[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun cases.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1179.jpg (51KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1179.jpg
51KB, 640x451px
Hard Case or Soft Case.

Which one does the majority of /k/ use.
>>
>>32348858
Soft case.
>>
Depends. Travel? Hard. Range trip? Either
>>
>>32348890
>Travel

Unless you FLY a lot with your gun, or if you're just willfully irresponsible with smashing your luggage around while loading your car; a soft case can be much more convenient and perfectly sufficient when it comes to "driving around" type travel.

As far as air travel is concerned; you DEFINITELY want a hard case, baggage handlers and the handling/loading process are a goddamn disaster, if you travel with a soft case, you're just asking for broken shit.
>>
>>32348941
When I say travel I mean either air travel or thousand mile plus road trip. For road trips I use hard cases because I can stack everything on top of them without worry.
>>
File: 1368937485572 small.jpg (355KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1368937485572 small.jpg
355KB, 1024x765px
Soft case mostly because it came with the majority of the milsurp I mail ordered.
>>
File: 1467556816175.jpg (45KB, 262x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467556816175.jpg
45KB, 262x394px
>>32348858
Sling or pelican. There's no other operational option.
>>
>>32348858
Soft for anything other than air travel or situations where the gun is unattended/being handled by someone else.

Also, here's a protip:
Only OPERATORS use cut out foam in hard cases because that's the way their shit comes from Crane and whatever DoD contractor they buy it from. Only try hard mallninjas sit around cutting foam with a razor/soldering iron.
Put your soft case inside your hard case when you travel, better job than foam ever does.
>>
>>32348989
Drag bags/sniper bags have always been an acceptable soft option.

As for hard cases, Hardigg has always been more OP than Pelican and rules the day with .mil contracts, but I think it doesn't matter anymore they are the same company - but you can find weapon sized hardigg gun cases surplus on ebay
>>
>>32349032
>Only S6 use cut out foam, for all of their commo dodads

You've never seen an ODA jam a bunch of M4's in a single pelican case.
>>
>>32348957
I get what you mean, I'm just saying that with a tiny bit of planning and patience I would consider hard cases a necessity ONLY for flights.

Admittedly, I've never done a single vehicle extreme range relocation. I've driven to relocate sure; but for closer shit I made multiple trips, and in the handful of cross-country relocation I've done I generally rented a truck and had family/friends to help me, or made a flight back to pick up my car. (because why the fuck would you drive a box cart back across half the country) and made a second trip; in which I brought most of what I considered "sensitive valuables" {watched by friends during trip #1}(computers, pets, screens, guns, personal effects) were packed fairly lightly with the TVs/Monitors and guns with mounted optics on the very top (other pistols I owned [aside from the one I carry in my holster] were safe and locked in their own cases).

Sure; I couldn't realistically pack "all my shit" into a single vehicle; I simply got too much crap, but in the few contexts where I had to pack a bunch of my shit on, Guns and 'delicates' (electronics for the most part) would definately be on the top, and soft cases absolutely work (my safe would go ahead on the truck, empty awaiting me and the guns). And I'm not going to try to pretend to be a "badass" or "paranoid asshole" or anything, and no, I've never had to yank my AR out of the trunk while sleeping at a truck stop or some shit, but in terms of practicality; if you WERE realistically hauling all your shit cross country and possibly for a couple of days; wouldn't you WANT your long gun to be reasonably quick to ready and on the top of the pile?

I would.

Also hard cases take up a lot of space and are bulky. If I had a hard case for every single long-arm I own, it'd easily be SEVERAL times the size of my safe. And frankly my safe is the only hard case I need. On the way to the range, or on the way to a new residence all my shit is under my direct control.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.