[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best for HD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1024px-PEO_Mossberg_590A1.jpg (25KB, 1024x382px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-PEO_Mossberg_590A1.jpg
25KB, 1024x382px
Shotgun, AR, or pistol?

Why or why not?
>>
Probably pistol because it's short and easier to keep close by in a drawer or nightstand or whatever so you can get to it quickly if you aren't bachelor enough to just have a longarm sitting propped against the wall or something.

After that, probably some kind of SBR would be best, but we can't have nice things.
>>
>>32347589
The one you can operate well enough to defend yourself at 2am.
>>
>>32347589
I'd say pistol for standard houses because of what >>32347808 said and also because 9mm or .45 are better at shooting inside of roomwith your TV, computer and picture of your dear mother.
>>
>shotgun, AR, or pistol
Why choose? Have a bedside AR and then have the rest of your firearms strategically scattered around your home.
>>
>>32348128
Good idea to give free weapons to your intruder
>>
File: d3nh0.jpg (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
d3nh0.jpg
150KB, 640x480px
SBS.
>>
>>32347589

AR pistol w/ light and electronic earpro here
I think it's probably the best choice for most everyone. Also have pistol w/ light
>>
>>32348147
>mag fed 8.5" grizzly
Nice mang I want a 12.5" tube fed. How does the mag fed run? My buddy said it sucks but it could be hit and miss
>>
I'd say pistol for the fact that
>Over penetration is easier to control
>CAR was literally invented for CQC with pistols, as it reduced your "length" by a considerable amount
>Easier to store/access

Realistically, whatever you feel comfortable with and can use properly will work, but this is what I prefer.
>>
>>32348213
CAR is a meme, overpenetration is mitigated with any weapon if the right load is used, and an AR propped by the bedside is just as easy to access
>>
>>32348235
>CAR is a meme
It's memed*
Its actually effective if you practice it enough. And use it in the right context.

>overpenetration is mitigated with any weapon if the right load is used
True, but it's easier to control

>an AR propped by the bedside is just as easy to access
Mostly true. The only difference I'd say is that if you only have one on hand on a pistol, you can still use it effectively, whereas using an AR with one hand won't be as effective.

Like I said, I'm not saying x is better than y, I'm just stating my opinions and my reasons for them.
>>
>>32348189
It isn't mine.
>>
I just moved into a new place. I have an 18" fal in the corner next to the bed and a 10mm in the nightstand. I should have brought the ar or valmet, but I shoot the fal the most and already had it in the truck. It'll be okay....r-right?
>>
>>32348213

>Over penetration is easier to control

JHPs act like FMJs when you shoot drywall, they don't really expand. High velocity fragmenting 5.56 is much less likely to overpenetrate than a pistol round.
>>
High capacity carbine in 556, bonus points for bullpup.
>>
>>32348353

>real fuckin NATO
>10mm

I hope you hate your neighbors...
>>
>>32348370
I get home late and go to work early and they like to stay up late bumping some shit broccoli song during the 4 hours I try to sleep.
>>
File: 0000914_micro-roni.jpg (97KB, 1590x631px) Image search: [Google]
0000914_micro-roni.jpg
97KB, 1590x631px
If I didn't live in CA, one of these prolly

https://usa.caagearup.com/caa-micro-roni#
>>
Carbine > Shotgun > Pistol
>>
>>32351154
being a gun owner in this state is true suffering
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.