[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best sword on the market right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: the-diphos-photo1.png (30KB, 1033x166px) Image search: [Google]
the-diphos-photo1.png
30KB, 1033x166px
Is this the best sword on the market right now?
>>
a sword that shoots smaller swords so you can engage from a distance.
>>
>>32366886
The one that's a gun.
>>
File: FRANKA.jpg (224KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FRANKA.jpg
224KB, 664x1000px
>>32366906
>>
>>32366913
Guns require ammo, swords don't.

Swords: 1
Guns: 0
>>
>not obviously superior nippon steel
>>
>>32366919
>that edit tho
>>
>>32366942
Every firearm with a bayonet would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>32366886
Just get a training sword from Sharukhan. 170 shipped, 65 & 50 rockwell made of spring and 4mm thick at a minimum. Cant beat that shit. Personally I went with the longsword for 50 bucks more, because I appreciate the reach and those hard ass downward 2 handed swings.

Or was this a troll thread :(
>>
>>32367041
Sometimes I really genuinely don't understand the "humor" undertones of this board.

OP asked a legitimate question about a specific sword, and what followed were stupid /b/-tier posts, mostly unrelated.

Then this guy >>32367041 comes along, telling OP to buy a shitty 170 bucks training sword which isn't as sturdy or sharp as the Diphos and is probably not what he's looking for.

Reminder to myself: never take 4chinz seriously.
Never ask questions you want actual answer to.
>>
>>32366886
That's like asking about the best gun on the market. There are different swords for different applications.
>>
>>32367085
But its the sturdiest strongest thing around for 170. Its a training sword meant to be hit edge to edge, which real swords arent. Its alot sturdier and stronger than a real medieval arming sword thats for sure.

I use one for HMB, dunno what OP wants it used for. Shoulda said that probably.
>>
>>32367276
Also, isnt that greek sword some zombie killer tier reddit thing that is painted neon green?
>>
File: black katana.jpg (145KB, 739x752px)
black katana.jpg
145KB, 739x752px
>>32366886

Handmade Katana
youll pay thousands for it
>>
>>32367041
>>32367085

stage quality swords are great
> get it sharpened if you want to use it to fight with
>>
I want a custom Gladius from Miller's Bros. Blades
>>
>>32366945
muh dik
>>
>>32366886
>Best sword
Best how? There's no such thing as a "best sword"
>>
>>32366886
The Diphos is a sword, an axe and a baseball bat all in one tool. It is definitely the best out there.
The price is quite low too.
>>
>>32367774
Steel hardness? Is it mild? Spring? Is it forged or cast? Best for steel is like food, it is more determined by ingredients than shape.
>>
>>32367405
>>32366886
Is Howard Clark still making his L6 version? From a purely metallurgical point of view I'd go with that.
>>
>>32366945
is this from a wife shopping website? how much for that one?
>>
>>32368635
ZT doesn't say the HRC, probably around 53-56
5160 spring steel
The blank is done via forging and ground to finish like the majority of sword manufacturers on the market

And the shape does matter, distal taper is a huge thing in making a decent sword. ZT could do with improving this, the Diphos base is 6mm thick, having the base thickness be something like the 7.25mm thickness that Albion's doing on their Knecht would allow them to make a blade that's thinner near the CoP - making it cut better.
>>
>>32366945
Where do these videos come from? I only see still images on the website.
>>
The Assault Rifle
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.