[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big 5 policy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0064.jpg (756KB, 1790x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
756KB, 1790x407px
So today I went to big 5 to pick up pic related because it's on sale for like 200 bucks and I got turned down because I have a paper ID. I just got my license changed yesterday because I got a new address and the new ID hasn't come in. Do you anons know if this really is store policy or was she just being a bitch?
>>
>>32347955
Store policy is what ever they want it to be you dumb fucking nigger. Just go somewhere else
>>
>>32347955
Big 5 wouldn't sell me a gun because I was out of State. Even tho it's legal, company policy. So I went elsewhere.

So I could believe they are just huge faggots.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (116KB, 1524x208px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
116KB, 1524x208px
>>
Sounds like you'll just have to wait or take your business elsewhere, pal.
>>
>>32347955
If the paper says something akin to "temporary valid ID" then I don't think they ought to turn you down. Probably just her being cautious. Why didn't you politely ask for a manager and earnestly explain your situation? That you wouldn't have come with a paper ID if it weren't for fear of missing the sale or some shit
>>
>>32347955
Should live in a state that just prints licenses at every DMV instead of being retarded and only printing them at one location in the entire state
>>
>My local McDonald's said no free refills. Better ask /ck/ what to do
>>
>>32347955
Just go cruise your local pawnshops for a 500 or 870 for the same exact price. They take any ID as long as you pay cash.
>>
>>32348090
Half would call you a pleb for even uttering the name of a fast food place and the other half would tell you to conduct a hotline miami style assault on the mcdonalds.
>>
>>32347955
big5 never knows the law and worst yet they wont even do transfers for handguns. they are a cuck state company what do you expect
>>
>>32348090
Corporate doesn't allow McDonald's locations to charge for refills in the United States. I'd yell at them like a good American until they gave it to me for free
>>
>>32347955
Fuck Big 5. Spend your money elsewhere.
>>
>>32347955
Live in California? If so, stores don't have to accept your paper ID.

source: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs#8G
>>
>>32347955
Bars in my state rarely accept paper IDs. Right to refuse service buddy.
>>
let me guess, you live in AZ and have to wait the 2 weeks for your real card to come in the mail? Technically they don't have to take it because store policy is whatever they want it to be. It's lame but it is what it is.
>>
>>32347955
I got that same shotgun. mother fucker jammed after 5 shots. reliability my ass although it is a great shotgun.
>>
>>32353078
Clean it before shooting?
>>
>>32347955
It says right on the 4473 that a valid government issued photo ID with your current address and date of birth is required to establish your identity. It's not store policy or bitchiness, its the law.
>>
>>32353304
Okay so when she asked me for ID so I could hold the gun how is it adequate identification for that but not for a 4473?
>>
>>32353345
She didn't need it, but it's probably policy to ask for folks who look under age. It's not adequate for the 4473 though.
>>
if you have your old ID, take it in with the paper copy. that should be enough to establish your identity and your address.
>>
>>32347955
Yup thats store policy all right. Big 5 is based out of Riverside, California. They have some stupid as policys.
> source i am a manager for Big 5 in AZ
>>
File: 20161216_155805~2.jpg (172KB, 1919x520px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_155805~2.jpg
172KB, 1919x520px
>>
>>32348025
Some places will give you a rain check slip if there's some reason you can't buy what you want the day of the sale (other than just being poor of course) although I've never seen that at a big 5, usually cabela's or gander mountain. I've also changed my address online at a gun shop on a couple different occasions and printed off the sheet there which they accepted no problem. That could be a state by state issue though. God bless Texas
>>
File: 1477346895066.jpg (351KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
1477346895066.jpg
351KB, 800x537px
>>32347955
I once got the exact same Mav88 from them with a license without my updated address on it. The manager asked me "do you live at the same address (on the license)" and I told him no, and then he told me that if I didn't then he wouldn't be able to sell it to me. He then asked the exact same question again, and I told him I do live there, and he said "Ok, good, just make sure you write that same address on the 4473." I can't say anything bad about my experience with them, but I can see where >>32348127 and >>32347987 are coming from.

(Nice dubs, btw.)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.