>>32370809
100% true you will need replacements. Also dont field strip at the range you will absolutely lose the spring.
>>
File: 20161204_125823.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px)
20161204_125823.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>32367065
I love mine
>>
>>32370995
Seeing this ridiculous piece of potmetal makes me miss mine. It really did look like a PPK with the pinkie magazine.

My gun illiterate brother always called it the PP7 and the name stuck.

LETS GO FIND DR DOAK IN THE FACILITY
>>
>>32370958
Did u send back under the warranty & they gave u a new one ?
>>
>>32371027
Kek it is ridiculous as fuck but I swear I love the shit outta mine. I really do. Cost me $110 OTD and never had any trouble with it 2.5k rounds in! Looking to get a Raven Arms MP25 now :^]
>>
They say the frame cracks eventually if you use anything but subsonic .22lr, and also that the frame cracks anyway even if you do.

I'd probably just fix it with JB weld anyway, since it can't be much weaker than the shit potmetal it's made of.
>>
>>32367065
Kill it with fire.
No really, buy a brick of 22 and see what lasts longer.
>>
>>32369898
>oh shit i got proved wrong and just realized im a dumbass, better try and save face in front of all my anon friends
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.