[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /k/ I ordered my very first gun last night, an AR-15. I'm not experienced with guns really at all but know a lot about them an what not. I want to learn the gun first before I shoot it.

So, what's some of the first things I should know or learn about the AR system? Where should I start?
>>
>>32349955
Pic related, that's the AR I ordered
>>
not bad for a first AR. Although I will say an AR is a weird first gun. Handguns and bolt actions are much simpler to understand, but here's a video that helped me understand them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GP80BhfXs
>>
>>32349955
do you know how too...
>the four rules
>maintence?
>the types of jams?
>how to clear missfires?
>how to maintain your weapon in extreme heat and cold?
>how to aim with both eyes open?
>how to strip blindfolded.
>how about after your gun has been sitting in a freezeing pool of mud for an hour?
get a strap, and lurk more
>>
>>32349955

start with a rear sight
>>
>>32350116
Thank you, yeah it's a del ton, I got it for a deal. Eh, I just really like AR's, prolly not the best choice but oh well lmao
>>32350244
I know how to aim with both eyes open, but other than that nope.
>>
>>32350270
That's gonna be my first buy
>>32350244
Oh i know the four rules too
>>
>>32350116

I forget if I got my inherited PPK before the AK I bought but I could shill for an AK for a first timer because of how simple it is. Though if you do your reading and watching the AR should be fine.

And what >>32350244 said. Abridged because I can't sleep but do not rely on an abridged post from some faggot on 4chan:

-Always treat gun like it's loaded. Even if you know it's not loaded others may not and it builds muscle memory/discipline of not behaving like a retard with the gun
-Check every time you pick it up to make sure it isn't loaded. This has exceptions because obviously if you put it down, go to the shelf to get gun oil and come back a gremlin didn't sneak in a round.
-Never point it at anything unless you intend to shoot that thing, and know what is behind that thing and whether what is behind it could be expected to stop the bullet.
-Figure out how to clear an AR jam
-If you think you got a squib round (is that the right term? Forget) where the bullet didn't leave the barrel remove magazine clear chamber then after waiting some time (a few minutes or whatever) try to clear the round with a cleaning rod. If it isn't easy to remove then you will need a gunsmith to do it.
-Field strip and then re-assemble, understand how the gun works. Field strip it enough that you know how to do it without watching a video or reading a manual while you do it.
-You don't need to strip it blindfolded or extreme heat or cold unless you are going to do that shit, not just range queen it.
>>
>>32349955
You gotta do a desk pop. Its your right of passage into firearms ownership.
>>
File: 1470278558188.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1470278558188.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>32349955
That was my first ar!!! I still keep her around because it's so damn reliable.
>pic for proof
>>
>>32352811
Buy a BUIS you fuck
>>
>>32353720
Literally dead weight
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.