[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAPI V Swimmer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: plate types.png (60KB, 960x663px) Image search: [Google]
plate types.png
60KB, 960x663px
SAPI cut vs Swimmer cut (idgaf about a rectangular plate, I'm not a tard).
>>
>>32347204
Rectangular for the back, swimmer for the front.

/thread
>>
>>32347224
>/threading his own post

You must really enjoy sucking yourself off.
>>
>>32347251
kek good one
>>
>>32347224
He didn't fucking thread his own thread
>>
>>32347204
SAPI
shooter's cut tends to expose parts of your lungs, and the problem is exacerbated if you aren't standing perfectly square to whoever's shooting you.
>>
>>32347251
I do.
>>
>>32347251
This
>>
File: IMG_0935.jpg (2MB, 4002x3001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0935.jpg
2MB, 4002x3001px
>>32347204
I have shooters now and had SAPIs before. I prefer the shooters cut, I always felt the regular sapis made shouldering a rifle a bit more uncomfortable.
>>
>>32348151
>I always felt the regular sapis made shouldering a rifle a bit more uncomfortable.
That's why you have an adjustable length stock.
>>
>>32347204
pretty much all plate carriers are made for SAPI plates and theres like two shit tier ones that fit swimmer cuts
>>
>>32350682
I don't understand why people buy simple plate carriers. Do you wear a 3a vest underneath. Do you think bullets only hit ur plates? Just buy mil surp that "fell off the truck."
>>
>>32350565
Which has nothing to do with the cut of the plates. I put the stock one position further in regardless of plate design, shooters cut just allows me have a better purchase on the stock whereas SAPI's sat a bit wide.
>>
I am looking to getting into plate carriers and plates but have literally no experience with them. Do any of you have any tips? Recommendations?
>>
>>32351242
>shoot you with a 380 in your left shoulder
>dead
Soft armor all around bros. You ain't in a war.
>>
>>32347224
/thread
>>
File: 20161216_165925.jpg (1000KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_165925.jpg
1000KB, 2560x1536px
>>32351264
there is a 24/7 gear queer thread you lazy fuck. maybe you could goddamn lurk

the basics of armor
>its expensive, heavy, and wont help that much in a shtf scenario without hospitals
>buy ceramic not steel
>ar500 has constant product recalls
>condor is shit
>best bang for buck plate carrier is a contract overrun lbt 6094s in ranger green on ebay ($400 pc for $200, they pop up every now and then)
>failing thats the aws ocpc is the best lbt clone out there. AWS clones cool guy gear for military units trying to save money on group purchases. they make a lot of really nice fucking gear, I wish they knew they existed when I got into the gear game
>more important than armor is carrying water, ammo, and medical supplies on your person. source and camelbak for hydration, tons of great mag and med pouches, I use patrol incident gear for mag pouches and tyr tactical for the ifak
>>
File: in creek.jpg (4MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
in creek.jpg
4MB, 4000x2250px
>>32351177
because vitals protection is important if you plan on getting shot at. the plates cover your lungs and heart, anything else you can survive much easier than a shot to the chest(save head, but its hard to hit.) And people are trained to shoot center of mass.
>>
No one ever thinks of the logistics of shit like this SAPIs work for front and back. You have 1 viable shape of armor, that may not be as good as something purpose made for front or back, but it simplifies logistics by having only 1 type of plate.

Finding something in the correct size is bad enough, adding different styles of plate for either front or back complifies the logistics of getting soldiers their armor/replacements, especially in something as chaotic as a warzone.
>>
>>32351679

if youre gonna be a commie shit you could at least get a striped commie shit shirt and not a flannel one

fuck
>>
>>32351177
I don't understand why people buy plate carriers at all. Assuming you aren't military or a private security contractor (if you were, you wouldn't be asking questions here), what even remotely plausible scenario exists where armor would be worth the tradeoff in weight and mobility and you would have the opportunity to put it on before getting shot at? Protip, there isn't one. It's just kids who play too much CoD trying to justify purchasing more tacticool shit.
>>
File: on rock.jpg (4MB, 3300x1854px) Image search: [Google]
on rock.jpg
4MB, 3300x1854px
>>32352244
its just a normal flannel shirt, nigger. these pics are old as fuck as well, need to go take new ones.
>>
>>32354000
What, in your opinion, was the 2nd Amendment introduced for? Duck hunting? Or do you suppose that you can't beat dem drones, so violently resisting tyranny is no longer on the table?

The reason plates are important is that you literally get another chance at life. Getting hit in the vitals with a rifle round is almost guaranteed to be fatal, if not immediately then in short order. You can be the greatest top-tier operator on the planet, and still not see the asshole popping out from behind a corner and shooting you in the back. And then you die.

Guns, in general, do not allow you to fuck up and get away with it. There is little room for error, and your life is on the line. Why you think wearing 8-10lbs worth of armor isn't justified, is baffling.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.